i am a chicken

Started by ali, Jan 27, 2009, 12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ali

call me the world's biggest wuss right now... i was just checking exactly where billboard is in the city (it's been a while since i was there ok) and happened to wander past the alley at the back, only to see the guys offloading from their lovely airconditioned van. (it's high 30's today, first day of a 4 or 5 day heatwave....)

i actually had on me a camera, phone, pen, paper, everything the potential autograph-seeker could ever possibly want... was even listening to the boys on the ipod.... and totally chickened out.

arrrrghghgh   :P

ah well, still made my day to see the guys - i smiled at carl, jim wasn't looking.

AND I FINALLY GET TO SEE MMJ TONIGHT!!!!! happiness is!
love a song for the way it makes you feel

Love Dogg

"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

hizzo

That. is. awesome! I get nervous in those types of situations too!
One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain.

TEO

Quotecall me the world's biggest wuss right now... i was just checking exactly where billboard is in the city (it's been a while since i was there ok) and happened to wander past the alley at the back, only to see the guys offloading from their lovely airconditioned van. (it's high 30's today, first day of a 4 or 5 day heatwave....)

i actually had on me a camera, phone, pen, paper, everything the potential autograph-seeker could ever possibly want... was even listening to the boys on the ipod.... and totally chickened out.

ah well, still made my day to see the guys - i smiled at carl, jim wasn't looking.

Glad you finally got to see them Ali!  :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

ycartrob

Quotecall me the world's biggest wuss right now... i was just checking exactly where billboard is in the city (it's been a while since i was there ok) and happened to wander past the alley at the back, only to see the guys offloading from their lovely airconditioned van. (it's high 30's today, first day of a 4 or 5 day heatwave....)

I understand.
I did the same once in Nashville when they were loading in through the back of Exit/In. I sat in my car and thought of all the great conversations we would have if I walked up to them; then I drove off.

it's cool though.

Penny Lane

i am the same way. i was not prepared the first time i met them.

Now i have everything planned for the next time i kidnap--er oops i mean meet JJ again (and the band of course)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Sassbox

I normally feel rather awkward in those kinds of situations, too, but for some reason I didn't when I met them over the summer.  Well, unless you consider asking the band if you have any BBQ stuck in your teeth awkward.  ;D I think it was the first thing out of my mouth after "hi".
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

goose

Your not a chicken, you wer just overcome by stardom.
Hooked on four like one, two, three

el_chode

i took a lot of beer and weed for me to brazenly walk up to them outside their bus a few years ago and be like 'hey you're my morning jacket you guys are teh awesome want to do a station id for my shitty college radio station acoustic something or another is tearing up our charts"

they seemed utterly shocked to be recognized, either that, or they were shocked that someone could be that intoxicated at 4 pm on a saturday and still make a complete sentence.
I'm surrounded by assholes

tomEisenbraun

I understand.
I did the same once in Nashville when they were loading in through the back of Exit/In. I sat in my car and thought of all the great conversations we would have if I walked up to them; then I drove off.

it's cool though.

we fixed that one for you in time, though, eh...?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

ali

hehe thanks, always nice to know you're not the only one ;)

still, i may be a chicken, but i had a nice big smile on my face on the ride home :)
love a song for the way it makes you feel

ycartrob

I understand.

it's cool though.

we fixed that one for you in time, though, eh...?

yeah, it's must easier when you're with people who aren't chicken.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

haha chicken!!!! maybe next time.  they're just ordinary dudes with extraordinary musical powers.  you're a chick, worse possible scenario they don't have sex with you.  right? haha.  I'm sure they love getting recognition from caring fans.  next time I say skip the autograph and go straight for the seduction.

tomEisenbraun

The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

ManNamedTruth

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!