Van Morrison - Moondance

Started by EC, Mar 13, 2007, 08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob

The Tupelo Honey album never worked for me. 2-3 good songs, don't care for the rest......seems like filler.

Astral Weeks & Moondance have been remastered and are being reissued on vinyl only for now, with the original mix of Into The Mystic used, complete with tambourine. I think these come out later this month.......at least Moondance does.
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

TheBigChicken

TEO not a fan of VM ?  I think I need to stage an intervention...This is truly disheartening news this early in the morning or is it late at night.... :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Larson

I feel like St. Dominicks Preview isnt getting as much love as I feel it deserves.
It is a amazing album, with a killer title track, some great r&b stuff and of course Van the Mans greatest song ever.....Listen to the Lion.

If you are not familier with Listen to the Lion, its roughly 10 minutes long, full of Van doing his trademark improvising and taking a word and stretching it out and changing it into something amazing. Also he growls like a lion, so its got that going for it.

I do like the version on "Its too late to stop know" better, because the caledonia soul ochestra's horn section really does a good job of keeping up with Van. It it my suggestion that all on the board at least give it a chance.

..........And we sailed, and we sailed, and we sailed...
Away from denmark
Way up to caledonia..........

If you know the song that should make you smile!!
Wine, Woman, and Song

dragonboy

+ St. Dominic's Preview was due for re-release on the 12th but my copy still hasn't shipped  :-/

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

bold99

I'll always love the 2 disc Them release with Van.  Great early stuff, blues.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

Jbones72

A friend of mine just got me a ticket for the 27th show! It's gonna be expensive...but worth every penny!

capt. scotty

Those Astral Weeks shows are going to be stupendous...I would think they will record and release 1 night/combination, but who knows, I hope so at least.

Ive been trying to listen to some Astral Weeks on youtube (eventhough I own it), but seriously I dont think 1 song's original version is on there....What a load of shit. Youtubers need to upgrade  >:(
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Jbones72

Early Onsale SATURDAY!
Van Morrison - "Astral Weeks" Live
Beacon Theatre •  March 3 & 4

Van Morrison
Early On Sale:

Sat., 2/7 at 9AM –
Thurs., 2/12 at 10PM

Van Morrison will perform "Astral Weeks" and his classic songs at the Beacon Theatre on March 3 & 4.

2 nights – 2 sets – 2 backing bands

American Express cardmembers have access to advance tickets SATURDAY, February 7 at 9AM – Thursday, February 12 at 10PM, before they go on sale to the general public on Friday, February 13 at 9AM.

Jbones72

The show Saturday night was amazing, he played the hits set first then came back with "Astral Weeks" and a encore of  "Listen to the Lion" and "Gloria". He also played "Comfortably Numb" during the first set!

Penny Lane

QuoteThe show Saturday night was amazing, he played the hits set first then came back with "Astral Weeks" and a encore of  "Listen to the Lion" and "Gloria". He also played "Comfortably Numb" during the first set!

i heard that show was awesome! wow-comfortably numb...
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Jbones72

QuoteThe show Saturday night was amazing, he played the hits set first then came back with "Astral Weeks" and a encore of  "Listen to the Lion" and "Gloria". He also played "Comfortably Numb" during the first set!

i heard that show was awesome! wow-comfortably numb...

That did surprise me when he played it, a couple of people around me didn't know the song! I wish I could afford to see him again at the Beacon!

meggha

This album is one of those life-changing ones. When I first started listening to it (really listening), I was blown away.
"Yeah, it's chaos, it's clocks, it's watermelons, it's everything."

Leontheslut

For sure!

Moondance plays like a greatest hits album. It's actually better then what Van released as a greatest hits!
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Clarkwork

One of my favorite Van moments is him singing Caravan on "The Last Waltz".  He steals the show in my opinion.  I just got a Blu-ray copy of that movie and it is amazing.  

Van is the man
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....