Main Menu

Chris Cornell

Started by dragonboy, Oct 23, 2006, 08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

http://meanether.blogspot.com/

Thought this show deserved it's own thread. Sounds like time (drugs?) have worn Chris's voice a little but he still sounds great IMO.
I've not downloaded the whole thing yet but the 2 Temple Of The Dog tracks are def worth having if nothing else.

Doesn't Remind Me
Like A Stone
Wide Awake
Fell On Black Days (Soundgarden)
Be Yourself
Billie Jean (Michael Jackson)
Original Fire
Redemption Song (Bob Marley)
(What's So Funny 'bout) Peace, Love and Understanding? (Elvis Costello)
All Night Thing (Temple of the Dog)
Black Hole Sun (Soundgarden)
Call Me A Dog (Temple of the Dog)
Thank You (Led Zeppelin)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

BH

Nice db!  Jackpot.  I still havn't got around to getting the new Audioslave yet.  Anyone have it?  The last one I thought was fantastic.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ManNamedTruth

QuoteNice db!  Jackpot.  I still havn't got around to getting the new Audioslave yet.  Anyone have it?  The last one I thought was fantastic.

I thought it sucked. Should i give it another chance?
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

dragonboy

Yer I thought the 1st Audioslave was OK, didn't like the 2nd & aren't going to bother with the new one.
Listening to this show I wish Chris would go out on his own & make another solo record. I love...what's it called? Morning Euphoria or something...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

BH

Oh wow, you guys really didn't like the 2 nd one?  Hmmmmm.....I don't listen to as much heavy stuff as I used to but I love that CD.  The halloween season has forced me to give the new Tool another try too and it sounds pretty good the next time around...
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

dragonboy

QuoteThe halloween season has forced me to give the new Tool another try too and it sounds pretty good the next time around...
I'm really not feeling that one.
So far the new Tool & Pearl Jam's 'Avacodo' (funnily enough both released on the same day) are my
2 biggest disappointments of the year.

BH

I finally burned this a listened all the way thru.  It is really really good.  You should download the whole thing but at least do yourself a favor and check out the Billie Jean, Thank You and All Night Thing.

Mr. T.

I've only downloaded "Black Hole Sun".

:o
We are young despite the years,
we are concern,
we are hope despite the times

BH

QuoteI've only downloaded "Black Hole Sun".

:o

So I am assuming that convinvced you to go get the rest I hope?

Mr. T.

So I am assuming that convinvced you to go get the rest I hope?

I'm working on it... :)
We are young despite the years,
we are concern,
we are hope despite the times

ManNamedTruth

I'm really not feeling that one.
So far the new Tool & Pearl Jam's 'Avacodo' (funnily enough both released on the same day) are my
2 biggest disappointments of the year.

I like 10,000 Days a lot. J5's Feedback is my official biggest dissapointment of this year. Where's Cut Chemist? No obscure  instrument and sound samples which was one of my favorite things about J5.

dragonboy

QuoteI like 10,000 Days a lot. J5's Feedback is my official biggest dissapointment of this year. Where's Cut Chemist? No obscure  instrument and sound samples which was one of my favorite things about J5.
No kidding? Me too, I sold my copy in disgust.
Like you said, hands down biggest disappointment of the year.
So you like Hip-Hop? Do you have Game Theory? Could well be my album of the year.  

ManNamedTruth

No kidding? Me too, I sold my copy in disgust.
Like you said, hands down biggest disappointment of the year.
So you like Hip-Hop? Do you have Game Theory? Could well be my album of the year.  

Yes I love hip hop, very picky about it though. The Game Theory is good, better than The Tipping Point. Common's Be is my favorite latest hip hop album though it was from last year. Blackalicious is probably my favorite hip hop group now that J5 has gone down a few with Feedback. Do you know why Cut Chemist left the group?
I just recently found out Blackalicious is coming to Pittsburgh friday. So I'm gonna miss it cause I didn't know about it in time to get off for work. I reccomend the album Nia if you haven't heard it already.

dragonboy

Not sure about Cut Chemist, he had been doing a lot of touring with DJ Shadow (Brainfreeze) & I guess he felt he could make more money by himself?
He was in Japan last month, I thought about going but his solo album did nothing for me, it's not bad but it's not that good either.
Blackalicious are great, I have Nia & Blazing Arrows, don't have the new one yet. Have you seen Scratch? The way Z-Trip cuts up Alphabet Aerobics is amazing.
I love Common, I saw him live a couple of years ago & actually shared the stage with him to battle-rap another guy from the crowd. I met him afterwards & he was so stoned  ;D

ManNamedTruth

QuoteNot sure about Cut Chemist, he had been doing a lot of touring with DJ Shadow (Brainfreeze) & I guess he felt he could make more money by himself?
He was in Japan last month, I thought about going but his solo album did nothing for me, it's not bad but it's not that good either.
Blackalicious are great, I have Nia & Blazing Arrows, don't have the new one yet. Have you seen Scratch? The way Z-Trip cuts up Alphabet Aerobics is amazing.
I love Common, I saw him live a couple of years ago & actually shared the stage with him to battle-rap another guy from the crowd. I met him afterwards & he was so stoned  ;D
The Craft is pretty good, not as good as Nia and Blazing arrow. It's missing just a little something that the first two do to you. I'm not sure what that thing is but its not on every track. I can't find my fucking Black Star cd which bugs me, I think my nephew has been stealing random posessions.

dragonboy

QuoteI can't find my fucking Black Star cd which bugs me, I think my nephew has been stealing random posessions.
At least he has good taste in music  ;)

ManNamedTruth

At least he has good taste in music  ;)

No he doesn't: Good Charlotte, Paul Wall. I don't really know what else he listens to.

dragonboy

http://meanether.blogspot.com/
Chris Cornell - Sunshower

"This stunning song penned by Chris Cornell appears on the soundtrack to the film Great Expectations, starring Ethan Hawke and Gwenneth Paltrow. Cornell performed it live while touring on his first solo album, 2000's Euphoria Morning."

dragonboy

Anyone else heard the new track (No Such Thing) from Chris's 2nd solo album on his myspace page?
http://www.myspace.com/chriscornell

After Audioshit I was hoping for something a little quieter, more retrospective.
Not a bad song but not that good either  :-/

Any thoughts?

BH

QuoteAnyone else heard the new track (No Such Thing) from Chris's 2nd solo album on his myspace page?
http://www.myspace.com/chriscornell

After Audioshit I was hoping for something a little quieter, more retrospective.
Not a bad song but not that good either  :-/

Any thoughts?

Yeah, Audio "The Shit"    ;)