No Bonnaroo for My Morning Jacket?

Started by lessintent, May 21, 2009, 03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lessintent

For some reason I thought they were on the line up but their name isn't on there anywhere... Anyone know any details on this or did I just imagine this in my head?

Some of the headliners are completely out of left field... Bruce Springsteen, beastie boys, al green????

BH

It must have been wishful thinking.  They were never on this year's lineup.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Penny Lane

QuoteFor some reason I thought they were on the line up but their name isn't on there anywhere... Anyone know any details on this or did I just imagine this in my head?

Some of the headliners are completely out of left field... Bruce Springsteen, beastie boys, al green????

how so?
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

capt. scotty

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Leontheslut

Al green is still alive?  :o :o :o whoa
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

capt. scotty

QuoteAl green is still alive?  :o :o :o whoa

He came out with an album last year! Sounded good from what I heard.

The godfather of soul is gone, the reverend is still alive and kicking

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukdpwHZOMxM[/media]
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Leontheslut

People need to cut MMJ some slack. These guys have been touring for many years straight. I don't blame them if they take off next year too.
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

Vadie Stark

QuotePeople need to cut MMJ some slack. These guys have been touring for many years straight. I don't blame them if they take off next year too.

Dear Mister Fantasy play us a tune
Something to make us all happy
Do anything take us out of this gloom
Sing a song, play guitar
Make it snappy
You are the one who can make us all laugh
But doing that you break out in tears
Please don't be sad if it was a straight mind you had
We wouldn't have known you all these years
Oooo Ahhhhh
Oooo Ahhhhh
Oooo Ahhhhh
Oooo Ahhhhh Ahhhhh

Sing a song, play guitar
Make it snappy
Yeah, yeah

Sing a song, play guitar
Make it snappy
You are the one who can make us all laugh
But doing that you break out in tears
Please don't be sad if it was a straight mind you had
We wouldn't have known you all these years
                               ;)                                                              
Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

bold99

Al Green is the S$#Hit.  I saw him in Memphis a few years ago and he brought the house down.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

ALady

Al Green is probably my most anticipated act at Roo.  That album last year was absolutely fantastic - I highly recommend picking it up if you like soul, or have a soul.   ;D
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Leontheslut

QuoteAl Green is probably my most anticipated act at Roo.  That album last year was absolutely fantastic - I highly recommend picking it up if you like soul, or have a soul.   ;D
I'm a ginger, we gingers don't have souls!

ALady

bslaby1

So what do people think about the possibility of Jim James showing up to Bonnaroo this year?  I'm not talking about being on the line up, but I was thinking...it may be very possible that he could sit in with Erykah Badu on "Tyrone."  As far as know, the band is taking a break and Jim seems to love Bonnaroo.  Here's to wishful thinking!

ALady

I was thinking about that last night.  There are certainly plenty of bands on the lineup that they're friendly with...wonder if they might just show up to check 'em out?

lessintent

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1123182

this lists the sets from roo that are gonna be on tv this weekend.. pretty much the ones you would guess, but should be cool if you didn't catch the show