Main Menu

Bonnaroo 2009?

Started by Im_The_Dude, Jan 21, 2009, 11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

this petition has my signature
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

GetDoWnOnIT

Since the Evil Urges tour is done they should go to Bonnaroo and use it as a way to play their older stuff.  Give back to the fans that have been digging the sound from the beginning.  That, and some killer covers!!!
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make

ArlGonzalez6

i mean if anything, the festival should bring them inspiration, peace, love and harmony for their next album.

lol

and maybe some phycadellic experiences. :0)

Bug

Amen. Bring it on. My two favorite bands..... Phish and MMJ. That would make the Roo extra cherry on top.

goose

I think they should play an acoustic set, Saturday afternoon, in That Tent.  Like the bridge school, except way fucking better.
Hooked on four like one, two, three

thebugman

i will take anything, just play brothers play
four on the floor and four in the air....

Hubcap

QuoteI think they should play an acoustic set, Saturday afternoon, in That Tent.  Like the bridge school, except way fucking better.

i mean that would be pretty cool, but if they where to go to roo, would you really only want them to play acoustic?  I know i would be really dissapointed.

But yea, i was lucky enough to see them last year at roo, and it was by far the best show i have ever seen in my life.  Just an unreal performance.  

goose

QuoteI think they should play an acoustic set, Saturday afternoon, in That Tent.  Like the bridge school, except way fucking better.

i mean that would be pretty cool, but if they where to go to roo, would you really only want them to play acoustic?  I know i would be really dissapointed.

But yea, i was lucky enough to see them last year at roo, and it was by far the best show i have ever seen in my life.  Just an unreal performance.  

I saw them last year as well.  I think it would be great to see them play an acoustic set.  All the yay-hoos would leave if they didn't like that there wasn't metal to get crazy on.  Just some hippies, and real fans.  Don't get me wrong, the show last year was fucking amazing, 2006 was awesome, and 2004 was amazing (note:  all adjectives are interchangeable)

masterplanjohn

Idk about all this acoustic only talk, but if they are at Roo... I will be too :)

hizzo

I would love this more than anything, but I'm not getting my hopes up...
One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain.

Ghosts_on_TV

It's going to be Jim solo, if anything at all. No need to beg, they aren't playing.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

capt. scotty

QuoteIt's going to be Jim solo, if anything at all. No need to beg, they aren't playing.

Id take that in a second

Perfect hangover helper on saturday or sunday morning
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteIt's going to be Jim solo, if anything at all. No need to beg, they aren't playing.

Id take that in a second

Perfect hangover helper on saturday or sunday morning

Me too. Plus, he could sit in with the decemberists.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

hizzo

Anything Jim James/My Morning Jacket at the farm and I will be joyous!  :D
One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain.

goldenlady

highly unlikely they will be there....

Yim Yames solo or MMJ whatever way they would play would seal the deal for me...

but dont get your hopes up...Def dont mean to be a downer...

Richard

PLEASE PLAY......I'm travelling from Newfoundland to check out Bannaroo this year.

I'M BEGGING YOU GUYS......PLEASE PLAY!!!!!

Hubcap

if he puts out a show like at that newport folk festival i would love that.

goose

if he puts out a show like at that newport folk festival i would love that.

That's how I feel.  Or Maybe a Jim and friends a la Dave.  That would be pretty awesome.

Seth

I agree.  My heart sank when I saw My Morning Jacket was not yet on the list.  Last year MMJ was declared the kings of Bonnaroo, and I naturally thought they would be among the first to be asked back.

But, I can't imagine Bonnaroo ignoring a band that's been great for the festival.  And I have to say, if MMJ goes to Bonnaroo, I could not help but think what I might miss.  I'll be there with you guys, MMJ.

All the best.

oxxys

I know they need to play and dig deep into their catalog!