Glossary is playing "Evil Urges" live these days.

Started by olwiggum, Jul 13, 2008, 01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corey

Hey guys,
Glossary is going out on tour opening for Lucero for the next five weeks. Do yourself a favor and go check them out. I've seen Glossary several times over the last few years and they somehow manage to get better with every show.
My band played here in town with them last night. Lucero had a festival gig in Mississippi, so they needed a show for the night. The guys and gal were fucking incredible.... and to top it off, they did a cover of "Evil Urges" which was completely surreal. I had heard that they were playing the song, but it's completely awesome to hear them actually perform it. I don't have a link to a clip or anything, but I'm hoping one will pop up from the tour in the next few weeks.

Do yourself a favor and check them out. If you haven't heard them, you can download their newest album for free on their website.
//www.glossary.us It came out in November of last year.
And PLEASE, for the love of god, go see them live. They're one of the best live bands out there these days. Hands down.

http://www.myspace.com/glossary

MarkW

If they make it to the UK, Corey, I'll give them a go.  Liked the videos on the site - the guy reminds me of Elvis Costello, and there's some lovely pedal steel going on.

Downloading the album now, and looking forward to giving it a listen.  Anyone who tours with DBT and Lucero has GOT to be good!  :)
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

corey

It really is an awesome album. One of the best of last year.

subinai

was searching for any posts that mention glossary because i was going to make a post about how awesome they are and theeennn i came across this... which drives home the point of how awesome they are.

would love to find a video of this...

super solid band and their new album is great.

Penny Lane

I like their new album a lot. ...!
Great band. I didn't know they've been playing this, thanks!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

mahg33ta

bump for this thread.

I did exactly what Subinai did - search the forum for posts that mention glossary because I wanted to make a post about how good their latest album is.   Really really quality stuff.   This thread seems to drop off the top quickly with one post every few months or years but if you are in a new music lull and want to check something out, try Long Live all of Us.

http://www.jambands.com/reviews/cds/2011/11/29/glossary-long-live-all-of-us
http://ninebullets.net/archives/autopsy-iv%e2%80%99s-favorite-10-albums-of-2011-today

subinai

yes!!!!!! this is what i'm talking about. dying to see them again.

i think todd beene of glossary is now a full time member of lucero.

johnnYYac

Looking into this and found their website, plus a free download for their previous album Glossary – The Better Angels of Our Nature.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.