Main Menu

Stephen Malkmus

Started by DavidCrosby, Jul 20, 2008, 03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidCrosby

...saw him last night for free in Brooklyn and he played Two Tickets To Paradise....fucking awesome....

listen to vinyl

Penny Lane

you went to the siren fest!!?? i was going to go but coney island is such a long train ride for me lol....I LOVE stephen malkmus---all his solo albums are good---his newest one is my least favorite but still....did he play stuff from pig lib? oh man...i should have gone.

PS-is that an eddie money song?? lol
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

DavidCrosby

Quoteyou went to the siren fest!!?? i was going to go but coney island is such a long train ride for me lol....I LOVE stephen malkmus---all his solo albums are good---his newest one is my least favorite but still....did he play stuff from pig lib? oh man...i should have gone.

PS-is that an eddie money song?? lol

....yeah that is an Eddie Money song, he played one song from Pig Lib but I really cant remember what it was...I seen him before and he only played Oysters so in all the times I have seen him he has only played two songs from that record (bummer)......you should have been able to go because I came all the way from CT, free Malkmus is a reason to jack ass all the way down to Coney Island.....
listen to vinyl

Jenny

i LOOOOOOVE malkmus, but i love malkmus when he didn't really know how to play the guitar.

when his solos were just noise and stuff. the crooked rain and wowee zowee days.
now he's all fancy pantsy.

also, prefer pavement to just malkmus, but all the same.

has anyone seen those videos ofh im covering an REM song... let me find...

here. & the jicks.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4lyv6_stephen-malkmus-and-the-jicks_music

TOTAL DAD!!!!

Penny Lane

i think i love his solo stuff just as much as pavement---one of the coolest guys ever

if we weren't in a heat wave, i might have gone, also.

DavidCrosby

Quotei LOOOOOOVE malkmus, but i love malkmus when he didn't really know how to play the guitar.

when his solos were just noise and stuff. the crooked rain and wowee zowee days.

here. & the jicks.

TOTAL DAD!!!!

....thats surprising that you dont like his solo stuff but are in love with Pavement, do you like Terror Twlight????....I think he is such a good guitar player now and I love it just as much as the old stuff....he still plays those crazy loud make no sense solos sometimes though....
listen to vinyl

Crispy

"Malkmus played my song? Where's my royalties? That guy owes me money - Eddie Money!"

/did you know Eddie Money was a New York cop before his career as a cheesy rock singer?
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Jenny

Quotei LOOOOOOVE malkmus, but i love malkmus when he didn't really know how to play the guitar.

here. & the jicks.

TOTAL DAD!!!!

....thats surprising that you dont like his solo stuff but are in love with Pavement, do you like Terror Twlight????....I think he is such a good guitar player now and I love it just as much as the old stuff....he still plays those crazy loud make no sense solos sometimes though....

terror twilight's my least favorite, actually.  i don't know.
the new album just sort of... went. i think face the truth is good but, for the same reason, it just sort of chugged on. i love post paint boy. dont' get me wrong, there's a few songs i love.

pig lib is my faborite.
i dont'know i don't know, just sayin' what i'm sayin'.

red

I've always preferred Terror Twilight to Brighten the Corners, which is my least favourite--but still incredible--Pavement album.

Jenny

see i guess i like brighten the corners more because it has shady lane on it. but other than that, i guess that would be my least favorite.
ohhhhh i don't know. i just love crooked rain, slanted and wowee zowee so much.

sorid sentenials edition of wowee zowee is awesome. gangsters & pranksters is hysterical.
check it if you haven't already
http://geng.muxtape.com/

Penny Lane

Quote"Malkmus played my song? Where's my royalties? That guy owes me money - Eddie Money!"

/did you know Eddie Money was a New York cop before his career as a cheesy rock singer?

lol....eddie money was so cool in high school--did not know that crispy--interesting!

laylow82

i really like pavement but i never was a hardcore fan or anything.  i always enjoyed slanted and enchanted and crooked rain, crooked rain but i never delved into there later works as much as i should have.  Also i never heard a stephen malkmus song.  What shouldi check out?

DavidCrosby

here. & the jicks.

TOTAL DAD!!!!

terror twilight's my least favorite, actually.  i don't know.
the new album just sort of... went. i think face the truth is good but, for the same reason, it just sort of chugged on. i love post paint boy. dont' get me wrong, there's a few songs i love.

pig lib is my faborite.
i dont'know i don't know, just sayin' what i'm sayin'.

...tomato, tomato (say it different each time)...it kills me that he is someones father sometimes....
listen to vinyl

Jenny

Quotei really like pavement but i never was a hardcore fan or anything.  i always enjoyed slanted and enchanted and crooked rain, crooked rain but i never delved into there later works as much as i should have.  Also i never heard a stephen malkmus song.  What shouldi check out?

wowee zowee!

DavidCrosby

Quotei really like pavement but i never was a hardcore fan or anything.  i always enjoyed slanted and enchanted and crooked rain, crooked rain but i never delved into there later works as much as i should have.  Also i never heard a stephen malkmus song.  What shouldi check out?

wowee zowee!

...agreed, Wowee Zowee is the climax for Pavement, that record is absolutely amazing and everything good about anything...
listen to vinyl

Penny Lane

get his first (self titled) album and Pig Lib---Face the truth came out a few years ago and it's awesome, too--

whyteand82nd

Quote...saw him last night for free in Brooklyn and he played Two Tickets To Paradise....fucking awesome....

he's got nice hair. in addition to being a fucking awesome musician, of course
4 Fav. bands: My morning Jacket
The Shins
Modest Mouse
The Mars Volta