Dave Matthews Band Appreciation

Started by laylow82, Jul 27, 2008, 10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crispy

Not really on topic but an interesting story: I saw DMB in Oklahoma City in April '95 - one week after that asshole blew up the Murrah building. The show was supposed to be downtown but obviously had to be moved, and apparently the only place available was a shitkicker bar called In Cahoots. The place was humungous, so it could still hold the pre-frat boy DMB crowd plus all the two-steppers and line dancers who lived there on weekends. I was really there to see the opener, Big Head Todd, so I got up front early - Todd shredded like he always did, he broke a string about 5 times (and kept playing while tech restrung). DMB was outstanding, just great musicians and fun tunes - at times I was struck by the weirdness of Dave's growl. Everybody knew that song that was big on the radio at the time, but few were very familiar with the rest of the set, and the shitkickers were really annoyed with all those hippies invading their space. ;D It was a fun show in a weird time.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Ghosts_on_TV

Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

bold99

QuoteNot really on topic but an interesting story: I saw DMB in Oklahoma City in April '95 - one week after that asshole blew up the Murrah building. The show was supposed to be downtown but obviously had to be moved, and apparently the only place available was a shitkicker bar called In Cahoots. The place was humungous, so it could still hold the pre-frat boy DMB crowd plus all the two-steppers and line dancers who lived there on weekends. I was really there to see the opener, Big Head Todd, so I got up front early - Todd shredded like he always did, he broke a string about 5 times (and kept playing while tech restrung). DMB was outstanding, just great musicians and fun tunes - at times I was struck by the weirdness of Dave's growl. Everybody knew that song that was big on the radio at the time, but few were very familiar with the rest of the set, and the shitkickers were really annoyed with all those hippies invading their space. ;D It was a fun show in a weird time.

that is interesting.  I saw a HORDE show back in the day..like 93' or something and DMB played and then Big Head Todd played...I remember nothing about DMB but I remember BHT were awesome...that guy does shred.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

geekfreak

well to be honest I`m in the never heard  there music, even after reading some great reviews on a few albums but I`m not in the bands radar so, which album would you say was there best to start with... :thumbsup:
welcome to the cosmos of peace, love and ????

ffghtrs

Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?