Talkin' Bout Neil Young.....

Started by searchinbig, Sep 12, 2008, 12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrWhippy

Quote from: Tired Eyes on May 20, 2013, 06:45 PM
Neil Young & Crazy Horse will be playing the Interlocken Festival in Arrington, VA this September.  More info is available at the link below.

http://www.interlockenfestival.com

Thanks Bill.  This is tempting as for me this will probably be the local Neil show, though none of the other acts thus far are a draw for me.

Have you heard anything about other Neil US dates this fall?
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

manonthemoon

Thanks for the heads up Bill, depending on when this is I might be up for it. The only one of the others that I like is SCI so would like to see if there are any others on the bill that I want to see before making a commentment.
Alive or Just Breathing

oistheone

More American dates in the fall are virtually guaranteed -- well, as guaranteed as anything can be in Neil's world. A few weeks ago, Ticketmaster posted a show for September 3rd in Detroit at the Fox, but took it down after about a week. With Interlocken falling right in that timeframe, it would seem logical that a handful of dates would also be sprinkled in. Hopefully theatre shows! I am very tempted to hit up Interlocken, even though like most of you I have NO interest in any of the other bands, but I will wait and see these other Neil dates before pulling the trigger. Regardless of what other dates Neil adds, this Interlocken does sound like a pretty damn cool fest.

e_wind

Im glad someone brought up the interlocken festival. A first year festival with NYACH and Further and The Black Crowes..... I'm more excited for this than any other musical event I have lined up this year. wooooo. Can't wait to see the rest of the line up. I've been hearing rumors of WSP (snore)
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

MrWhippy

One concern about the Interlocken thing, after the experience some of had in Atlanta in April, I'm pretty reluctant to cross paths with the Zac Brown Band and their atrocious fan base ever again.

robb

Quote from: oistheone on Apr 29, 2013, 07:45 PM
Just when I thought I had spent all the money I possibly could on concert tickets for this summer, I see that Neil and the boys will indeed swing back 'round these parts in the fall. A September date in Detroit has just popped up on Ticketmaster -- with a VIP Meet and Greet option, no less. Weird!

I'll starve myself for weeks before I miss another chance at seeing Neil and the Horse. Here's hoping a full tour is announced soon!

holy shit, detroit for real?!
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

e_wind

Quote from: MrWhippy on May 21, 2013, 05:15 AM
One concern about the Interlocken thing, after the experience some of had in Atlanta in April, I'm pretty reluctant to cross paths with the Zac Brown Band and their atrocious fan base ever again.

i totally feel that, but with the rest of the line up containing SCI, Further and (possibly) WSP, I really dont see this line up being something that many ZBB fans will spend a ton of money on. Plus, its Zac Brown of the ZBB, not the ZBB

plus, for me personally, there is nothing better than a camping festival. especially one not in the middle of hottest month of the year.

oistheone

Don't know if I should just start an Interlocken thread, but just got announced that WSP got added (GASP!), but they are playing one full set with John Fogerty, so that's pretty cool! Looks like a lot of the bands will be playing multiple sets, and Neil and the Horse will play an "extended set", whatever that means. If they are actually locked in for a three-hour set, fuck my finances, I'm going!

MrWhippy

Quote from: oistheone on May 21, 2013, 05:01 PM
Don't know if I should just start an Interlocken thread, but just got announced that WSP got added (GASP!), but they are playing one full set with John Fogerty, so that's pretty cool! Looks like a lot of the bands will be playing multiple sets, and Neil and the Horse will play an "extended set", whatever that means. If they are actually locked in for a three-hour set, fuck my finances, I'm going!

Did you actually see this in writing somewhere about Neil playing an extended set?  If so, can you point me to it? 

I'm with you that if this means we get something like that Melbourne show I'm going to this for sure.

oistheone

I saw this "extended set" nugget on Relix, in this article:

http://www.relix.com/news/2013/05/21/interlocken-adds-widespread-panic-and-john-fogerty-furthur-to-play-workingman-s-dead

However, I'd hardly take Relix as gospel. This extended set mention is nowhere to be found on any other Interlocken press releases.

oistheone

Just got announced today that Neil & the Horse will be headlining Harvest Picnic -- a one day festival about an hour west of Toronto. I'm very tempted to pull the trigger on tickets, but I'll wait for the inevitable tour announcement. With this show (on August 31st), plus Interlocken the following weekend, the previously-leaked Detroit date on September 3rd makes a lot of sense. And as fun as these festival dates would be, it'd be hard to top an intimate evening with the Horse at the Fox!

e_wind

Quote from: oistheone on May 22, 2013, 11:45 AM
I saw this "extended set" nugget on Relix, in this article:

http://www.relix.com/news/2013/05/21/interlocken-adds-widespread-panic-and-john-fogerty-furthur-to-play-workingman-s-dead

However, I'd hardly take Relix as gospel. This extended set mention is nowhere to be found on any other Interlocken press releases.

Well relix is a partner in throwing the festival, so I'd believe it.

robb

Quote from: oistheone on May 28, 2013, 01:56 PM
Just got announced today that Neil & the Horse will be headlining Harvest Picnic -- a one day festival about an hour west of Toronto. I'm very tempted to pull the trigger on tickets, but I'll wait for the inevitable tour announcement. With this show (on August 31st), plus Interlocken the following weekend, the previously-leaked Detroit date on September 3rd makes a lot of sense. And as fun as these festival dates would be, it'd be hard to top an intimate evening with the Horse at the Fox!

I just want to see the announcement official, so I can stop worrying about if it'll happen or not.  I saw Neil solo at the Fox in 2011, and it was awesome, I can't imagine what Crazy Horse would do to that place.

Jaimoe

Quote from: robb on May 28, 2013, 02:55 PM
Quote from: oistheone on May 28, 2013, 01:56 PM

I just want to see the announcement official, so I can stop worrying about if it'll happen or not.  I saw Neil solo at the Fox in 2011, and it was awesome, I can't imagine what Crazy Horse would do to that place.

It's a go:

http://www.harvestpicnic.ca/

I know the area very well. My wife grew up in a town nearby. The conservation area is just north of the blue collar city of Hamiton. If anyone needs advice on what to do and where to stay, let me know. There's nothing close by for lodgings, but you can camp there. The towns in the surrounding area are nice, even Hamilton has good parts.

Tired Eyes

Neil Young & Crazy Horse will play the Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, NY on September 2.  Patti Smith and her Band will open the show.

Tickets go on sale this Friday at noon Eastern time.

oistheone

This show has potential to be one of the most special Neil gigs in years. The Capitol is such a gem of a theater.

But oiiii, it's gonna cost ya! I am determined to hit up one last Horse show this fall -- deciding between the Cap show or one in Ontario. The Cap trip will cost three times as much, but has the chance to be much more than three times as special. However, I wonder if Neil will stick to the (mostly) static setlists he's been rocking this tour? If it were guaranteed he'd play shows like he did on the "Down Under" leg, I'd be in for the Cap at double the price! But as for now, I've got some deep thinkin' to do...

Anyone here hitting up the Cap show for sure???

MrWhippy

Quote from: oistheone on Jun 25, 2013, 05:59 PM

I'd say I'm pretty likely for the Cap show, but I want to see the full tour dates to decide for sure.  If he also plays a decent venue in Philly (such as the Tower Th.) I could see doing that instead as it's much less of a trek for me than getting to the Cap.

Tired Eyes

Quote from: oistheone on Jun 25, 2013, 05:59 PM

I am if I can get a ticket on Friday.  I'm hoping to get a GA standing ticket.  This venue is one of my favorites in the country and is less than an hour's drive from me.  If I get a GA standing ticket, I will absolutely be on the rail for this show.

oistheone

Welp, there's an impulse purchase for ya...

IN for Neil at the Cap! Woo!

However, just thinkin' here... Neil is playing at the Cap on the 2nd, and in Ottawa on the 4th. That leaked Ticketmaster date was for September 3rd in Detroit, and Neil has not played three nights in a row in a long time. Never on this current Crazy Horse tour. Maybe the Fox date fell through? I'm sure we'll find out soon, but something to think about...

robb

Quote from: oistheone on Jun 26, 2013, 10:04 AM
Welp, there's an impulse purchase for ya...

IN for Neil at the Cap! Woo!

However, just thinkin' here... Neil is playing at the Cap on the 2nd, and in Ottawa on the 4th. That leaked Ticketmaster date was for September 3rd in Detroit, and Neil has not played three nights in a row in a long time. Never on this current Crazy Horse tour. Maybe the Fox date fell through? I'm sure we'll find out soon, but something to think about...

don't say that! :(