Lynyrd Skynyrd keyboardist Billy Powell dies

Started by ycartrob, Jan 28, 2009, 11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

For those of us who still get goose bumps when we hear the opening keys of Billy on the organ as Freebird explodes over the airwaves.

[size=14]Won't you fly high, Free Bird[/size]

ritchiem4812

Damn, that sucks. I love the original Skynyrd.

weeniebeenie

How loud can silence get?

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

searchinbig

The opening keys on the live version of Freebird are so fuckin' awesome.

That is one of my favorite live albums to date.

I remember playing drums in the basement to Freebird live and driving granny crazy. Then of course I would collapse!

Great band back in the day.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Jaimoe

Tragic loss. I'm not superstitious, but if you told me Skynyrd is cursed, I'd have a hard time not believing it. Only one man left and he survived the original plane crash that destroyed the band. Long live Gary Rossington and rest in peace Billy. And for rock's sake, please retire the band that calls itself Lynyrd Skynrd. You've been tarnishing an important southern rock legacy for the past 15 years.  

TheBigChicken

RIP ....couldn't agree with you anymore Jaimoe..This "new" Lynyrd Skynyrd needs to go really far away or at LEAST change your name. Caught part of a show on the tube a while back and it was BAD >:(
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

TEO

QuoteRIP ....couldn't agree with you anymore Jaimoe..This "new" Lynyrd Skynyrd needs to go really far away or at LEAST change your name. Caught part of a show on the tube a while back and it was BAD >:(
Dude, like where have you been?
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Love Dogg

QuoteTragic loss....... rest in peace Billy. And for rock's sake, please retire the band that calls itself Lynyrd Skynrd. You've been tarnishing an important southern rock legacy for the past 15 years.  

Ditto.

This is a time to watch the movie Freebird and rejoice in what once was.  :(
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."