Fantasy Football 2010

Started by capt._headdy, Aug 08, 2010, 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taterbug

I need a little help ladies & germs.  It's gettin down to crunch time.  I can only start 2 running backs.  Your choices are Mendenhall, Chris Johnson & Mcfadden.   I just need someone else to blame if I put the wrong guy in  ;).  
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

capt. scotty

lets go Tolbert and VJax!!!!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

.Walt

Ruckus if you wrap up the regular season this week would you bench your players next week, player?
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Ruckus

QuoteRuckus if you wrap up the regular season this week would you bench your players next week, player?
If I didn't think your team was a contender sure, but I'd rather potentially face Headdy in the playoffs. ;)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

QuoteRuckus if you wrap up the regular season this week would you bench your players next week, player?
If I didn't think your team was a contender sure, but I'd rather potentially face Headdy in the playoffs. ;)

Id rather face me too...me team blows and is going downhill like an 18 wheeler in the Rockies with its brakes cut.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

.Walt

Damn it. I don't like being in a win and I'm in type of game, and I have to play the number one team to boot. I need to get my swag on.

Ruckus

QuoteDamn it. I don't like being in a win and I'm in type of game, and I have to play the number one team to boot. I need to get my swag on.
Guess who lost Gore for the season and got sniped(per usual) by Headdy for Westbrook while I was at the Delta Spirit show.  You're in good shape and I am lookin piss poor for the playoffs

pawpaw

QuoteDamn it. I don't like being in a win and I'm in type of game, and I have to play the number one team to boot. I need to get my swag on.
Guess who lost Gore for the season and got sniped(per usual) by Headdy for Westbrook while I was at the Delta Spirit show.  You're in good shape and I am lookin piss poor for the playoffs

:'( Waaahhh. Ruckus still has Philip Rivers, Arian Foster and Calvin Johnson as starters. Poor baby.  ;D

Bummer 'bout Gore though (for his sake, not yours).

I'm with you Walt, I don't like being in this spot either. Hawkeye beat me last time I played him too.

Going into the last weekend of the regular season, the 7 teams fighting for the last 4 playoff spots are:

3.  Yim's Pickle (Penny)  7-5-0
4.  Corey  7-5-0
5.  bbill  6-6-0
6.  Walt  6-6-0
7.  capt. headdy  6-6-0
8.  BigBossMan  6-6-0
9.  EazyE  6-6-0
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

.Walt

:'( Waaahhh. Ruckus still has Philip Rivers, Arian Foster and Calvin Johnson as starters. Poor baby.  ;D

Bummer 'bout Gore though (for his sake, not yours).

I'm with you Walt, I don't like being in this spot either. Hawkeye beat me last time I played him too.

Going into the last weekend of the regular season, the 7 teams fighting for the last 4 playoff spots are:

3.  Yim's Pickle (Penny)  7-5-0
4.  Corey  7-5-0
5.  bbill  6-6-0
6.  Walt  6-6-0
7.  capt. headdy  6-6-0
8.  BigBossMan  6-6-0
9.  EazyE  6-6-0

Yeah, it's getting down to wire. But Hawkeye isn't doing his roster anymore so you have an advantage, unless I PM him. Naw I won't, but I am hoping he reads this and plays the spoiler. Hawkeye read this!!

capt. scotty

He's out for the year?? With what?? Looked like something where he'd be back next week but Im desperate so I figured Id take a flier on Westy....Bout time something went my way  8-)

Ruckus

He's out for the year?? With what?? Looked like something where he'd be back next week but Im desperate so I figured Id take a flier on Westy....Bout time something went my way  8-)
Fractured hip.
Yeah it would suck if a playoff spot is determined because a manager quit.  That said, he's run out Gostkowski on IR for three weeks now so might as well be consistent. ;) :-/  

capt. scotty

Gostkowski was as good as Bironas for me last week though  >:(

Hawkeye

Sorry guys...kicker position is fixed!  I have noticed, the past 2 weeks anyway...but haven't been changing my lineup much or thinking about it until game day...lame I know.  I always tend to overlook the kicker anyway.  Honestly thought I had no chance in hell of beating Headdy anyway, with the way Peyton...well, it ain't all on Peyton...my WHOLE TEAM has been playing.  No consistency whatsoever.  Hopefully AP's good for this week and Peyton and DeSean step it up.  Vanden Bosch is gone too, he hasn't been doing anything.

I just had a feeling about Deion Branch...sorry Headdy
We could.

Hawkeye

Also I think I need to get in on this "smart phone" business...or something.  Sounds like you guys have automatic notifications when a player gets hurt or whatnot?  I have to happen to be near a computer or be able to get to one quick enough to pick up a player...good luck getting in on that before Headdy or Ruckus...one reason they're in the playoffs and I'm sittin' at home.  Missing the draft didn't help either, but that's water under the bridge.

Good luck y'all (except Bbill next week!)  ;)
We could.

capt. scotty

I seriously might do some research this afternoon and find out the last time he had a game that good, or a game over 16 fantasy points even

Ruckus

Id rather face me too...me team blows and is going downhill like an 18 wheeler in the Rockies with its brakes cut.
Ever seen the made for TV movie "Atomic Train" with Rob Lowe? ;D ;D ;D

pawpaw

QuoteSorry guys...kicker position is fixed!  I have noticed, the past 2 weeks anyway...but haven't been changing my lineup much or thinking about it until game day...lame I know.  I always tend to overlook the kicker anyway.  Honestly thought I had no chance in hell of beating Headdy anyway, with the way Peyton...well, it ain't all on Peyton...my WHOLE TEAM has been playing.  No consistency whatsoever.  Hopefully AP's good for this week and Peyton and DeSean step it up.  Vanden Bosch is gone too, he hasn't been doing anything.

Alright, who pm'd Hawkeye?! Walt??? >:(  ;D

Well, Peterson gets his MRI results back sometime soon. I don't wish the guy to be seriously hurt, all I'm saying is that it might be a good move by the Vikings to let him rest a week. Yeah...one week should do it....
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Ruckus

One of my leagues going into the final week.  I've never been a part of something like this and it's a decent money league to boot.  It killed me to lose Gore on this team.  Go team!  

.Walt

QuoteOne of my leagues going into the final week.  I've never been a part of something like this and it's a decent money league to boot.  It killed me to lose Gore on this team.  Go team!  

Damn, good luck getting in! I've noticed that Eastbound and Down team names are popular. I love how people are using them for football, and not baseball.  ;D

.Walt

QuoteSorry guys...kicker position is fixed!  I have noticed, the past 2 weeks anyway...but haven't been changing my lineup much or thinking about it until game day...lame I know.  I always tend to overlook the kicker anyway.  Honestly thought I had no chance in hell of beating Headdy anyway, with the way Peyton...well, it ain't all on Peyton...my WHOLE TEAM has been playing.  No consistency whatsoever.  Hopefully AP's good for this week and Peyton and DeSean step it up.  Vanden Bosch is gone too, he hasn't been doing anything.

Alright, who pm'd Hawkeye?! Walt??? >:(  ;D

Well, Peterson gets his MRI results back sometime soon. I don't wish the guy to be seriously hurt, all I'm saying is that it might be a good move by the Vikings to let him rest a week. Yeah...one week should do it....

Here I was going to bump the Check Your PM Box thread, but I thought that would be too obvious. Thanks Hawkeye! I need a big dub outta yah!