Main Menu

Elbow

Started by alexcho, Feb 14, 2009, 08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexcho

Can't wait to catch them on 1st April (Of all days, plus it's a weekday I believe - Have leave lined up the following day).
Bought my ticket on the day they went on sale.
:D

They're also playing the V Festival, but I'm not really a festival sort-of-guy.
Still too early to properly do a countdown.

"The Seldom Seen Kid" was my 2nd fave LP for 2008 after MMJ.  It also won UK's Mercury Prize award.

Definitely worth checking out for those singer-songwriter fans.  Guy Garvey, lead singer of the band has the most "swoonful" (for lack of a better word), melodic yet gravelly voice in rock.  His lyrics are poetic and powerful and delivered like a graceful punch.  (I'll never make it as a music journo... :-[)

Hope to meet other MMJ fans there!

Later,
Al

dragonboy

Seriously Alex, you need to use the search engine before starting new threads! Perfectly good, long running Elbow thread here: http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1222742714/0
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

capt. scotty

God damn noobs, get off my lawn!!  >:(

:D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Taxman

Indeed.
Soon I will start threads about every subject ever and tell people to fuck off.  ;) :D

Well maybe it's just the wine talking, I would never do such a thing.

This isn't the "who else is drinking thread"?

Too bad.
I'm not trying to be mysterious about it, it's just that what I do is tough to explain.
-Macgyver

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Taxman

I have watched that with and without sound, don't know which is scarier.
But that cake would get me pissed off too.  :D
I'm not trying to be mysterious about it, it's just that what I do is tough to explain.
-Macgyver

capt. scotty

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

alexcho

My apologies, everyone.  Just not very tech-savy - How does one find if a topic exist without going through them all page by page?

Sorry again,
Al

dragonboy

Haha Fair enough - no worries!

Click on the search icon up the top there (under the big MMJ pic)

Home Help Members User CP Log Out

Type whatever you're looking for in the search bar (in this case Elbow)
You can then choose from The Band, The Music, The Shows, The Tapings, The Tabs, Other Music & Off Topic. Highlight the one(s) you want (in this case Other Music) then select from week, month, three months, year or all. I usually go for a year (it doesn't seem to work quite so well if you select all posts - too many maybe?) & then click search at the bottom.

Hope that helps  :)

alexcho

Once again, Dragonboy comes to the rescue.

Thanks very much,
Al

Ps. Just read the post on the albums which peppered your life.  Very inetersting read.  I wish mine was as exciting - Sadly, only developed a better ear only in the last ten years.

dragonboy

QuoteOnce again, Dragonboy comes to the rescue.

Thanks very much,
Al

Ps. Just read the post on the albums which peppered your life.  Very inetersting read.  I wish mine was as exciting - Sadly, only developed a better ear only in the last ten years.

No problem  :)

Which thread was that? I spend too much time here + am doing a fantastic job of destroying the few braincells I had with alcohol, so my memory isn't quite what it used to be  :-[