Main Menu

The Parlor Mob

Started by capt._headdy, Apr 07, 2009, 10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

Well I just randomly decided to check a website to see what shows are coming to the Burgh, and lucky me I find out that this little band is coming on Friday and tix are only $8 !!!

I found a lot of new bands that I liked last year, but Parlor Mob might actually end up being my favorite. I think anyone who likes Zeppelin or likes the MMJ songs that rock your pants off (well, I guess thats everybody here probably ;D) will like The Mob. Just pure, straight to the dome bluesy rock for the most part, but acoustic and slower songs sound great as well.

The Parlor Mob - Everything You're Breathing For

The Parlor Mob- Bullet

The Parlor Mob - Cant Keep No Good Boy Down
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

so nothing? not even a "this band blows"?!

anyhow, I saw them last weekend. The spot I saw them at could probably hold 1000 if packed, but there was only like 50-60 people here for this show. Despite that, they rocked out. With that, the acoustics and soundboard guy were horrible. Whenever there was a solo or something, that instrument was never raised to hear better. It was even worse for the vocals, they were pretty much inaudible the entire time.

I dont know how much that has to do with the sound guy vs. the venue, but I gotta think more goes on the sound guy.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Leontheslut

This band blows  :P
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

capt. scotty

QuoteThis band blows  :P

So do the Flyers

capt. scotty

BUMP

Just found out new album due this summer..Im stoked. Hopefully I can get a few more people into them this time around. They definitely span a lot of styles. I think even the Heavy Metal! thread fans would dig them. New songs they have in the background of this In-Studio vid sound pretty sweet. This is the first studio vid they have out of 3 at the moment.

The Parlor Mob In-Studio Episode 1

capt. scotty

New album came out last week. I dont think I'll end up liking it quite as much as their debut, but its still pretty solid. Tracks 2-4 are pretty formulaic singles but still have some nice bridges/solo. The thing Im most perplexed about is there are 3 bonus tracks, and all 3 would be in my top 5 for the album. I dont know why they didnt include them on the physical album. I burned a CD with the bonus tracks included and reordered them and cut out a song I dont like. Im liking it even more because now it doesnt sag in the beginning.

After All- The Parlor Mob

Believers-The Parlor Mob

The Parlor Mob - The Beginning

marino13

I have a song of theirs from a free Lollapalooza sampler.  Always thought I needed to dig deeper after hearing it.  I'll check out these clips when I'm at home.  Thanks for the heads-up.