Talkin' Bout Neil Young.....

Started by searchinbig, Sep 12, 2008, 12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

subinai

got 2 tix through the presale. cheapest price point was $50. not too bad!

MrWhippy

Got a pair for the Thursday night show in the presale, went for the $200 orchestra option.  Yes, I'm a Neil Young whore.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

subinai

Quote from: MrWhippy on Nov 01, 2013, 10:09 AM
Got a pair for the Thursday night show in the presale, went for the $200 orchestra option.  Yes, I'm a Neil Young whore.

same night! woooooo! i've never seen Neil before. pretty stoked!

MMPJ6306

if anyone has the carnegie hall presale code and wouldn't mind sharing I WOULD LITERALLY LOVE YOU FOREVER
6/3/06, 10/22/10, 6/7/11 12/14, 7/28/12 8/17 12/27 12/28, 7/26/13 10/12, 7/31/15 11/27, 4/29/16

MrWhippy

Quote from: MMPJ6306 on Nov 01, 2013, 11:11 AM
if anyone has the carnegie hall presale code and wouldn't mind sharing I WOULD LITERALLY LOVE YOU FOREVER

The Presale was here, no code needed, but I think it is over now.  Possibly worth still checking on occasion to see if tix pop back up.

http://tix.concertmaps.com/neilyoung/

General onsale is Monday.  The presale allotment was probably very small.

MMPJ6306

Yeah, thanks. I tried for those but there's also some Live Nation presale going on right now.

http://www.carnegiehall.org/Calendar/2014/1/9/0800/PM/Neil-Young/
6/3/06, 10/22/10, 6/7/11 12/14, 7/28/12 8/17 12/27 12/28, 7/26/13 10/12, 7/31/15 11/27, 4/29/16

GO4IT

Quote from: MrWhippy on Nov 01, 2013, 10:09 AM
Another whore here, driven to new heights by the collaborations of the past weekend.

Scored first row balcony, last two seats on the right (where it curves around) for Friday night.

So, if Neil asked Jim to join him, would he come to Carnegie Hall?
As we say around here, that's a clown question, bro.

So, now all we have to do is get Neil to ask.

Mr. White

I just found out about Neil's new (old) recording coming out next week. He is releasing another Archives album. It is from 1970, Live at the Cellar Door and is streaming on rollingstone.com right now! It sounds wonderful!

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/neil-young-goes-solo-on-live-at-the-cellar-door-album-premiere-20131202#ixzz2mKMhbPpA
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Mr. White

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

oistheone

The sample track I heard from that Cellar Door album is pretty intriguing -- the piano version of Cinnamon Girl. Sounds like the audio quality on this release is going to be top notch. Neil's voice sounded amazing, can't wait to spin it.

I do wish that some Archives Vol. II-era albums would start to trickle out, but it's Neil, so I'll take whatever I can get.

I'm also pretty excited about the news that apparently Neil recorded an album of covers at Third Man. Any Neil/Jack interaction intrigues me greatly, even if all Jack did was unlock the door to let Neil into the building.

weeniebeenie

I love the archive albums. The more the better.
How loud can silence get?

oistheone

Torn on whether to grab tickets for this latest batch of shows. Neil at Massey Hall is always special, but $250 a pop right before Christmas is pretty steep. Hmmmmm....

GO4IT

So who is seeing Neil this week?  Ms GO4IT and I will be there for the final show on Friday.

oistheone

Good lord, the setlist from the first Carnegie show is perfect!

A few days ago I convinced myself that I could not miss a show in this small batch of dates, so I purchased a suspiciously under-priced ticket to the Massey Hall show on StubHub. Fingers crossed...

MrWhippy

Quote from: oistheone on Jan 06, 2014, 10:30 PM
Good lord, the setlist from the first Carnegie show is perfect!

Good to know!  I am trying to avoid hearing any specifics about the setlists before seeing the show on Thursday, so thanks for your spoiler-free account. 

bartel

holy cow.. that set last night was amazing.... wish I could go this week  :angry:

oistheone

WARNING: I'M SURE NO ONE CARES BUT...

I received the ticket I bought off StubHub for the sold out Massey Hall show, and it turns out it's not only an amazing seat with no obstructions, but the face value of the ticket is $70 more than what I paid! I just don't understand why someone would sell a ticket to a sold out show below face value, so I'm understandably quite apprehensive that this might be a canceled ticket or something. Worst case scenario I'll get a refund, but there's nothing worse than crashing from a pre-concert high (both literal and figurative) when your tickets won't get you in the door. Please keep me in your prayers.

Murph

Is it a paper print out ticket?  I've heard stories of people buying a ticket from Stubhub and getting denied once the ticket was scanned because that ticket had already been scanned.  Basically meaning that whoever sold them it just made a copy of their ticket and made sure to get there first.  Ya know what I mean? 

oistheone

Know exactly what ya mean! That's what I'm fearing. It's a "hard" ticket printed from the box office, but I figure the sellers ol' "call Ticketmaster and report the ticket as lost and get a new ticket" scam is still in play here.

On another note, how awesome is it that Neil just busts out an awesome show seemingly out of nowhere? Neil's made a career of defying expectations, and fans walked in last night having NO idea what to expect. He didn't have an album to promote. He's been toying with covers. And what does he play? Pretty much what "fans" have been asking for for forty years -- just Neil on stage, playing hits for over two hours. Even when giving the crowd "what they want", he still manages to surprise. Gotta love Neil.

GO4IT

So who's going to the last show tomorrow?

Spinning After the Gold Rush vinyl now, the copy I bought in 1972, getting ready for the trek up north tomorrow.  From all reports I've heard this week, sounds like it's going to be quite a night.