Main Menu

Fleet Foxes

Started by DavidCrosby, Jul 05, 2008, 02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kydiddle

I would wear J. Tillman like a scrunchie.
Cow temperature.

wolof7

I'm somewhat underwhelmed by the leadoff track...but first impressions don't always hold
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

ChiefOKONO

woodnymph

Horraaahhhh! I was on Blogger the other day and saw the Steam Engine entry about the new number..... I like!! It's quenching the long, long FleetFoxes thirst.....

Oh man and I scrolled real quick through this thread, and BH posted my favorite Blogotheque vid of Blue Ridge Mts.  (And Sun Giant, etc!)

Sweeeeeettt deaaaalll :-D  Ahm all shook uhhppp
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

woodnymph

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Feb 01, 2011, 01:47 PM
another article with some interesting quotes:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/fleet-foxes-get-existential-on-helplessness-blues-20110201

"You have to keep the interior door closed, because of the wharf rats."

Come again? "It's right by the wharf. You'll go into the bathroom, and, like, the whole door will be chewed up. We actually can't eat food there."

I was picturing something entirely different there for a moment......  :P

ChiefOKONO

i'm goin to the show, i am excited!!!!

woodnymph

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Feb 04, 2011, 07:03 PM
i'm goin to the show, i am excited!!!!
Hecks yeah, I'll be catching them somewhere or another for certain!!!

wolof7

Quote from: wolof7 on Jan 31, 2011, 03:11 PM
I'm somewhat underwhelmed by the leadoff track...but first impressions don't always hold

Yup....changed my mind Helplessness Blues is a great song!

woodnymph

"Hi, Robin here. I recorded three songs in LA a couple weeks ago with my friend Noah. One is a new song that's a duet with my buddy Ed Droste from the amazing band Grizzly Bear, one is a solo new song, and one is a cover. Hope you enjoy! Here's the link to download"

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MNB143XT

(These are beautiful, haunting, folk tunes written from a cabin on any mountain range you can find yourself imagining.... really lovely tunes, enjoy!!!!!!)

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: woodnymph on Mar 07, 2011, 04:00 PM
"Hi, Robin here. I recorded three songs in LA a couple weeks ago with my friend Noah. One is a new song that's a duet with my buddy Ed Droste from the amazing band Grizzly Bear, one is a solo new song, and one is a cover. Hope you enjoy! Here's the link to download"

(These are beautiful, haunting, folk tunes written from a cabin on any mountain range you can find yourself imagining.... really lovely tunes, enjoy!!!!!!)

Thanks for the heads up miss Nymph, listening right now, sounds good! :)
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

woodnymph

Quote from: SaraBananaBear on Mar 07, 2011, 04:32 PM
Quote from: woodnymph on Mar 07, 2011, 04:00 PM

Thanks for the heads up miss Nymph, listening right now, sounds good! :)

Ooooo glad you like them! So glad to share the sweetness with ya there!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Have you  heard the few other solo Robin songs he recorded under the name White Antelope?? Let me know if you'd like them, he had (and may still have) them posted on their myspace; and they too are super sweet.  Solo tracks include some originals, some covers: "Wild Mountain Thyme," "False Knight On the Road," "It Ain't Me, Babe," "Guitar Duet," and "Silver Dagger."  They just always take me back to some simple beautiful time, engulfed in nature, before strip malls and highways.......  :)

Erik26

I love the 3 new tunes Robin released yesterday. Can't f'n wait for the new album and hopfully they will be added to the Bonnaroo lineup.
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

wolof7

woodnymph

Ghosts_on_TV

Album leaked today.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Erik26

Link for the leak?
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

wolof7

touchingmept2

So folks, how are their shows?
The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.

woodnymph