Favorite Rolling Stone Albums

Started by aMD, Jul 02, 2007, 06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawpaw

Where the hell was I the first time around on this one?!?! The Stones, without a doubt, are my favorite band. The Mick Taylor/Jimmy Miller (producer) years are the best...I mean, NO OTHER BAND has turned out 5 consecutive albums like the Stones did from '68 (Beggars Banquet) to '72 (Exile...). I love a lot of the early stuff (12x5, Aftermath, Between The Buttons), and while the mid 70s onward have been, ahem, spotty, there have been some great albums released (Some Girls, Tattoo You).

My favorite Stones album is Sticky Fingers. It's perfect.

Keith is my all-time rock hero.

"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

bold99

always loved Some Girls and Beggar's Banquet.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

Jbones72

Black 'N' Blue is also a fave of mine, especially since they made it while they were auditioning guitarists to replace Taylor. "Crazy Mama" and "Hey Negrita" are my personal faves on the album

Keef's autobiography is coming out this year I think. I'm interested to see what he actually remembers from the heroin years.

meggha

1. Exile on Main Street
2. Beggar's Banquet
3. Let it Bleed
"Yeah, it's chaos, it's clocks, it's watermelons, it's everything."

Jaimoe

One thing I find really interesting about in-their-prime Stones is how they would switch-up their lineup when in the studio. For example, "Sway" featured Mick and Mick on guitars and "Live With Me" had Keith on bass. Producer Jimmy Miller played drums on "You Can't Always Get What You Want" and "Happy".

If this is news to any of you, I urge you to read the liner notes and do some more research into who played what on the Stones albums. Oh yeah, non-Stones member Ronnie Wood played guitar on the song, "It's Only Rock and Roll". My friend met Ronnie and asked him about it too!