just saw Ryan Adams

Started by AllyDee, Feb 21, 2009, 01:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALady

QuoteWell, even though I knew it was coming, I was still let down by the short (2 hr) show with no encore. Great playing, great tunes - such a tight, talented band, Pemberton is one of my favorite drummers behind Pat.  I See Monsters is definitely a highlight. Also very little banter compared to shows I've heard and even from what I've read about this tour. Ryan did comment about how good the crowd was, but I assume that's done at every show. Plenty of us oldie oldsters, choder, but I didn't see a single turtleneck!My seats were pretty shitty, being off to the side where the balcony hangs over pretty low, blocking a lot of sound, but I still enjoyed it a lot. What'd you think ALady?

Ahem.  The Tulsa show was transcendent.  Jammiest I've ever seen them.  I really hope they're not really going to hang it up after this tour.  They play so well together.

I'm so pleased we got a nice long set (I'm pretty sure it was 2.5 hours?) after the short sets they'd been playing earlier this week.  Ryan was in great spirits, I thought for sure they'd come back out for an encore.  Ah well.

I normally can't stand Neal Casal; while I was annoyed that he got two (TWO?!?!) solo songs in the set, he did trade some tasty licks with Ryan in "Goodnight Rose" so all is forgiven.

I met an older gentleman from Canada on the plane who was also traveling to the show.  I believe he was wearing a turtleneck.  Not sure if he wore it to the show.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

ChronicHunger

so i just downloaded the show i went to at the mo theatre and man peaceful valley is magical

bold99

Quoteso i just downloaded the show i went to at the mo theatre and man peaceful valley is magical

I love that Jam.  Phil Lesh's band used to play that without Ryan...its so good.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

LEATHER KID

Quoteso i just downloaded the show i went to at the mo theatre and man peaceful valley is magical

I love that Jam.  Phil Lesh's band used to play that without Ryan...its so good.
I thought that was the highlight of the Friday night show in Nashville.
IT'S ALL FUCKIN' CHEESE!!