URGENT !! need input !!

Started by ycartrob, Mar 03, 2009, 01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

QuoteDecision time (early) >

[highlight]1st choice was  Alejandro Escovedo, but it's not on e-music[/highlight]
2nd was "Boys and Girls in America" by the Hold Steady, but it's not on e-music (they do have Stay Positive)

So, I got Powder Burns by the Twilight Singers (I actually got it on Wednesday, but didn't want to say. Thanks Soup for being in touch with it, and thanks Brian for confirming my choice last night). I really love it, too. It's got a Bob Mould (Sugar era) heaviness and even some Elvis Costello on the vocal delivery and some other stuff I can't put my finer on, his own, I guess. I usually don't go for such a "serious tone" these days, but its working for me. Plus, my wife is digging it too, which is a plus.

thank you all, this may be the most imprtant decision I have ever made in my life (well, at least this week).
pm me I'll burn you  AE   Gravity , 13 Years,With These Hands
if you want em.

no thanks, I'd feel better paying for his proper releases.

Vadie Stark

my bad, sorey I'll send him a few bucks he's in my county

Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

Leontheslut

QuoteAlligator is like crack.

Agreed 100%

I was disappointed in Boxer because, well, it's not Alligator. It has since grown on me. Have you heard the song they have on "Dark was the night?" It's a little more upbeat then their latest stuff (boxer, the Virgina EP).

They are coming to Philly soon, I have to get my tix.
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

tomEisenbraun

QuoteUmphrey's MaGee?:

They don't deserve Gibsons!

ahh, but "deserve" and "afford" are two very different animals. "Afford" being the slimier of the two...
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

bowl of soup

QuoteDecision time (early) >

1st choice was  Alejandro Escovedo, but it's not on e-music
2nd was "Boys and Girls in America" by the Hold Steady, but it's not on e-music (they do have Stay Positive)

So, I got Powder Burns by the Twilight Singers (I actually got it on Wednesday, but didn't want to say. Thanks Soup for being in touch with it, and thanks Brian for confirming my choice last night). I really love it, too. It's got a Bob Mould (Sugar era) heaviness and even some Elvis Costello on the vocal delivery and some other stuff I can't put my finer on, his own, I guess. I usually don't go for such a "serious tone" these days, but its working for me. Plus, my wife is digging it too, which is a plus.

thank you all, this may be the most imprtant decision I have ever made in my life (well, at least this week).

Ahhhh, great choice.  Every few years, Greg Dulli just explodes with greatness.  It's just inspired writing considering the circumstances and the Hurricane Katrina songs are so much better than anything else that sorry event inspired.

It has been largely regarded as his farewell to demons album - I've always thought it was more of a love letter.  Bonnie Brae is supposed to be about Mark Lannegan.

If you want to go deeper into Dulli land, make sure you have Gentlemen and 1965 from the Afghan Whigs and Blackberry Belle from the Twilight Singers.  I love them all.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/v/_OnebDvN0Y4&hl=en&fs=1[/media]
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

ycartrob

Thanks soup, here you go, one of my favorite Steve Blake moments:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2UUyAzKLMg[/media]

bowl of soup

Those Duke/Maryland games from that era are as good as any college ball ever played.  Duke won it all in 2001 after a historic collapse by Maryland in the Final 4 and we took it the next year.  Seems long ago.

Thanks for that.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

red

Tracy, if I mailed you a Constantines tape would you accept it?  

ycartrob

QuoteTracy, if I mailed you a Constantines tape would you accept it?  

yes.