Main Menu

Fleet Foxes

Started by DavidCrosby, Jul 05, 2008, 02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolof7

This one is my favorite so far.  :)
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

Penny Lane

I really like this album so far---and i really want to NOT like it...just something about that guy
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Murph

Quote from: Penny Lane on Apr 06, 2011, 09:47 AM
I really like this album so far---and i really want to NOT like it...just something about that guy

hahahahhaha......i hear ya though.  Robin?  Who's name is Robin?

I dont think this album is anything special, but it took me a while to really get into their first one and I really do love that album, so we shall see.

bold99

I only listened to this once but i'm already falling asleep...not very good in my opinion..sounds like a not very good Crosby Still and Nash album.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: woodnymph on Mar 07, 2011, 09:06 PM
Quote from: SaraBananaBear on Mar 07, 2011, 04:32 PM
Quote from: woodnymph on Mar 07, 2011, 04:00 PM
"Hi, Robin here. I recorded three songs in LA a couple weeks ago with my friend Noah. One is a new song that's a duet with my buddy Ed Droste from the amazing band Grizzly Bear, one is a solo new song, and one is a cover. Hope you enjoy! Here's the link to download"

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MNB143XT

(These are beautiful, haunting, folk tunes written from a cabin on any mountain range you can find yourself imagining.... really lovely tunes, enjoy!!!!!!)

Thanks for the heads up miss Nymph, listening right now, sounds good! :)

Ooooo glad you like them! So glad to share the sweetness with ya there!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Have you  heard the few other solo Robin songs he recorded under the name White Antelope?? Let me know if you'd like them, he had (and may still have) them posted on their myspace; and they too are super sweet.  Solo tracks include some originals, some covers: "Wild Mountain Thyme," "False Knight On the Road," "It Ain't Me, Babe," "Guitar Duet," and "Silver Dagger."  They just always take me back to some simple beautiful time, engulfed in nature, before strip malls and highways.......  :)

A very late response, but no I haven't heard the other solo stuff and yes I'd love to have them! Been listening to FF more and more and they just get better and better.  :D Robin's twitter is hilarious as well  :thumbsup:
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

SaraBananaBear

Dear UK people, could anyone please help me get a copy of this? It seems I'm in the wrong area...  :'( http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b010p0cn/Later_Live..._with_Jools_Holland_Series_38_Episode_3/
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

wolof7

This is my first real listen to any songs beyond the title track, grown ocean and battery kinzie. I'm really impressed. I had low expectations for this but this show has sold me. Fleet foxes know what they are doing! Let's hope we get the same results with the new Bon Iver

http://www.weallwantsomeone.org/2011/04/20/download-fleet-foxes-maida-vale-session/

Ru-day

I was fortunate to score tickets for their LA show which is four dates after the album drops. Awwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!I'm totally having a listening session with a few peeps the day the album is released.   :D

dookie shoot bandit

if you guys are into these guys check out okkervil  river they have a new album out this month as well

Ru-day

Quote from: dookie shoot bandit on Apr 22, 2011, 11:27 PM
if you guys are into these guys check out okkervil  river they have a new album out this month as well

I was sent a ticket alert of theirs and since then I've been meaning to check them out. Is there a sequence I should stick to before I begin listening to them?

dookie shoot bandit

Nah but they have definitely gotten better with age... prob start with The Stage Names album, and enjoy the storytelling...

woodnymph

Quote from: SaraBananaBear on Apr 17, 2011, 01:20 PM
A very late response, but no I haven't heard the other solo stuff and yes I'd love to have them! Been listening to FF more and more and they just get better and better.  :D Robin's twitter is hilarious as well  :thumbsup:
Oh my!  Also a late response on my part here!  Check your PMs soon  8)
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

scosby2

npr is streaming helplessness blues (full album) right now...listening while i attempt to master augusta on tiger woods 12...sounds great!!

ALady

I'm not feeling it, except in spots...and I loved the debut and EP.   :-\
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Penny Lane

Quote from: ALady on Apr 25, 2011, 05:00 PM
I'm not feeling it, except in spots...and I loved the debut and EP.   :-\

me neither...
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

e_wind

sounds more Band of horses to me than fleet foxes. I'll still probably buy it.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

bluesky

listened this am early before work from NPR. It's not for me ~ too much singing in unison kind of gave me a headache

wolof7

I really think it is a great album...It is certainly not for everyone and delves deeper into that 60's forest folk acoustic & flute vocal choir vibe. It definitely defied my expectations however. Seems like Robin has improved as a singer and a songwriter. Love the opening verse to Montezuma.

Wolof can get behind this album :thumbsup: :beer:

kotchishm

For those of you on the fence about the new Fleet Foxes album Helplessness Blues, it's $3.99 on amazon today, so that should make your decision easier

http://www.amazon.com/Helplessness-Blues/dp/B004X0XA82/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1304516323&sr=8-8

I personally think it slays.
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

BH

I like it.  I think it was always going to be extremely hard for them not to sound same ol' same ol' but I think they did a great job of seperating it from the debut.    I'm sure it will still sound great with the sun beating down and my toes in the river.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.