Main Menu

The shins

Started by laylow82, Jul 21, 2008, 12:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laylow82

Anybody a fan of this band?  i think they create some of the most clever, playful and awe-inspiring songs in modern pop music.  There lyrics are uncomparable, a truly great band

red

I love Oh, Inverted World and Chutes Too Narrow, but Wincing the Night Away didn't do a thing for me.  

Penny Lane

QuoteI love Oh, Inverted World and Chutes Too Narrow, but Wincing the Night Away didn't do a thing for me.  

i agree--wincing not as good as the others---great band
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

DaFunkyPrecedent

I need to go revisit these guys....i use to spend a lot of time in Chutes Too Narrow.

Pink Bullets is Top 5 favorite Songs.  
God damn those shaky knees.

mjkoehler

Tree

Inverted World and Chutes are amazing albums. Haven't listened to Wincing yet but I know the song Phantom Limb and love it. The video for the song is great, too! But seriously....The Past and Pending is one of the greatest songs ever recorded!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SmGSKJJmhDo

DavidCrosby

...I like them a lot too, but in doses, I cant just listen to them non stop....if anyone does ever get the chance to see them be prepared for the hord of girls that will be there talking and yelling for James Mercer the entire time....
listen to vinyl

laylow82

QuoteI love Oh, Inverted World and Chutes Too Narrow, but Wincing the Night Away didn't do a thing for me.  

i agree--wincing not as good as the others---great band

I think Wincing is equal to the others. It takes time to get it but once it clicks the its magic is revealed.

Jaimoe

I like Wincing the Night Away just as much as their other albums. It's a little more experimental, but the singles are as good as any of Mercer's best.

mjkoehler

Wincing is good headphone music.

red

Hmm, maybe I better give it another chance.  

whyteand82nd

4 Fav. bands: My morning Jacket
The Shins
Modest Mouse
The Mars Volta