Fantasy Football 2010

Started by capt._headdy, Aug 08, 2010, 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawpaw

More importantly, you are looking for the league setup.  How many of each position can I start.  Since in our format, it's three RBs and three WR while only one QB, quality RBs and WRs become scarcer.  The raises the issue of point differential.  For instance, you can take Rodgers in the 1st round but you may grab Rivers in the 4th or Kolb in the 7th and they end up scoring only 60 points less than Rodgers.  That makes a difference of 3 to 4 points a game on average.  However, if you don't grab a top RB that is going to get all the carries and goal line touches, after the 1st tier, you are looking at time share running backs.  Your 3rd RB and 3rd receiver might only score 90-100 points in the season.  While the top ones are scoring over 200.  You then have a much greater average point differential to overcome.

Word. That's a solid justification. Thanks Ruckus.  8-)

What's the deal with the waiver numbering on our league home page standing board? I get the 2-day waiting period for players that have been dropped, but is there an established order that people can claim them once their available?

Welcome back Hawkeye!
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

capt. scotty

No thank you for me, eh? I see how it is you bernard pollard-hoggin bastard!!  ;)

Waiver order should be in that main grid that shows record and stuff. I believe it should be reverse draft order (ie 12th pick has #1 waiver priority)
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

pawpaw

QuoteNo thank you for me, eh? I see how it is you bernard pollard-hoggin bastard!!  ;)

Waiver order should be in that main grid that shows record and stuff. I believe it should be reverse draft order (ie 12th pick has #1 waiver priority)

Yeah right dude, I hold grudges. MAJOR grudges.  >:( So, no thanks for you.  ;D

I think the biggest thing I was missing was the idea of the various point differentials for the different position pools based on league set-up.

(Thanks for the waiver clarification...  :P)

Take 'er easy Headdy...

BigBossMan

About the Waiver Order...
If more than one manager claims the same player, the team that's highest on the waiver priority list gets the player.
In Public Leagues, the priority list is initially set based on the reverse of the draft order. However, each time you add a player to your roster, you're pushed to the back of the list. The team with the lowest waiver priority is always the team that completed the last successful waiver claim. This "rolling" list stays in effect for the entire season.
It ain't evil baby if it ain't hurtin' anybody

.Walt

Ruckus?!! First you give Penny inside information, and then you vote against me?...dick!  ;)
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Penny Lane

Is inside information telling me basics about how this team setup works? (the bench) *what not to double up on, etc..I also don't understand how the scoring works, for example I was up against Walts this week and I won. Do you acquire points every week where you are the winner of your matchup? Or is it the most points at the end? All in all, this sh*t is fuuuuuun. If we quit today, seems like I'd get some $!  

YIM's PICKLE is sittin pretty right now.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Ruckus

QuoteRuckus?!! First you give Penny inside information, and then you vote against me?...dick!  ;)
Thanks Walts! :-*  We need a 'taking a bow' emoticon.  No inside info could have helped my suckage.  I'm likely to lose to the Boss even with Arian Foster.  Did anyone tell his mother that you shouldn't name your black child Arian?  Ehh, what do I know?
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Ruckus

QuoteIs inside information telling me basics about how this team setup works? (the bench) *what not to double up on, etc..I also don't understand how the scoring works, for example I was up against Walts this week and I won. Do you acquire points every week where you are the winner of your matchup? Or is it the most points at the end? All in all, this sh*t is fuuuuuun. If we quit today, seems like I'd get some $!  

YIM's PICKLE is sittin pretty right now.

It plays out like a real game.  After tonight's games, you will have more points than Walts.  You will be 1-0.  We play 13 weeks.  The top six teams(best record) make the fantasy playoffs which are still played during the real regular season.  If there is a tie in record, total points is the tiebreaker.  The top two teams have a bye in round 1.  3rd place plays 6th and 4th plays 5th.  Winner of the former plays 2nd place and the winner of the latter plays 1st place.  Those winners play in the championship

pawpaw

Dude, fantasy football is pretty sweet. Yahoo's got a nice setup!

Unless my last 3 guys have insane games tonight (which probably isn't going to happen with the Jets and Ravens defenses on the field), I'll end up losing this week to aMD. My team's got heart though. And hustle. You can't teach hustle.  8-)

Hawkeye

I feel the need to apologize to the league and Headdy for being such a terrible owner this week.  Between my internet problems at home and the travelling...I started 3 players who were not active.  Looks like I probably wouldn't have won anyway.  Wish I could have avoided the Autodraft and actually chose my team.  Ah well.  Time to get creative with trades I suppose.
We could.

capt. scotty

QuoteI feel the need to apologize to the league and Headdy for being such a terrible owner this week.  Between my internet problems at home and the travelling...I started 3 players who were not active.  Looks like I probably wouldn't have won anyway.  Wish I could have avoided the Autodraft and actually chose my team.  Ah well.  Time to get creative with trades I suppose.

I havent checked it today but I think Im up 40+ points with Gates still going tonight, so I dont think you shot yourself in the foot or anything by having those IDPs not play. Having less total points might come back to haunt you as a tiebreaker though. Autodraft does typically suck. I cant remember if you really got hosed or not besides those IDPs, but your team would almost certainly been there had you been able to draft.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

Quote I'm likely to lose to the Boss even with Arian Foster.  Did anyone tell his mother that you shouldn't name your black child Arian?  Ehh, what do I know?

Yeah, if it wasnt for Foster in my other league + plus playing against Kolb and Grant, no way I wouldve won this week. I forget who else you got, but losing this week with him on your roster is pretty hard!! At least you should keep your eye out for some of those Skechers Shape Ups at Payless!  ;D :D

Cant believe I sat Eli in our league for Stafford and Alex Smith in this other league. And Staffords hurt to boot! Never again, Eli!!  :-*

Ruckus

Ready....Here it comes......

So I got the Sunday ticket and two tvs going in my living room, one with red zone on.  I see Ryan Grant go down so I casually get up and go to my laptop and proceed to only pick Jackson up in the league that I most needed RBs.  Am I that fuckin lazy that I couldn't bring myself to grab him in other leagues? >:(

Yes I am.  Nice grab big D.  This one is gonna haunt my dreams  

Penny Lane

i'm pumped. I got another Buckeye and I brought up Dez Bryant. He had 8 catches but they went to him 12 times on Sun. Hammer.

Ruckus

Quotei'm pumped. I got another Buckeye and I brought up Dez Bryant. He had 8 catches but they went to him 12 times on Sun. Hammer.
Look at you talkin' 'bout targets.  Wow!  We iz fucked

Maurice Clarett, David Boston, Andy Katzenmoyer, Troy Smith, Brian Robiskie, Terry Glenn, and Aston Yourbooty are available.  Laurinitis is the best 20 yds downfield TD saving tackler in the NFL

capt. scotty

Ready....Here it comes......

So I got the Sunday ticket and two tvs going in my living room, one with red zone on.  I see Ryan Grant go down so I casually get up and go to my laptop and proceed to only pick Jackson up in the league that I most needed RBs.  Am I that fuckin lazy that I couldn't bring myself to grab him in other leagues? >:(

Yes I am.  Nice grab big D.  This one is gonna haunt my dreams  

Yeah, I was at my grandparents for the game so I didnt have a computer around me, but I certainly didnt think Grant would be out for more than a month or so, definitely not a year.

Even though that offense is Top 3 in the NFL, Im not sure what kind of numbers Jackson will be able to put up. He's obviously worth the pickup, but I think they will sorely miss Grant to the point where I wouldve picked them for the SB out of the NFC, but now you gotta favor NO and another team or 2 that might prove themselves over the year.

capt. scotty

Quotei'm pumped. I got another Buckeye and I brought up Dez Bryant. He had 8 catches but they went to him 12 times on Sun. Hammer.

Pretty easy to get 8 catches when about 5 of them are bubble screens that total 3 yards  ;)

Penny Lane

Pretty easy to get 8 catches when about 5 of them are bubble screens that total 3 yards  ;)

it's a sign of things to come...
sorta like the smell of victory for Yim's Pickle.

pawpaw

All's I know is that I've got to score some touchdowns this time. My only one last weekend was a Drew Brees passing TD, and that obviously didn't cut it.

Hawkeye! You're up homie!  >:( Hey, did you used to be known as Seamus? If so, do you still have that Firebird?

Attention Steven Jackson: If possible, please rush for 200+ yards and score a few times, but still let the Raiders win the game on Sunday. That is all. Thank you, sir.

Hawkeye

QuoteAll's I know is that I've got to score some touchdowns this time. My only one last weekend was a Drew Brees passing TD, and that obviously didn't cut it.

Hawkeye! You're up homie!  >:( Hey, did you used to be known as Seamus? If so, do you still have that Firebird?

Attention Steven Jackson: If possible, please rush for 200+ yards and score a few times, but still let the Raiders win the game on Sunday. That is all. Thank you, sir.

BBill, whazzzup!  I WAS Seamus in a past life, and yes, I do still have the Firebird...I don't think I can ever get rid of it seeing as how my recently passed grandmother helped me buy it and I spent all those hours with countless people...mostly my Dad...working on it in the garage...it means more to me than it's really worth.  This year I've driven it more than ever, seeing as how the air shocks are fixed and it's running pretty decent.  Engine still has a "ping" which worries me a lot.  Doesn't do it all the time, but something is just not quite right with the tuning.  I'm afraid it may eventually ruin a piston.  Need to find an experienced tuner to help with that, cuz no one has been able to figure it out yet.  Maybe I just need some aluminum heads that can handle the compression ratio (and give me close to 600 hp)?  Need some new tires/rims too.

Anyway, I don't want to sound like a broken record, but my internet at home seriously sucks.  I guess I need to do most of my fantasy updating at work.  The only problem is I have a heard time really focusing on it at work...LOTS of distractions here...but, no excuses.  Good luck Bbill!  I really wanted DRew Brees you lucky SOB.  I guess I got Peyton and AP, so I can't complain too much.  But I've had Brees the past few years and LOVED watching the Saints.
We could.