Fantasy Football 2010

Started by capt._headdy, Aug 08, 2010, 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawpaw

QuoteThanks! Yim's Pickle is ready for battle.

Eew. Penny's gross.

I'm going to try to draft live, but at the very least I've got my draft preference list dialed in really well if I've got to rely on auto.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

capt. scotty

Alright, so everybody is in for $20 except the 2 that havent responded yet: Jon T and BigBossMan.

30/30/60/120 works for me assuming we have all 12 that end up paying. If its only 10 of us, we can adjust accordingly
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

I'm going to try to draft live, but at the very least I've got my draft preference list dialed in really well if I've got to rely on auto.

This also helps when the ol interweb connection drops and you dont get stuck having the computer pick the highest ranked player which happens to be Roethlisberger who is out the first 4-6 weeks
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Jon T.

QuoteAlright, so everybody is in for $20 except the 2 that havent responded yet: Jon T and BigBossMan.

30/30/60/120 works for me assuming we have all 12 that end up paying. If its only 10 of us, we can adjust accordingly

I'm not playing, Capt.  Aren't there already 12 teams signed up?

capt. scotty

QuoteAlright, so everybody is in for $20 except the 2 that havent responded yet: Jon T and BigBossMan.

I'm not playing, Capt.  Aren't there already 12 teams signed up?

Ahh, yes....Havent looked at the actual league in awhile and thought you were 1 of the 2 but I guess not. My bad.

Its actually BigBossMan and EazyE

aMillionDreams

Is BigBossMan also his forum handle?  I don't remember him.

Great song though, "Why won't you help me when I call?/Youain't so big/you just talk, that's just about all"
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

corey

Do you guys think we should lose one of the flex players? With 12 teams, I afraid the talent will be thinned out. Seems like someone suggested it, but I thought I'd ask again and get a better idea about what you folks think.  I think we should lose one of the WR/RBs.

Crispy

QuoteDo you guys think we should lose one of the flex players? With 12 teams, I afraid the talent will be thinned out. Seems like someone suggested it, but I thought I'd ask again and get a better idea about what you folks think.  I think we should lose one of the WR/RBs.

My other league last year had 14 teams, and the same number of spots (a W/T in place of one of the W/Rs), and it worked out fine. We have a lot of bench spots, might I suggest an IR spot or two?
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

capt. scotty

Id like to keep the rosters as is since we already dropped a bench spot because of 12 teams, right?

Im always for as many starting spots as possible because I hate being 50/50 on starting someone and benching the wrong guy, and I think more starters give the best teams (the most depth) the advantage they deserve.

Having IR spots doesnt matter for football because if youre on IR, youre done for the year.

corey

Yeah, we dropped a bench spot already.  

I had a 6-team draft last night. i guess I'm getting used to having lots of talent in those drafts. It's kinda funny when you have Favre and Forte on your bench instead of the starting line-up.   ;D

Crispy

QuoteId like to keep the rosters as is since we already dropped a bench spot because of 12 teams, right?

Im always for as many starting spots as possible because I hate being 50/50 on starting someone and benching the wrong guy, and I think more starters give the best teams (the most depth) the advantage they deserve.

Having IR spots doesnt matter for football because if youre on IR, youre done for the year.
I thought the IR spots were to put any injured guy in that might be coming back, so you could pick up another player.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

capt. scotty

QuoteId like to keep the rosters as is since we already dropped a bench spot because of 12 teams, right?

I thought the IR spots were to put any injured guy in that might be coming back, so you could pick up another player.

It works like that in hockey and baseball, but I dont think it does in football as players are simply probable, questionable, doubtful, out, or on IR (done for the year). I dont think there's anything where you could put someone who is "out" on some kind of IR spot.

Ruckus

It works like that in hockey and baseball, but I dont think it does in football as players are simply probable, questionable, doubtful, out, or on IR (done for the year). I dont think there's anything where you could put someone who is "out" on some kind of IR spot.

The reason IR spots are an option are because of keeper leagues.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

BigBossMan

hey sorry guys, i havent checked this one in a while

im in for $20  how do you pay?
It ain't evil baby if it ain't hurtin' anybody

.Walt

Had my draft on Friday. I had the 7th outta 10. I know my team isn't great, but it's not the worst. But it seemed that this year was so watered down. I took Aaron Rodgers first. I don't know, I'd rather have a top QB than any of the RB's that were available, and Andre Johnson was drafted already.

Here's my starting roster...
QB Aaron Rodgers
WR DeSean Jackson
WR Dwayne Bowe
RB Rashard Mendenhall
RB Pierre Thomas
/ Donald Driver or Lawerence Maroney
TE Jermichael Finley
K Stephen Gostkowski
DL Mario Williams
LB Jonathon Vilma
DB Brain Dawkins

Bench...Driver or Maroney, Steve Breaston, Devery Henderson, Visanthe Shinncoe, Shayne Graham, Joe Flacco, Willis McGahee

I usually try to trade a QB, so I think I have two good ones. And having Shinncoe will help with trades with Viking homers. Headdy, anything good to say about Mendenhall? You looking for him to be a beast this year? Any insight on the Steelers would be great. I like him as my #1, because there isn't any other cooks in that kitchen.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

capt. scotty

QuoteHad my draft on Friday. I had the 7th outta 10. I know my team isn't great, but it's not the worst. But it seemed that this year was so watered down. I took Aaron Rodgers first. I don't know, I'd rather have a top QB than any of the RB's that were available, and Andre Johnson was drafted already.

QB Aaron Rodgers
WR DeSean Jackson
WR Dwayne Bowe
RB Rashard Mendenhall
RB Pierre Thomas
TE Jermichael Finley
K Stephen Gostkowski
DL Mario Williams
LB Jonathon Vilma
DB Brain Dawkins

Bench...Driver or Maroney, Steve Breaston, Devery Henderson, Visanthe Shinncoe, Shayne Graham, Joe Flacco, Willis McGahee

I usually try to trade a QB, so I think I have two good ones. And having Shinncoe will help with trades with Viking homers. Headdy, anything good to say about Mendenhall? You looking for him to be a beast this year? Any insight on the Steelers would be great. I like him as my #1, because there isn't any other cooks in that kitchen.

Looks like someone is drinking that Wisconsin kool aid  ;D

Mendenhall was one of the only guys that looked good last night, but most of the preseason a lot of the talk here is that people havent thought he's looked good and are worried about him and the running game, especially while Ben is out. Not sure I agree, but thats the word on the street. I think you lucked out on getting him 14th overall.

I love Rodgers but I think his, Brees, and Peyton's price tag is too rich for my blood. Give me a top shelf RB or WR instead in the 1st/2nd and I'll grab a Rivers a few rounds later or just go QBBC.

Maybe its just that Im catching up on my info this year, but the guys you can draft after the 7th-8th round this year just dont seem very appealing. Sleepers appear to be at a minimum.

I did a mock yesterday that was supposed to be 12 teams, but only 8 signed up. What a joke that was. I drafted Forte with my last pick instead of a kicker just so I can hopefully trade him  ;D

Penny Lane

so this is thurs night, can someone tell me what to do (as if you're explaining it to a group of 'special children'..be gentle...

so some of you are auto drafting and the rest of us are regular drafting?

also, we are picking individual defense players?

oh and i have a sleeper wide receiver, you're all going to be jealous.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

capt. scotty

Quoteso this is thurs night, can someone tell me what to do (as if you're explaining it to a group of 'special children'..be gentle...

so some of you are auto drafting and the rest of us are regular drafting?

also, we are picking individual defense players?

oh and i have a sleeper wide receiver, you're all going to be jealous.

I think everyone will be there for the draft. BBill said he might miss some I think though

All you have to do is go to the league homepage about 15 minutes before the draft, and there will be something that says "Enter Live Draft", click it and youre in teh draft room

yeah, were picking defensive players but you only need 3. backups arent usually worth it for the IDP's

Ruckus

QuoteHad my draft on Friday. I had the 7th outta 10. I know my team isn't great, but it's not the worst. But it seemed that this year was so watered down. I took Aaron Rodgers first. I don't know, I'd rather have a top QB than any of the RB's that were available, and Andre Johnson was drafted already.

QB Aaron Rodgers
WR DeSean Jackson
WR Dwayne Bowe
RB Rashard Mendenhall
RB Pierre Thomas
TE Jermichael Finley
K Stephen Gostkowski
DL Mario Williams
LB Jonathon Vilma
DB Brain Dawkins

I'd say that's a pretty solid team Walts.  I really like Pierre Thomas this year w/o M. Bell and Finley the Freak is due you have the breakout season right?  Dwayne Bowe is a big ? for me.  We shall see how it goes in KC.  I tend to agree with you about options in the 1st round.  I had the first of five money league drafts yesterday. ;D  I had the 4th pick in a 12 team league.  I was pretty much set that if I didn't have the 1st overall pick, I'd take either Rodgers or Brees in the middle to end and Andre Johnson towards the end if he was available.  All the top running backs seem to be crapshoots.  I drafted Arian Foster in the 3rd round with Shonn Greene and Lesean McCoy on the board among others and got tore into by my buddies who don't have the balls to not draft chalk.  I liked him better and took him.

More prop bet shenanigans Walts.  I bet my buddy who took C. Benson two picks before I took Foster that Foster would finish the season with more fantasy points than Benson.  The loser has to pick up and drive the winner to the nearest Payless Shoe Store and buy the winner the pair of shoes of their choice. ;D ;D  That's how we do!
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Penny Lane

sorry my last question:

are we using the yahoo default scoring method?
or have you set up your own points system?

i've heard that in some leagues, QBs earn a lot more points so you'd want to draft them first, but in most leagues it's wise to go for better RBs first...so i think for the default scoring, you'd want to draft RBs first, or no?
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill