Main Menu

The Avett Bros.

Started by jeffro79, Jun 07, 2007, 01:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffro79

I picked up The Avett Bros. Introduce Emotionalism the other day and am really digging it. Two early favs of mine are "Weight of Lies" and "Pretty Girl From Chile" Any other fans? Anyone see them live? I heard they put on a great show.
i kinda think right now is a pretty good time to just sit down and sing people some mother-fuckin songs

LaurieBlue

We've been fans and friends for many years and they put on one amazing live show. DO see them any chance you get!  Great guys, too.  "Emotionalism" is their best work to date, but they've had a lot of stand out pieces over the years.

www.theavettbrothers.com

:-)

jeffro79

I'm a bit surprised there hasn't been more talk about these guys on the board. I've gotten a chance to see them live and they are absolutely incredible! They have tons of dates scheduled for spring, go check 'em out! Here is a great song from the newest album:http://www.sendspace.com/file/uyr77m Enjoy!
i kinda think right now is a pretty good time to just sit down and sing people some mother-fuckin songs

saki

Yeah, I can't believe that they haven't been talked about more.  They are so unique.  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpPD7VYTkgU

jeffro79

any fans yet?
new album coming soon produced by rick rubin, should be interesting!

Jbones72

Quoteany fans yet?
new album coming soon produced by rick rubin, should be interesting!
saw them this summer at the stone pony in nj after picking up emotionalism a few months earlier. great live show!!!
i have the gleam ep's and will be buying the rest of their stuff soon, i want to have it all before the new stuff with rubin comes out

ultravisitor

They are awesome in concert!  My faves on Emotionalism are "Shame" and "Go To Sleep" -- but it changes because the whole damn album is good.

Make sure to get their others, too, especially Mignonette.

Jbones72

QuoteThey are awesome in concert!  My faves on Emotionalism are "Shame" and "Go To Sleep" -- but it changes because the whole damn album is good.

Make sure to get their others, too, especially Mignonette.

It's next on my list. They closed with "Go To Sleep", such a great show, and for only like 200 people! You would have thought they were playing MSG.

purplebeeve

Saw these guys at monolith this past september.  were very fun.  ended with pretty girl from chile.  i am sure they made some new fans there, my wife being one.

Kris

Mignonette is essential.

vespachick

Hey CRISPY!!

Did you do me the solid of checking out The Avett Bros. at Cain's last month?  Just wondering if it ruled as much as I predicted. 8-)
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

Jane

i love these guys. i've seen them 3 times since discovering them earlier this year. their live show is so good that i can't wait to catch them again.

scott avett just had a baby girl a couple of days ago. they have an album coming out early next spring under their new major label with the help of rick rubin producing.

i would highly reccomend this band! they're really great.

lasvegas

such a great band.

they get better every time i see them.

going to a show in CT in a couple weeks, can't wait!!

Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

wharf rat

I missed this thread until now, but I mentioned these guys in the 'who are you' thread that was started many months ago.
These guys are great, I've seen them a half dozen times (they've played several times at a small little theater in Nelsonville, OH about 20 minutes from my front door as well as a few outdoor Arts and Music Festival shows just down the road from the theater) and they never fail to get the juices flowing.  So much energy on the stage that it's highly difficult not to jam your ass off!  Their harmonies are outstanding and I echo others' statements that if  you haven't seen them yet but have a chance, make sure you get out to a live show.
Anyone heading to Bloomington, IN next month?  They're playing the TH/FR before thanksgiving at a place called the Bluebird Nightclub.  I think the wife and I are heading over with another couple.  
For anyone wanting to start with their music, Live Vol. 2 is a pretty good sampling, but you can't go wrong with any of their music.

jeffro79

QuoteMignonette is essential.
word! one of my top 5 albums ever. go sleep is great live esp. with the crowd singing "la la la la la".
i'll be seeing 'em back to back nights in bloomington, in in bout 3 weeks. can't wait!

Jane

bump -

i'm going to see them for the 8th time tonight. So excited!

they've gotten pretty big since the last time i posted about them here in 2008. they were just on the grammys with Bob Dylan last week. I'd say that's pretty big.

headhunter

Avett Bros are awesome live.  Saw them last summer at Newfort Folk Fest and in the fall at Radio City.  Great energy in their live show.
was some shakin' and some record playin'