Justin Townes Earle

Started by olwiggum, Apr 21, 2008, 10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ralph

picked this up yesterday.  Very Solid record is my first impression. Love the live production of it with JTE's vocals kinda raw and very forward in the mix. Stand outs so far are the title track, Maria, Memphis in the Rain and Movin' On. These songs should all sound great live. Looking forward to the upcoming shows.

Also, quite a few references to Dad again on this one...

At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

YimBlaylock

Just finished up my first listen. JTE has put out another great record. Has a great cohesive feel to it. It may be his best songwriting yet (and that's saying something). The songs have a very personal feel to them. This guy continues to climb the ranks of my favorite artists.
It's all happening.

weeniebeenie

Streaming it now. JTE never fails. I love Look The Other Way and Lower East Side so far.
I hope my pre-order comes in the mail before Bluesfest.

Edit: Movin' On is really awesome aswell.
How loud can silence get?

YimBlaylock

I've listened through the album several times and continue to be more and more impressed with each successive listen. The album has a great feel to it. I don't really understand the reviews that say he didn't expound upon HRB. He's had a soulful vibe in all of his albums, most prominently in HRB, that is before this one. And I just can't get over the songwriting on this album. JTE is one of my very favorite artists right now and I'm super excited to see him on his upcoming tour.
It's all happening.

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Shug

"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

weeniebeenie

Yay! Can't wait. Seeing him again in October.

weeniebeenie

The new album's been on non stop in my car. Anyone else heard it? Love the last song.