Black Keys Jim Jones and Mos Def...

Started by bold99, Jun 05, 2009, 08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bold99

Interesting...I don't like many rappers but I like Mos Def.

Jim Jones has a Twitter, and he's not afraid to use it. Usually, though, the Harlem rapper and Dipset capo spends his time microblogging about his workout routine, which is really not all that riveting. But last night, Jones offered a legitimately intriguing nugget of information: "I'm on my way to me the black keys a new rock n roll group then summer jam rehearsal lg."

Jim Jones going to me (meet, I guess?) the Black Keys is a fun image, but it's not quite newsworthy. This morning, though, Jones Twittered the follow-up: "Aight back to our reg schedule I did some dope music with black keys and mos def last night def a good rock n roll experience." That does sound like a good rock n roll experience!

Reps for both Mos Def and the Black Keys confirm that this unholy quartet did in fact record something together last night, though nobody seems to know what exactly they were working on. "Its not set for release yet anywhere," Mos Def's publicist says via email. "They were just in the studio collaborating."

The combination of conscious freak Mos and unrepentant knucklehead Jones would be pretty weird just by itself, but when you throw Akron's finest blues-garage duo into the mix, things careen headlong into WTF territory.

Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

red

Crazy.

I really hope that Black Keys & Ike Turner material surfaces sometime soon.

.Walt

Hmmm, I'm very interested about this. The Keys have much street cred.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction