Walcott---Vampire Weekend

Started by Clarkwork, Jul 08, 2008, 11:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarkwork

I have resisted liking this band for some reason.  But I downloaded their album off of Emusic and the song Walcott is driving me insane.  I can't stop listening to it.  It will stay in your head for days!!  Anyone else like this band or listened to the full album?  It really is pretty good.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

Jon T.

I've only listened to it a couple of times, but it's a good album.  For some reason i feel guilty when i listen.   :-[

Salacious D

Definitely a guilty pleasure of mine. I've described their sound as what would happen if Wes Anderson commissioned Paul Simon to write the soundtrack for one of his movies.

Although I didn't get to *see* their show at Bonnaroo, (I was stuck working in the Cinema Tent during their set) I was able to sneak out and listen to a bit of it--sounded really tight and really fun : )
Because if there's one thing that goes well with shooting zombies it's a Dolly Parton cover-el chode

Clarkwork

QuoteDefinitely a guilty pleasure of mine. I've described their sound as what would happen if Wes Anderson commissioned Paul Simon to write the soundtrack for one of his movies.

Although I didn't get to *see* their show at Bonnaroo, (I was stuck working in the Cinema Tent during their set) I was able to sneak out and listen to a bit of it--sounded really tight and really fun : )

The Wes Anderson and Paul Simon reference is exactly right.  I had the same response when I heard the album.  
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

Dorothy_Mantooth

the super carefree side of me really loves Walcott. that song really does make me think that i want to get out of cape cod. I Stand Corrected is also a close second for me.

and you know, Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa has that Paul Simon sound that's hard to resist. makes me want to do some dancing.

unfortunately, the band didn't stick to me. after about a month of listening to the album, i put it away, perhaps for a while, if not, for good. but boy, i like the production quality on it. the general sound is lovely. i still can't explain why i'm not still listening to them. it's not because i felt  losery, because i listen to a lot of loser stuff. maybe just overs saturation? (thanks, mtv... it's either no music at all or too much of one thing)
"[Adrien Brody] is a big hip-hop fan and plans on becoming a producer. He is being mentored by RZA."

Ghosts_on_TV

I love them and I don't feel guilty about it at all. Their set at roo was awesome as well.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

coupon

whyteand82nd

I like it.
Cant wait to hear more from em
4 Fav. bands: My morning Jacket
The Shins
Modest Mouse
The Mars Volta

DavidCrosby

....I have heard the whole album and I still think it's lame.....but my friends all fucking love it though....
listen to vinyl

easy way

I love this album and am looking forwad to watching these guys grow. We'll see what happens, eh?

Who gives a fuck about an oxford comma?
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."