Reformed Jane's Addiction to tour with NIN

Started by Janet, Feb 17, 2009, 03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

Per MSN:

iOriginal Jane's Addiction, Nine Inch Nails to Tour
Feb. 17, 2009, 11:57 AM EST
Crediting the definition of "alternative rock" in the U.S. to the Jane's Addiction-Nine Inch Nails tour that spawned Lollapalooza in the early '90s, NIN frontman Trent Reznor recently announced plans to go back on tour with a reunited Jane's Addiction.

The "Nothing's Shocking" rockers disbanded in 1991, following an internal conflict of personalities that Reznor says developed on tour with his band.

"The shows were epic," Reznor writes in a Feb. 16 post on his band's website. "So epic, they propelled NIN to the 'next level' (whatever that means), but caused Jane's to implode. The band broke up at the end of that tour."

But when the original Jane's Addiction lineup played a small show in Los Angeles, news of the concert apparently inspired Reznor to listen to them again, contact the band members and ultimately make plans to go back on the road with the group.

"These guys were the real deal," writes Reznor. "And in this current climate [of corporate rock]... it was refreshing to hear something that sounded dangerous, volatile, beautiful and sincere."

Reznor notes that 2009 will mark the 20th anniversary of NIN's first major release ("Pretty Hate Machine"), and that after "a tour across the globe," it may be "time to make the band disappear for a while." According to Reznor's post, Jane's is set to join NIN for the U.S. leg of the tour.

Since their official breakup, the original Jane's Addiction, which includes singer Perry Farrell, bassist Eric Avery, guitarist Dave Navarro and drummer Stephen Perkins, have reunited once in 1997 (without Avery), again in 2001 and most recently for a performance at the NME Awards in Los Angeles in April of 2008.

Tour dates have not yet been announced.

I am ready to rock it like it's 1989!

Bumbeli

Just read that a few miniutes ago and I am somehow excited.
Used to listen to Jane's Addiction a lot a few years back and NIN have always been kinda awesome :)
The sad part is that Trent Reznor wants NIN to take a break, so we probably can't expect anything new coming up from NIN.
Feelings hour, every tuesday morning.
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/bumbeli"]http://www.last.fm/user/bumbeli[/url]

ALady

I hope this means that they'll play Roo.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Janet

True story:  Back in 1987 I spent the summer working the door at a local rock club here in Sacramento.  (My best friend worked the sound board.  Boy we had a good time!)  Working the door was a lot of fun in that you meet every single person that comes in the club, including the bands.

One weeknight we had some little band come in that none of us had heard of.  There were literally only 9 people in the club that weren't paid to be there..

The band was amazing.  They played with isuch intensity and as if they were playing for thousands, instead of a handful of people.  The drummer just blew me away.  And the singer, well, it was hard to look away.

That band was Jane's Addiction and this was right before their first album was released.  

I still have their manager's business card somewhere...

dragonboy

QuoteTrue story:  Back in 1987 I spent the summer working the door at a local rock club here in Sacramento.  (My best friend worked the sound board.  Boy we had a good time!)  Working the door was a lot of fun in that you meet every single person that comes in the club, including the bands.

One weeknight we had some little band come in that none of us had heard of.  There were literally only 9 people in the club that weren't paid to be there..

The band was amazing.  They played with isuch intensity and as if they were playing for thousands, instead of a handful of people.  The drummer just blew me away.  And the singer, well, it was hard to look away.

That band was Jane's Addiction and this was right before their first album was released.  

I still have their manager's business card somewhere...
Wow  :o  Great story Lucy!!!

I saw both bands separately back in '90/'91 @ the Astoria in London. Both shows were amazing.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.