Main Menu

Jenny Lewis

Started by YouAre_GivenToFly, Aug 22, 2008, 09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YouAre_GivenToFly

Not sure if anyone here is a fan of hers. She's the lead singer for the band Rilo Kiley, and a couple eyars back she put out a great solo album, Rabbit Fur Coat. Its got a bit of country, soul, gospel, all good stuff.

Shes got a new album coming out in September titled "Acid Tongue". She puts on a really good show too, check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kllyPnkLxY
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

Penny Lane

i love this band---i have under the blacklight and more adventurous on constant play! i'll be looking out for this album.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

j_rud

QuoteNot sure if anyone here is a fan of hers. She's the lead singer for the band Rilo Kiley, and a couple eyars back she put out a great solo album, Rabbit Fur Coat. Its got a bit of country, soul, gospel, all good stuff.

Shes got a new album coming out in September titled "Acid Tongue". She puts on a really good show too, check it out.

I dont know what was better, seeing her solo or seeing her drink herself under the keyboards with Rilo Kiley lol.
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

YouAre_GivenToFly

QuoteNot sure if anyone here is a fan of hers. She's the lead singer for the band Rilo Kiley, and a couple eyars back she put out a great solo album, Rabbit Fur Coat. Its got a bit of country, soul, gospel, all good stuff.

I dont know what was better, seeing her solo or seeing her drink herself under the keyboards with Rilo Kiley lol.

Seeing her from the front row will top both of that. And at $3 drinks I might end up under the keyboard this go-round

YouAre_GivenToFly

Just leak already!

YouAre_GivenToFly

DavidCrosby

...hopefully the cover of that record is actually a sheet of acid....
listen to vinyl

Ethel Bethel

Ha ha I just drove past her concert a couple hours ago. I saw her name on the venue and thought who the hell is Jenny Lewis?. I could hear the music from my car. She sounded pretty okay.

Penny Lane

this is a great album---check it out if you haven't

BH

Quotethis is a great album---check it out if you haven't

Agreed!  I also like how the album cover sleeve is like a giant sheet of acid.  

And it says on the back something like, "Do not drop this album"   ;D

The Next Messiah is epic!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

bold99

I've been enjoying this album a lot lately.....I love Rilo stuff but this and her first one are really good.  the Elvis Costello song is great.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Penny Lane

thanks, BH! good stuff.

BH

Quotethanks, BH! good stuff.

You like the Love Hurts cover?  Sweet, eh?   And The Next Messiah is my favorite from the album, so that was a nice treat as well.  In a weeks time, I've listened to Andrew Bird's new one, the new M. Ward and now this, all on NPR.  God love 'em.

Penny Lane

i always forget about NPR--as soon as i went on to listen, i saw the gourds thing and also a  clip from Lucero----!

yeah, that song is great--i love all the barbara streisand medley talk--even her talking voice is so cool

Ghosts_on_TV

Quotei always forget about NPR--as soon as i went on to listen, i saw the gourds thing and also a  clip from Lucero----!

yeah, that song is great--i love all the barbara streisand medley talk--even her talking voice is so cool

Plus she's super hot...

Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Ghosts_on_TV

My favorite song off of acid tongue is Godspeed. Jenny is awesome. Even in The Wizard. Fun Ghosts on TV fact: I bought THE POWER GLOVE because of that movie. It fucking sucked. Discuss. Actually, my mom bought it for me. I was ballin when I had it though. It did, however, suck ass. True story.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Penny Lane

QuoteMy favorite song off of acid tongue is Godspeed. Jenny is awesome. Even in The Wizard. Fun Ghosts on TV fact: I bought THE POWER GLOVE because of that movie. It fucking sucked. Discuss. Actually, my mom bought it for me. I was ballin when I had it though. It did, however, suck ass. True story.

i was in love w/fred savage (kevin arnold) i watched that movie about 100 times :-)

Murph

parkervb

Hennessy and Red Bull is jam this week!
Don't you ever turn it off