Main Menu

Bonnaroo 2009!

Started by The_Big_Come_Up, Jan 18, 2009, 02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buaawwww

DOWN IS PLAYING BONNAROO?!?!?!?!   UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!!!!!

el_chode

QuoteI also think you have the wrong idea about bonnaroo in general. 08's theme was metal? There were like, 2 metal bands there.

They had a focus on heavier music than normal, that's all I mean by that.

I've seen Coheed more than my fair share. They started out as a rip-off of At the Drive-In and wound up a rip-off of Mars Volta.
I'm surrounded by assholes

Penny Lane

i'm not too impressed (no ryan adams or black keys or jason isbell or levon) but it still looks pretty good. i'm willing to forgo the Phish sets and go back to the camp and drink while waiting for NIN and beastie boys!

i LOVE LOVE LOVE that Wilco will be there. i've never seen em. I also have never seen alejandro escovedo or lucinda williams.

who is ben harper's new band?

See you all there (probably)

what are people's camping choices? are the lot of you doing VIP or regular?
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Ghosts_on_TV

Quotei'm not too impressed (no ryan adams or black keys or jason isbell or levon) but it still looks pretty good. i'm willing to forgo the Phish sets and go back to the camp and drink while waiting for NIN and beastie boys!

i LOVE LOVE LOVE that Wilco will be there. i've never seen em. I also have never seen alejandro escovedo or lucinda williams.

I'm not doing VIP again this year. It was worth it last year, but I'm not sure if it is this year.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

capt. scotty

Quotei'm not too impressed (no ryan adams or black keys or jason isbell or levon) but it still looks pretty good. i'm willing to forgo the Phish sets and go back to the camp and drink while waiting for NIN and beastie boys!

Skip Phish?! Shame on you.

Harper's new band is that same band I PM'd you those youtube clips of a month or so ago. If I make it down there, Ill definitely be checking them out.

I wouldnt mind another superjam like 2007's with Harper, Questlove, and John Paul Jones either. That was awesome.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Penny Lane

Harper's new band is that same band I PM'd you those youtube clips of a month or so ago. If I make it down there, Ill definitely be checking them out.

I wouldnt mind another superjam like 2007's with Harper, Questlove, and John Paul Jones either. That was awesome.

oh wow, that's right! i gotta go take a look at those!! wonder when that album comes out. thanks.

capt. scotty

oh wow, that's right! i gotta go take a look at those!! wonder when that album comes out. thanks.

Its scheduled for release in May
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

ALady

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Keys added.  The other acts you named, not so sure.  I'm pretty stoked for this lineup; at first glance, I was a bit disappointed that there weren't any big surprises, but then I realized that there are a ton of bands I LOVE on that list.  Yay!

I'm hoping for a late night Wilco set.  Prepare to be amazed.  This is a band at the absolute top of their game.  Sass and I will be on the rail!

I haven't seen Alejandro Escovedo since he played my college cafeteria; SO psyched to see him.  And Lucinda, I've never managed to see her, even had tickets several times but something always got in the way.

I heard Ben Harper found his new band when an Austin cabbie played him a tape, is that true?

This is my first Roo; planning to go VIP.  Yay, see y'all there!
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

DirtyJerzee

I do regular camping, but thats only because I am usually the one that helps set up camp inforoo for the meet up on friday. Last year felt like I was going through the motions when I was there and ther crowd seemed as though they were doing the same. I know the atmosphere this year will be different. Can't wait!

Hubcap

man so stoked.  Tried to get bruce tickets up here in philly and couldnt, so im happy ill be able to see him down at roo.  

Really excited to see nin and beastie boys again.  Hopefully some more great bands will be added (KOL please)  but looks good.

TEO

I was thinking about the ready parked trailer, but good god, $3200?
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

ALady

I know, right?  I thought $3200 might not be toooo much more than VIP, especially if you split it among 6 people, but that doesn't include your tickets, does it?

capt. scotty

QuoteI know, right?  I thought $3200 might not be toooo much more than VIP, especially if you split it among 6 people, but that doesn't include your tickets, does it?

If youre splitting it with people like that, I dont see why you wouldnt go that route...Itd be basically the same price

el_chode

I could watch a four hour set of the following wilco songs played randomly over and over

at least that's what she/you said
impossible germany
spiders
i'm the man who loves you
via chicago

especially at least that's what she/you said. that song is one of the greatest songs to hear live; it's basically what happens when you line-in to a broken heart.

and impossible germany's outro melts face in the same way that lay low does - you have all these individual parts dovetailing together, falling apart, and the dovetailing together again until you either die or orgasm
I'm surrounded by assholes

Ghosts_on_TV

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Keys added.  The other acts you named, not so sure.  I'm pretty stoked for this lineup; at first glance, I was a bit disappointed that there weren't any big surprises, but then I realized that there are a ton of bands I LOVE on that list.  Yay!

I'm hoping for a late night Wilco set.  Prepare to be amazed.  This is a band at the absolute top of their game.  Sass and I will be on the rail!

I haven't seen Alejandro Escovedo since he played my college cafeteria; SO psyched to see him.  And Lucinda, I've never managed to see her, even had tickets several times but something always got in the way.

I heard Ben Harper found his new band when an Austin cabbie played him a tape, is that true?

This is my first Roo; planning to go VIP.  Yay, see y'all there!

I also would like a late night Wilco set, but I think they are going to get a pre headliner slot.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Sassbox

Tweedy, Stirratt and/or Sansone need to come sing a late night set at my tent.  One...or all three.  I ain't picky.  ;D
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

tomEisenbraun

Quoteyou have all these individual parts dovetailing together, falling apart, and the dovetailing together again until you either die or orgasm

Haha, yes!!
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

Penny Lane

QuoteI could watch a four hour set of the following wilco songs played randomly over and over

at least that's what she/you said
impossible germany
spiders
i'm the man who loves you
via chicago

especially at least that's what she/you said. that song is one of the greatest songs to hear live; it's basically what happens when you line-in to a broken heart.

and impossible germany's outro melts face in the same way that lay low does - you have all these individual parts dovetailing together, falling apart, and the dovetailing together again until you either die or orgasm

yes and also tweedy's version of hesitating beauty---i've always loved this band but in the past year have REALLY loved them; never seen them live..

Alady/Sass--i will try to be on the rails w/you for that one if i go :-)

Ghostess on TV

If this was the real list, I would be there in a heartbeat.. I'm not so sure now.

QuoteAre you looking at this?  It's fake.

ALady

QuoteI know, right?  I thought $3200 might not be toooo much more than VIP, especially if you split it among 6 people, but that doesn't include your tickets, does it?

If youre splitting it with people like that, I dont see why you wouldnt go that route...Itd be basically the same price

Right, but then you're crammed into an RV with 5 other people.  When you start dividing it up enough to approach the VIP price, it starts sounding a lot less comfortable.

Alady/Sass--i will try to be on the rails w/you for that one if i go :-)

Excellent!  We'll save you a spot   :)