Main Menu

Chinese Democracy

Started by Bob_Loblaw, Mar 20, 2009, 11:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Loblaw

I've just finally started listening to this CD and for the most part, it's freaking great!  If The World, Catcher In The Rye and a few others would stand up on any previous Guns album.  It's sad that the project had become such a caricature of itself it was never really taken seriously when it finally hit the streets.  If I had to choose between Axl's latest project and Slash's Velvet Revolver stint, I'd take new Guns any day.  Chuck Klosterman's review below is pretty spot on.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/chuck-klosterman-reviews-chinese-democracy,2539/

ChiefOKONO

Pretty awesome album.. it really grows on you i'd say.  a lot of people have preconceived notions but it works if you listen with an open mind!

buaawwww

The first half of the album is absolutely excellent, with Street Of Dreams and There Was A Time being my favorites.
But the very last song of the album, "Prostitute", is just incredible.

Leontheslut

I must not have listened to the same album...
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

BH

I like it.   It's a bit overproduced at first listen and the "drum machine" like sound threw me off at first, but there are definately some ass kickers on there.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Leontheslut

I would have probably liked it more if it was called something else. Axle Rose is nothing without Slash.

That's not guns and roses
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

MickeyReds

QuoteI must not have listened to the same album...
I agree. 15 years? Sounds like he made it in 15 hours.....
As long as you keep a straight face...

MickeyReds

QuoteI would have probably liked it more if it was called something else. Axle Rose is nothing without Slash.

axl rose hates you
As long as you keep a straight face...

Leontheslut

QuoteI would have probably liked it more if it was called something else. Axle Rose is nothing without Slash.

axl rose hates you
Is that because he had to give me my money back for not showing up to the Wach?  >:(