Top 5 Built To Spill Songs?

Started by sweatboard, Apr 08, 2007, 11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

tbone

QuoteLet's here it.

there's sooo many... but if i had to pick 5 in no particular order:

-kicked it in the sun (especially from 4:20 on...)
-time trap
-carry the zero
-car
-the plan (actually ALL of KILAS)

honorable mention:  the weather (especially from 2:30 on...)

ManNamedTruth

I only have 2 albums-only cause i have a hard time finding them
My favorite song: Mess with time
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ycartrob

Today:

Untrustable/Part 2 (since seeing them do this live, might be my all-time favorite)
Stop the Show
Carry the Zero
Temporarily Blind
Distopian Dream Girl

colleen

I love so many of their songs, but on You in Reverse, I listen most to Conventional Wisdom and Liar.
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

Dee.

My top 5:

Else
Distopian Dream Girl
Untrustable/Part 2
Big Dipper
Randy Described Eternity

JohnnyRage

Sadly I know only one Built to Spill song...

1) Joyride
2) Joyride
3) Joyride
4) Joyride

5) Joyride
[size=13]Be Right Here Forever...Go Through This Thing Together...And On Heaven's Golden Shores We'll Lay Our Heads[/size][/i]

corey

My band played with a band called the Golden Gears this weekend. They're from Nashville, so some of you guys should go check them out soon. I noticed that their Myspace pages says , in the Sounds Like section, "Built to Skynyrd". I thought that was clever. I think you guys would dig them.

http://www.myspace.com/thegoldengears

They put on a good show. We're gonna try to get up there and play with them soon.

Hawkeye

Never heard them.  Where should I start?
We could.

ManNamedTruth

QuoteNever heard them.  Where should I start?
This was just brought up in the "How To Buy" thread. I've gotten a few more of their albums since this thread was created and i can safely say that all their albums are great. Its hard so say where to start, i told DB that Keep It Like A Secret might be the way to go. I think a lot of people would say There's Nothing Wrong With Love is their best one, but it lacks the richly layered sounds of their later albums. Ancient Melodies Of The Future and You In Reverse are really good and seem to be underrated. The only ones I would stay away from for a first purchase is Ultimate Alternative Wavers and Perfect From Now On. I've only heard a few songs from Ultimate... and the songs from Perfect.... are pretty lengthy and complex and takes awhile to get into.

ycartrob

QuoteNever heard them.  Where should I start?

I'd start with Keep It Like A Secret

ManNamedTruth

anyone hear the two new songs from the single yet? I like them.

sweatboard

Has anyone heard Built To Spill's version of Freebird?   :o

It's a beast.

mjkoehler

uhh no? Where would one by chance cum across that glorious sounding cover?

sweatboard

MarkW

Nice - thanks Brian!

I've just put Keep it Like a Secret on my "to buy" list - I only have You In Reverse...
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

red

I've been infatuated with Keep It Like a Secret for the past couple months, especially the gorgeous "You Were Right", but it's the only BtS album I've ever heard.   :-/

I really regret not going to see them when they came this way.

ycartrob

QuoteI've been infatuated with Keep It Like a Secret for the past couple months, especially the gorgeous "You Were Right", but it's the only BtS album I've ever heard.   :-/

I really regret not going to see them when they came this way.

it's time to get Perfect From Now On... it's time!  do it (you won't regret it)

The last time I saw them do Stop the Show (below) it lasted about 18 minutes.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw06bRjHks4[/media]

red

I knew you'd come through Tracy, but man alive what a song!  That album will be mine as soon as possible.