ChiefOKONO

http://www.blackcrowes.com/ReleaseWarpaint.htm

THE BLACK CROWES TO RELEASE 'WARPAINT'

FIRST STUDIO ALBUM OF ALL NEW MATERIAL IN SEVEN YEARS

DUE OUT MARCH 4 ON THEIR OWN SILVER ARROW RECORDS LABEL,

DISTRIBUTED BY MEGAFORCE/SONY RED BMG

BAND TO PERFORM 'WARPAINT' IN ITS ENTIRETY ON LIMITED

"ONE NIGHT ONLY" SWING

From the beginning, THE BLACK CROWES have done things their own way. And it's good to know that some things don't change.

WARPAINT—the band's first album of all-new studio material in seven years, due out March 4 worldwide—will be independently released on the band's own newly formed Silver Arrow Records and distributed through Megaforce/Sony Red BMG. It's their first studio release since the acclaimed LIONS album in 2001 (on V2).

Produced and mixed by Paul Stacey at Allaire Studios, Woodstock, NY, the album features 11 songs, all of which were written by CHRIS and RICH ROBINSON, except "God's Got It" by the Reverend Charlie Jackson. The album builds compellingly on the band's trademark adventurous brew of rock, blues, country, soul and gospel.

WARPAINT marks the recording debut of two new band members—guitarist Luther Dickinson and keyboardist Adam MacDougall--who join CHRIS and RICH and drummer Steve Gorman and bassist Sven Pipien. Dickinson, of North Mississippi Allstars, officially steps in to replace producer/guitarist Paul Stacey, whose position with the band was always intended to be temporary. THE BLACK CROWES are deeply appreciative that Stacey committed his genuine talent and time to the band and their performances for most of 2007.

The album's complete track listing is: "Goodbye Daughters of the Revolution," "Walk Believer Walk," "O, Josephine," "Evergreen," "We Who See The Deep," "Locust Street," "Movin' On Down The Line," "Wounded Bird," "God's Got It," "There's Gold In Them Hills," and "Whoa Mule."

CHRIS says the album's title signifies "the revolution that could take place in all our souls."

Meanwhile, for the first time in their 18-year career, THE BLACK CROWES will perform an album of theirs in its entirety. On a special run of "One Night Only" shows beginning on March 4, fans will experience WARPAINT performed in its entirety, after which the band will play songs from their catalog and selected surprises. Dates TBA.

THE BLACK CROWES will begin their world tour March 24 by headlining the Byron Bay Festival in Australia. They'll continue their down under trek—their first since 1991—through April 5 before playing special engagements in Tokyo, Amsterdam and London, and concluding with shows in Hamburg and Cologne, Germany (dates TBA).

THE BLACK CROWES have sold over 20 million albums and are known as one of rock's best live acts. They have been called "The Most Rock n' Roll Rock 'n' Roll Band In the World" and a "thoroughbred American rock 'n' freakin' roll band"; their panoramic live shows feature alternating set lists and signature incendiary musical explorations. Catch up with the band at www.blackcrowes.com

BH

[smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]
Thanks Chief!  Great News.  Warpaint!  I wonder if Luther will tour with them.  That is a strong addition.  

One thing I don't get.  What does the "one night only" thing mean.   "On a special run of "One Night Only" shows beginning on March 4"  Huh?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

biscuitbobo

holy crap....please be good....

www.thehellsayers.com
[url="//www.myspace.com/thehellsayers"]www.myspace.com/thehellsayers[/url]

BH

Ya know, I'm surprised there are not more people on this board that are Crowes fans.  Is it just me and the Chief?  What is everyone's opinion on them?  Be honest.

Of course, if you are not a fan, you are not going to be reading this thread are you? Duh, nevermind.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Hawkeye

I LOVE the Crowes!!!  I've seen them twice, both times we were like 5th row.  They are one of my favorite bands to see live.  Their music is just great balls-out rock 'n roll.  Good party/drinking music for sure.  Amazingly the only album I've listened to is Tall, and I'm not sure if you would consider that an album?  Don't know much about it, but I've heard it called a "lost album" or "lost recordings" or something.  Of couse I know all the hits too.  I'm sure there are more Crowes fans here!
We could.

LEATHER KID

I'm a casual fan but haven't heard any of their newer work that I thought was great.  On the other hand I am a big Luther fan so maybe he'll  persuade me.  I do own the Live at The Fillmore and "The Night They Drove Ole Dixie Down" is very badass.
IT'S ALL FUCKIN' CHEESE!!

EAZYE

Knew of the crowes in high school, saw them in tulsa a few years back, have been a fan since then.  looking forward to the new album ;D
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

mjkoehler

OK Hermo, you can kick my ass for this one next show we are at together. I had tickets to see them at Riverport when they came last year with Robert Randolph. They were freebies to sit in the Corporate box/spot. I didn't want to fuck around with the nightmare traffic around Riverport so I gave the tickets up....I heard from the person that I gave the tickets to that I missed a pretty good show. :-/ :'(

dragonboy

QuoteI LOVE the Crowes!!!  I've seen them twice, both times we were like 5th row.  They are one of my favorite bands to see live.
I saw them a couple of times on the Southern Harmony tour @ Brixton Academy in London. They were absolutely amazing!
I saw them again @ the Royal Albert hall a couple of years later when Amorica came out & they just weren't as good.
I liked Three Snakes but lost interest after Marc left.
Anybody have his 2nd solo album? Keep meaning to buy that...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

BH

OK, sweet, so there is some love!  

I was also definately sorry to see Marc go.  They were not the same without him.  However, since their "return" a few years ago, I think Rich is raised his game to a whole new level.  I have seen them probably twenty times, and they are definately getting better with age.  The last show a month ago was just spectacular.  And now Luther!  I can't wait to hear it.

Check out this track from the Brother's of a Feather CD/DVD combo available here for only $13.49! ;)  

http://www.amazon.com/Brothers-Feather-Live-at-Roxy/dp/B000TV1SUQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1196529360&sr=8-1

This is a cover called "Driving Wheel"  I thought it sounded like a Gram Parsons song when I first heard it, but it was originally done by someone named David Wiffen.

http://www.savefile.com/files/1235194

There's also a cover of Missourian (I've just learned) Gene Clark's Polly.  The same song that Plant/Krauss covered on their recent compilation.  Both versions are spectacular.

(Oh, and then there's 12 and a half minute acoustic version of a little song you may have heard called Thorn In My Pride.) :o

ManNamedTruth

i just have their best of. what would their best album be to go with next? i saw them open for Tom Petty once, and i saw Phil Lesh & Friends with Chris Robinson on vocals.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

BH

IMO, Southern Harmony should be owned by all.  My next favorite is Amorica.

dragonboy

QuoteIMO, Southern Harmony should be owned by all.  My next favorite is Amorica.
Like BH said! Southern Harmony is def their best & an absolutely essential purchase.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

corey

You must definitely get "Southern Harmony and Musical Companion".

Fantastic. Record.

ChiefOKONO

I'd say Southern Harmony as well!!

Quotei just have their best of. what would their best album be to go with next? i saw them open for Tom Petty once, and i saw Phil Lesh & Friends with Chris Robinson on vocals.

ChiefOKONO

wow, can't believe you gave up on corporate free seats!!

QuoteOK Hermo, you can kick my ass for this one next show we are at together. I had tickets to see them at Riverport when they came last year with Robert Randolph. They were freebies to sit in the Corporate box/spot. I didn't want to fuck around with the nightmare traffic around Riverport so I gave the tickets up....I heard from the person that I gave the tickets to that I missed a pretty good show. :-/ :'(

ChiefOKONO

Marc's 2nd album is good, not as good as his first but it has some more Ripping guitar on it.. i'd say its worth checking out!

QuoteI LOVE the Crowes!!!  I've seen them twice, both times we were like 5th row.  They are one of my favorite bands to see live.
I saw them a couple of times on the Southern Harmony tour @ Brixton Academy in London. They were absolutely amazing!
I saw them again @ the Royal Albert hall a couple of years later when Amorica came out & they just weren't as good.
I liked Three Snakes but lost interest after Marc left.
Anybody have his 2nd solo album? Keep meaning to buy that...

ChiefOKONO

Surprised that the only one you've heard is Tall!  you should check out Shake your Money Maker and Southern Harmony as well.

QuoteI LOVE the Crowes!!!  I've seen them twice, both times we were like 5th row.  They are one of my favorite bands to see live.  Their music is just great balls-out rock 'n roll.  Good party/drinking music for sure.  Amazingly the only album I've listened to is Tall, and I'm not sure if you would consider that an album?  Don't know much about it, but I've heard it called a "lost album" or "lost recordings" or something.  Of couse I know all the hits too.  I'm sure there are more Crowes fans here!

BH

dragonboy

Is that the new cover? Man, that's CRAP!