Main Menu

Lord Huron

Started by bold992006, Oct 10, 2012, 10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

APR

I've been listening to this a ton.  So many great songs.  I like their style and the sound of the recordings.  I'm looking forward to their show May 4.  I checked their recent setlists and am surprised there are so many Strange Trails songs and so few from Lonesome Dreams.  I was hoping for more of a 50/50 split from their old albums and maybe one from Mighty.  It's still going to be a great show.

MMJTX

Yes it will be a great show, i've seen them 4 times and they've gotten better each time.
I am really enjoying the new album, the first half is very similar to Strange Trails imo, not complaining because i love their sound and i find it unique overall. But the second half is where they get into some new territory for them i feel, but it's still great.
I'll be at the show in Dallas fashoooo
Anytime

APR

Quote from: MMJTX on Apr 26, 2018, 02:29 PM
Yes it will be a great show, i've seen them 4 times and they've gotten better each time.
I am really enjoying the new album, the first half is very similar to Strange Trails imo, not complaining because i love their sound and i find it unique overall. But the second half is where they get into some new territory for them i feel, but it's still great.
I'll be at the show in Dallas fashoooo

Two nights ago was my fourth time seeing them, and they continue to get better.  More variety of sounds, great new songs, and a Harvest Moon cover thrown in during the encore.   I was hoping for more from Lonesome Dreams, which is one of my favorite albums, but the new songs are indeed great.  I don't like their twangy stuff nearly as much as the atmospheric/reverb stuff or their rocking songs (like Ancient Names 1 and 2).  But the diverse tunes and incredible lyrics about made me think they were MMJ like and I have never thought that before.  Maybe it was also due to the bigger venue and more and bigger lights and background visuals. 

dookie shoot bandit

New album out today... Long Lost
FANTASTIC!!!

SteamEngineWentWest

Their video series "Alive From Whispering Pines" they had this spring prior to the album release was really well done and creative. Hopefully they will rerelease them sometime in the future.

MMJTX

Have listened to the new album a handful of times, definitely dig it. Again, they stick so much to their "sound" so a lot of songs can sound similar but since it's still a unique sound "cosmic country/hinderlands outdoorsy folk reverb/vintage 50's soul" it's great, and every album seems to have a song that damn near puts me to tears, like "I Lied" on this new one
Anytime

sillyboob

"cosmic country/hinderlands outdoorsy folk reverb/vintage 50's soul"

NAILED IT!!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

APR

I have listened to the new one a few times.  I hope it will grow on me more as it doesn't rank nearly as high as their previous albums in my book.  I got tickets to see them in September.  I can't wait for live music

That was a great description MMJTX. 

kotchishm

I love this band. Loved them at 9:30 Club a few years ago and especially when they played Wolf Trap with Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats as an opener. Night Sweats played a burner of an opening set but LH was able to follow it admirably. The sound at LH shows is always perfect.

Lord Huron's Whispering Pines video series early this year was amazing as well.
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf