Any Producers/DJ's out there?

Started by tgmc421, Jul 15, 2008, 01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TGMC421

from Indabamusic.com:

"It's a great day to be an Indaban. Why? Because you now have a chance to A) collaborate on a Mariah Carey track, B) win $5,000 if your mix is the best and C) have Mariah Carey know who you are! That's right, guys and gals, Island/Def Jam Records has posted the individual tracks from Mariah's new single, "I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time" and we want you to take a crack at remixing them the best you can. You'll have from today until August 28th to complete your remix, at which point voting will commence and continue until September 12th. After that, the top 10 finalists from the voting period will be judged by an all-star panel consisting of Mark Sudack (co-executive producer of E=MC2), Kerri Mason (Dance Columnist, Billboard), and our very own Mantis Evar (who needs no introduction).

The grand prize package will include $5,000 cash, the winning remix posted on Mariah's official website, www.MariahCarey.com , her record label's website, www.IslandRecords.com , and MySpace page, www.MySpace.com/MariahCarey , and the winning remixer featured as Mariah's 'Top Friend' on MySpace for one month. (   :-?  )  The second prize winner will receive an MBox 2 Protools LE recording system, courtesy of the contest sponsor Sweetwater . All ten finalists will win a signed copy of E=MC².

I don't need to tell you this is a great opportunity to not only get your name out there, but to work with a tune (that is quickly climbing the charts) by the best selling female artist of all-time..  So stop reading and start remixing!  Head on over to IndabaMusic.com/MariahRemix and get to work.  Good luck! "

---------------------------------

I know, I know! I pretty much stand alone as the MC fan on the board, but that aside it's a pretty cool contest.  It's worth a shot if you are into any of this stuff.  If only I knew more about mixing!!!

You can use the mixer on their website or if you have ProTools, etc or you can rip the different files and use your program.

If any of you DO try this out, let me hear what you come up with!!  That's going to be my favorite part!

Good luck!  :D