Talkin' Bout Neil Young.....

Started by searchinbig, Sep 12, 2008, 12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. White

Thanks for posting this, oistheone! I hadn't checked Neil's site recently and didn't know about it.
Neil Young & Crazy Horse: Walk Like A Giant (Official Video)
I like this a lot! I sure hope the rest of the album rocks!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Mr. White

oistheone

Saw Neil and the Horse last night in London. I urge everyone reading this to go out and get tickets to this "Alchemy" tour. I forgot just how hilarious Poncho is on stage. No one has more fun than him, and it really elevates Neil's playing to a whole new level. There was nothing but good vibes and smiles on stage right from the beginning. But "Fuckin' Up" really took it to another level. Poncho was yelling at all the "motherfuckers" in the audience to "go get fucked" while Neil was all smiles as he shredded his fingers off -- really drove home the point that no band is more ROCK AND MOTHERFUCKING ROLL than Neil and the Horse.

The new tunes were great as well. On "Ramada Inn", Neil was using some far-out octave technique of playing that sounded unlike any guitar work I've ever heard from him. Neil's playing was sublime all night but this was the song that just took me to another place entirely. Made me swallow a psychedelic pill, indeed. Can't wait for the album!

lucylew

Nice!!!! Thanks for sharing!
:beer:

wolof7

Shit man I can get behind this music all day. Lovin the return of the Horse. Can't wait for Psychadelic Pill!  :beer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8qkDQ_QP8A&feature=player_embedded#!
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

oistheone

I'm right with ya man, I think "Ramada Inn" is the best song Neil's put out in a long time. Seeing Neil and the Horse live over the weekend just blew me away and sent me into a fullblown nothin-but-Neil phase. It's been years since I had one of these.

His book is so damn hard to put down. I can safely say I've never read anything like it. Completely scattershot and full of rambling, but still quite entertaining.

Think I'll watch "Year of the Horse" tonight. It is a great film worth tracking down for others in a huge Horse phase right now!

ralph

One week to go! Fuck I'm excited...
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

ralph

Probably the greatest thing I've ever witnessed...

Mr. White

This new video came out last week. The new album, Psychedelic Pill, comes out next Tuesday, Oct. 30, 2012.

Here is Twisted Road.

Neil Young with Crazy Horse: Twisted Road (Official Video)

ralph

MrWhippy

Agreed, Ralph.  The new album is pretty great. 

I particularly love Ramada Inn.  That song reminds me of some of the Le Noise songs in that it feels like something he could have only written with the perspective and wisdom of an old man.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

oistheone

I could not agree more about the love for Ramada Inn. The first time I heard it was in concert and it BLEW MY MIND. Neil's solos in this song are just out of this world. He's STILL trying new techniques on guitar after all these years. And Poncho's rhythm riffs that he starts churnin' out about half way through the song are not to be forgotten. Moving stuff.

I am just so happy to see the Horse not only together again, but ROCKIN like it was 1976! Just wish it wasn't such a long wait for the Blu-ray/vinyl. I wanna crank this sucker loud -- in high fidelity! (I guess Neil's sound quality rants in his book are getting to me)

ralph

Ramada Inn acoustic at Bridge was fucking stunning. In fact that whole Bridge Set was just amazing.

I'm loving She's Always Dancing a lot too. That'll be great live if they decide to play it.

Mr. White

Mr. White

Mr. White

bold992006

This album is so good...classic Crazy Horse.

Tracy 2112

FINALLY got to see Neil and Crazy Horse in Tuscaloosa last week. After all these years I kept missing him, or too much $$$, but this time the timing was right PLUS with Crazy Horse, so willing to drop the extra $$$. Got about 15 rows back, dead center. Did not disappoint on any level. I purposely did not read reviews so the set list would surprise me and when they laid into Powderfinger song 2, I knew I had chosen correctly (actually knew that 2 chords into the opener Love and Only Love). Totally blown away by Walk Like a Giant especially the 5 minute ending; one of my all time favorite concert moments of all time. I could listen to them do that for hours. The show was simply spectacular with the stage hands as scientists and construction workers to Pancho and Neil cuttin' up. Blew my mind. And, for the first time ever had the vision of Pancho basically being the holder of the kite string and Neil being the kite during those long journeys on Old Black. Loved their energy and how they weren't just going through the motions. I could go on and on...

we rushed the rail during the encore; no sweat as 75% of the crowd was 50 plus!

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

can't stop listening to broken arrow lately for some reason.

pawpaw

I agree about the new album AND Ramada Inn. The album's good, and that song is outstanding.

Glad you got to the show Tracy.  :beer:

Was rockin' out to this one the other day:

Neil Young - Bite The Bullet
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."