Main Menu

Dark Was The Night

Started by dragonboy, Feb 16, 2009, 11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

I thought we could discuss the other tracks here, just in case some people wanted to keep the thread in The Music section for discussing El Caporal only.

I've only played That Disc so far, wasn't a bad track on it! Yo La Tengo's song is an early fav (just beautiful!) along with the Stuart Murdoch (Belle & Sebastian) track that follows it.
The Arcade Fire track is good, so is Andrew Bird's song & I like the Conor Oberst & Gillian Welch track too...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Ghosts_on_TV

That version of lua is beautiful. Probably gonna pick this up tomorrow.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

hizzo

I am quite loving this so far. I just started track 4, Bon Iver's Brackett, WI.
One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain.

hizzo

Ooh, Inspiration Information by Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings is a good one! I'm excited to get to Lua (I'm a freak about listening to the tracks in order). I've heard great things about it!

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteOoh, Inspiration Information by Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings is a good one! I'm excited to get to Lua (I'm a freak about listening to the tracks in order). I've heard great things about it!

Have you ever heard the Shuggie Otis version of Inspiration Information? Or any Shuggie for that matter? If not, check him out asap. Shuggie rules.

dragonboy

QuoteOoh, Inspiration Information by Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings is a good one! I'm excited to get to Lua (I'm a freak about listening to the tracks in order). I've heard great things about it!

Have you ever heard the Shuggie Otis version of Inspiration Information? Or any Shuggie for that matter? If not, check him out asap. Shuggie rules.
Yeah that's a great cover, follows on nicely after the Jacket.
& like Ghosts said, Inspiration Information is an essential purcahse!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

I'm really enjoying the Buck 65 Remix track (Sufjan Stevens & Serengeti) right now...

goose

I will be going to get this at 11:30 today.  Can't wait.
Hooked on four like one, two, three

BH

Going at lunch as well.....So excited! ::)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

hizzo

No, I haven't, but I'll get right on that! Thanks

Ghosts_on_TV

Number 10 on that disc is definatly not cat power amazing grace...what's up with that?

Ghosts_on_TV

Nevermind, it's 12. The order is messed up on the inside tray.

sweatboard

ha, ha HOLY SHIT I LOVE THIS !!!!!!

I got the Vinyl after work because A. I love the artists B. I trust the guy from The National to arrange it in some amazing way..... To say the least - I'm NOT disappointed.

That Sufjan track sounds like he stole Thom Yorke's laptop and invited the Kronos Quartet over to see what he had done with it.  Then they sent the laptop back in time with Trent Reznor to visit the Beatles while they were tripping balls in India to add the finishing touches.

I don't even know where to start with all of this.....but MMJ needs to play El Caporal at the next prom.

I bet Jim is still playing that Sharon Jones song over and over again.
There's Still Time.........

sweatboard

I lost my breath dancing to the Spoon song. The Yeasayers song is bordering on the best song I've ever heard.  I could go on and on....

I bet FACE (Jenny) just keeps listening to the first part of this record over and over again.  Dirty Projectors, Grizzly Bear, Feist.

The National, Yeasayers and My Brightest Diamond songs....back to back to back homeruns!!

sweatboard

You know, I've talked as much shit as anybody about Conor Oberst but his last record is one of my favorites from last year and Lua with Gillian Welch is amazing.  Probably my favorite collaboration on the record, and that is saying a lot.  

aMillionDreams

I haven't heard the new record but I heard a track off it on the radio yesterday and couldn't believe it was him, I'll have to get it a good listen.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

BH

That Sufjan track sounds like he stole Thom Yorke's laptop and invited the Kronos Quartet over to see what he had done with it.  Then they sent the laptop back in time with Trent Reznor to visit the Beatles while they were tripping balls in India to add the finishing touches.

Ha!  Yes!  The two sufjan stevens songs are some of my favorties!  I guees I need some of  his music.  Also love the Yo La Tengo, Lua is amazing, and the Spoon song is a perfect song to kick off disc 2.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

sweatboard

The end of The Decemberists song.......make sure you have it turned all the way up.    :o

The DARK

Wow...that cover of Cello Song is really beautiful.

Also loving the National track. I was getting worried after the Virginia ep, but now I have high hopes for whatever they'll put out next.
In another time, in another place, in another face