Let me tell you one of the more irritating things.

Started by FACE, Jan 04, 2009, 10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FACE

you know when you can only remmeber a fragment of a song, but not enough to google lyrics?
this is killing me.
"anything can happen and it..." THE TUNE IS IN MY HEAD BUT THOSE ARE THE ONLY WORDS.
i am going to eat my face off if i don't remember soon.

FACE

HAHAHHAAHA THE CURE MUST BE TELLING PEOPLE!

ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN - THE CLEAN.

anything could happen and it could be right now!
oh god i was struggling for hours and googling and crying and eating pretzels and now, finally, i can rest easy.

Salacious D

This same thing happened to me with "where to begin." Finally figured it out after five days.

Glad you solved it!
Because if there's one thing that goes well with shooting zombies it's a Dolly Parton cover-el chode

red

it once took me over three years to find a dears song i fell madly in love with.  heard them playing it in concert on a television program and it wasn't until a few years later - when the album it was set to appear on was actually released - that i finally heard it again.  three years with "youuuuuuuu and iiiiiiiiiii are on the ouuuuuuuuutside" in my head, it was torture.  

ps. the version in my head (and the one of them playing it live) was totally better than the recorded verion, but it's still quite pleasant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VppnteRfb-s

capt. scotty

Quoteyou know when you can only remmeber a fragment of a song, but not enough to google lyrics?
this is killing me.
"anything can happen and it..." THE TUNE IS IN MY HEAD BUT THOSE ARE THE ONLY WORDS.
i am going to eat my face off if i don't remember soon.

just happened to me with this song..it was excrutiating

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac7MFWXXc4U[/media]

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Love Dogg

Same thing happened to me with "Goin' Out West" by Tom Waits.  It was hung on me for nearly 10 years after seeing Fight Club (the song playing when they are walking into Lou's Tavern).  Then one day, some fine member of this here Forum told me what it was.  I think it was aMD...maybe not, though.

Not being able to figure out a song is not a heavy load of bricks...but cumbersome nonetheless.   :-/
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."