Talkin' Bout Neil Young.....

Started by searchinbig, Sep 12, 2008, 12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrWhippy

Quote from: robb on Jun 26, 2013, 01:13 PM
don't say that! :(

I feel for you, Robb.  Maybe he will fit the Detroit show in on another date.  Seems hard to think he would scrap a city he was planning on coming to.  He also has a history with the Fox Th., and was probably pretty psyched to play there again.

If tickets for the Cap go onsale Friday, I'm very surprised we don't know the whole tour schedule yet. 
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

oistheone

I'm very sorry to even speculate so negatively robb! You never know!

I still expect a small tour, and I imagine they are releasing these dates one at a time for legal reasons. First Interlocken, probably because they are paying the most cash and want an exclusivity window. Then the two shows in Ontario, which were announced about a week apart. Then this Cap show, the first theatre show of the tour, and one perhaps the Cap wanted an exclusivity window on to drum up hype -- it worked on me, I'm thinking this show is a big deal when it could just be another theatre show in a run full of them!

When it comes down to it though, this is Neil we're talking about. No one really knows what is going on with this tour itinerary -- nor will we, at least until he steps on the stage. 

oistheone

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/q-a-crazy-horse-bassist-billy-talbot-on-neil-young-new-solo-album-20130723

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but according to this interview, it looks like the Horse will be put out to pasture after the dates that are currently scheduled. I really hope they keep "Sedan Delivery" and "Surfer Joe and Moe the Sleaze" in the setlists for their only North American dates.

Who knows where Neil goes after this, but it looks like these select North American dates in the fall are not to be missed...

Tired Eyes

Quote from: oistheone on Jul 24, 2013, 12:14 AM
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/q-a-crazy-horse-bassist-billy-talbot-on-neil-young-new-solo-album-20130723

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but according to this interview, it looks like the Horse will be put out to pasture after the dates that are currently scheduled. I really hope they keep "Sedan Delivery" and "Surfer Joe and Moe the Sleaze" in the setlists for their only North American dates.

Who knows where Neil goes after this, but it looks like these select North American dates in the fall are not to be missed...

Where does it say that these are the last ever shows that Neil will do with CH?  It says that Billy doesn't know.  Which is what members of CH (and all of Neil's other bands) always say.  I don't think they're playing it close to the vest btw...I think Neil doesn't promise his bands anything as far as the next album/tour. 

oistheone

I didn't say that the article said these were the last EVER shows with Neil & the Horse! Billy simply says that he believes the tour will be done after those dates in September. He "hopes" there will be a next time after that but he says "I don't know... I really don't know." When September comes, they will have been riding this tour for over a year, which is an eternity in Neil's world. Like you said, NO ONE knows when it comes to Neil, but it doesn't exactly sound promising.

I feel like the best approach to seeing Neil shows is to take every opportunity you can while it's being offered, because you never know when it'll all end.

Tired Eyes

Quote from: oistheone on Jul 24, 2013, 04:44 PM
I feel like the best approach to seeing Neil shows is to take every opportunity you can while it's being offered, because you never know when it'll all end.

I agree completely with this statement.
I just tried to think of when Neil has toured 3 consecutive years with Crazy Horse and I couldn't think of any time in his career when that has happened.  So I wouldn't expect any Neil & CH shows in 2014.  Though it is Neil and he could surprise us!

Tired Eyes

The Bridge School Benefit will be held on October 26-27.
For the first time since 1998, I will miss the BSB this year.
:cry:

Tired Eyes

oistheone

Huge bummer about the canceled dates. Selfishly, I really hope Poncho's hand heals in time for the fall dates. But I have my doubts...

I'm hoping this time off doesn't cause Neil's mind to wander and ditch the Horse altogether. Everybody knows Neil doesn't like to sit around...

walterfredo

I'm hearing they've cancelled interlocken fest, imagine the whole tour will be cancelled too.

FiddleCastro

QuoteBad news, Neil Young fans: Crazy Horse pianist Poncho Sampredo has injured his hand and will need extra time to heal up, forcing the cancellation of some of their upcoming tour dates, including September 2 show at Port Chester's Capitol Theatre. The full list of canceled shows:
8/31 Dundas, ON - Greenbelt Harvest Picnic
9/02 Port Chester, NY - Capitol Theatre
9/04 Ottawa, ON - Ottawa Folk Festival
9/07 Arrington, VA - Interlocken Music Festival
For now, Farm Aid at Saratoga Springs on September 21 is still on. Official word from the band: "We are sorry for any inconvenience this causes to our fans or the Festivals where we were scheduled to appear. As you must be, we too are disappointed at this unfortunate turn of events."
We wish Poncho a speedy recovery.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2013/08/neil_young_craz_6.html

:(
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

itrainmonkeys

Quote from: FiddleCastro on Aug 19, 2013, 03:36 PM
QuoteBad news, Neil Young fans: Crazy Horse pianist Poncho Sampredo has injured his hand and will need extra time to heal up, forcing the cancellation of some of their upcoming tour dates, including September 2 show at Port Chester's Capitol Theatre. The full list of canceled shows:
8/31 Dundas, ON - Greenbelt Harvest Picnic
9/02 Port Chester, NY - Capitol Theatre
9/04 Ottawa, ON - Ottawa Folk Festival
9/07 Arrington, VA - Interlocken Music Festival
For now, Farm Aid at Saratoga Springs on September 21 is still on. Official word from the band: "We are sorry for any inconvenience this causes to our fans or the Festivals where we were scheduled to appear. As you must be, we too are disappointed at this unfortunate turn of events."
We wish Poncho a speedy recovery.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2013/08/neil_young_craz_6.html

:(

This stings even more because I was expecting them to play these even though they canceled the European dates.

Figures I convince myself to spend the money on floor seats and this happens. Hope he heals up well......so disappointed this was cancelled.

Tired Eyes

This sucks.  I wish Neil had gotten Nils Lofgren or Ian McNabb to substitute for Poncho for these shows. 
Farm Aid should have Neil whether or not CH is ready.  He has played FA solo many times.

oistheone

Well, this sucks. What a bummer.

bigloop

Wouldn't have pulled the trigger on Interlocken without the Horse.  Huge disappointment.

oistheone

Looks like Neil is doing a four-night run at Carnegie Hall in early January. No word about what kind of evening it will be, but I assume it's just Neil solo. (In my dreams, Neil hired the Jacket as his backing band after the massive success of the Bridge collaborations, and I'm front row at every show.)

Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry tempted to hit this up.

subinai

Quote from: oistheone on Oct 31, 2013, 12:17 PM
Looks like Neil is doing a four-night run at Carnegie Hall in early January. No word about what kind of evening it will be, but I assume it's just Neil solo. (In my dreams, Neil hired the Jacket as his backing band after the massive success of the Bridge collaborations, and I'm front row at every show.)

Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry tempted to hit this up.

yeah same. curious of to see how expensive this is going to be

oistheone

The debate I always have with these multi-night runs is which night to go to. I already know that all four nights are out of my price range, but one and mayyyybe even two would definitely be feasible. It'd be cool to see the first night because of the surprise factor. But sometimes the energy goes up as the run goes on!

MrWhippy

Quote from: subinai on Oct 31, 2013, 02:43 PM

If previous Neil shows at smaller theaters are any indication, the answer is VERY FUCKING EXPENSIVE.

Glad this info was here, it was the first I've seen it.  I'll likely try and catch the final two nights.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

GO4IT

Quote from: MrWhippy on Oct 31, 2013, 06:17 PM
Quote from: subinai on Oct 31, 2013, 02:43 PM

If previous Neil shows at smaller theaters are any indication, the answer is VERY FUCKING EXPENSIVE.

Glad this info was here, it was the first I've seen it.  I'll likely try and catch the final two nights.
I would be totally up for this.
Last time I was there was my graduation from HS.