For everyone else who thinks Pavement...

Started by red, Dec 05, 2008, 11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EAZYE

i recently have started to dig on some pavement, need to pick up some more.  definitely one of those bands i missed in high school
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

red

QuoteAHHHH PAVEMENT RULES SO HARDDDDD
did you watch 'slow century' yet jenny?  if not, i think it's still online for a few more days.  i almost cried a few times, especially when they're playing their last three songs (together TOGETHER).

FACE

i own that shit m-er f-er!
no it's totally awesome holy moly!!
it hurts me sometimes how much i love things. pavement is one of these things.

aMillionDreams

The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

ALady

Maybe you missed penny and I's mini-discussion in the draft thread yesterday, but we both kind of agreed Malkmus' solo stuff >/= Pavement

I love Crooked Rain Crooked Rain, but after that....

I'd go so far as to say solo Malkmus is straight up > Pavement, none of this >/= noize...   ;)

Thanks for posting that '92 boot, Million.  I love Aquarium Drunkard   :)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

xmascriminal

I watched this last night. I would have liked some speculation as to why they broke up but other than that, it was great. I loved the concert footage. I've got to get the DVD so I can see all the bonus performances.

FACE

wait wait wait
i disagree.
i disagree.

wait i think - i mean the sign eats the better one right? becasue it's a hungry duck? so it eats the better one?
in any case, pavement (is better than sign) solo malkmus in my opinion. fuckin' wowee zowee? crooked rain? SLANTED AND ENCHANTED?
i think we can call agree terror twilight is bullshit and brighten the corners isn't great, but really? i mean pig lib is better than both TT adn BTC, but i think BTC is better than BOTH face the truth and real emotional trash.

either way, i'm not dissin' no one, malkmus rulez totally hard and pavement as well. just sayin' what i'm sayin'.

capt. scotty

Quotewait wait wait
i disagree.
i disagree.

wait i think - i mean the sign eats the better one right? becasue it's a hungry duck? so it eats the better one?
in any case, pavement (is better than sign) solo malkmus in my opinion. fuckin' wowee zowee? crooked rain? SLANTED AND ENCHANTED?
i think we can call agree terror twilight is bullshit and brighten the corners isn't great, but really? i mean pig lib is better than both TT adn BTC, but i think BTC is better than BOTH face the truth and real emotional trash.

either way, i'm not dissin' no one, malkmus rulez totally hard and pavement as well. just sayin' what i'm sayin'.
I didnt mean to confuse people with mathematical signs that some people havent had in class yet

my bad  ;)
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

FACE

i'm just messin' around homie. i know what that duck is hungry for.

capt. scotty

Quotei'm just messin' around homie. i know what that duck is hungry for.

Its hungry for some Duck Hunt!! NES Style

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--1AHGnQaTA[/media]
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

FACE

but in all seriousness, i'm going to say pavement > malkmus solo, even though malkmus (by himself, as a person) is great; unless we are talking about terror twilight vs. pig lib or s/t malkmus. then it's obvious.
maybe this is why math terms aren't used in comparing music.

bold99

Pavement is better than his solo stuff...WAY better.  One of the best bands ever.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

red

i really can't believe how anyone can think sm's solo stuff is better than pavement.  lunacy.  

let's talk about how great that first preston school of industry album is...

bold99

Quotei really can't believe how anyone can think sm's solo stuff is better than pavement.  lunacy.  

let's talk about how great that first preston school of industry album is...

I agree saying his stuff is better than Pavement to me is like saying McCartneys solo stuff is better than the Beatles.

btw if anyone wants a great Pavement show go to www.acquariumdrunkard.com there is show up for download from the 92' tour.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

ManNamedTruth

Everyone knows its an alligator, not a duck!
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ALady

Solo Malkmus > Pavement.

You can't argue with facts, gentlemen.    ;D

Here is another fact: it is super easy to lure dudes in by telling them you are into Pavement.  Dudes dig chicks who dig Pavement.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

aMillionDreams

Everyone knows its an alligator, not a duck!

Or pacman.  Believe it or not, the kids do still know who pacman is. and not the dude who plays for the cowboys.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]