Nick Cave Appreciation Thread

Started by ratsprayer, Oct 01, 2005, 10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red

The first four classic albums will be available as remastered collectors editions in March 2009. Each album will come as a CD & DVD set digitally remastered and repckaged with b-sides, videos and new sleeve notes, 5.1 Surround Sound and an exclusive new film about each album by UK artists Iain Forsyth and Jane Pollard. There will be a deluxe box available to hold all 14 reissued studio albums.

MarkW

Nice nice nice.  Better start making space on my shelves right now...
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

red

mick harvey left the bad seeds.   :'(

Sassbox

Aw, I saw that earlier.  :'( Makes me glad I caught both DC shows a few months ago.
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

dragonboy

That really is too bad. I hope he left on good terms but I guess not...

From the ever reliable Wikipedia  ;)

"On January 22nd 2009 Mute Records issued a statement from Mick Harvey announcing that he was leaving the band after 25 years citing professional and personal reasons."
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Sassbox

God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

red

What an amazing picture db!  I think I need to get my hands on that Mojo.  

red

What an amazing picture db!  I think I need to get my hands on that Mojo.  

MarkW

QuoteWhat an amazing picture db!  I think I need to get my hands on that Mojo.  

I was at that show - the whole band was on fire.  That Mojo is a must!
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

dragonboy

Along with Uncut I've been reading Mojo for years now. The export company that sent copies to Japan has just gone bankrupt! No Mojo for me anymore?!! What to do  :'(

dragonboy

MarkW

Along with Uncut I've been reading Mojo for years now. The export company that sent copies to Japan has just gone bankrupt! No Mojo for me anymore?!! What to do  :'(

Email me your address and I'll send a monthly copy to you...  :)

MarkW

Quotehttp://www.mojo4music.com/blog/2009/01/nick_caves_greatest_albums10.html

Let Love In @ No9?!! Shame on you Mojo readers, that's just silly  :-/

And Dig!!! at number 2?  It's good, but his second-best ever?

xmascriminal

Quotehttp://www.mojo4music.com/blog/2009/01/nick_caves_greatest_albums10.html

Let Love In @ No9?!! Shame on you Mojo readers, that's just silly  :-/

And Dig!!! at number 2?  It's good, but his second-best ever?

What about HENRY'S DREAM?

I think Abattoir Blues is his best. My favorite by far anyway.

dragonboy

Email me your address and I'll send a monthly copy to you...  :)
Tower Records use a different supplier so I've ordered my magazines with them from next month. My sister picked me up a copy of this month's Mojo & has sent it out to me but thanks so much for your kind offer Mark, you're a True gent!

Yeah I agree with both of you. Dig is great but No2?! The Good Son @ No6 but no Henry's Dream?!! Silliness I tells ya!

dragonboy

My Fav NC&TBS albums (list would probably change though if I did another next one week):

1) Let Love In
2) The Boatman's Call
3) Henry's Dream (the 2nd Nick Cave album I bought after Let Love In)
4) Tender Prey
5) Abattoir Blues/The Lyre of Orpheus
6) No More Shall We Part
7) Murder Ballads
8) Dig!!! Lazarus Dig!!!
9) The Good Son
10) Kicking Against the Pricks

I love Live Seed too, didn't put it on the list because it's a live album. Still need to buy his debut (shame on me!)

red

Ed Kuepper joined the Bad Seeds!!!

Dee.

I have been listening to a lot of Nocturama. Didn't have it on my iPod for a long time. Hott stuff.

Not from that album but beautiful

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKlaV-9Vzsk[/media]