Main Menu

Twitter

Started by entourage, Apr 15, 2009, 11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

entourage

Hello all...  new here, obviously.  

Does anyone know if any of the guys are on Twitter?  I know a lot of musicians are and didn't know if MMJ was, too.

Do you guys use it?

Have a good day.  :P

Bigsky

Welcome to the forum entourage...

I don't think so...I hope none of the boys are on there. I'm not 100% sure what Twitter is. I know it's a bunch of people texting each other, but it all sounds a little gay. I personally think texting is stupid and very annoying. I can't stand when you are hanging out with someone and they're texting with someone else; or when the clerk at the check out counter is texting when they should be working. I know it's a great way to communicate, but when is it going to stop. Next thing you know people will be sexting...that's right...people have sex with each other using their texting devices. I'm sure this already goes on. Then everyone will have blisters on their thumbs, and no one wants that.

Entourage...please don't let my remarks allow any disrespect...and I apologize for going on a rant about texting.

AMightyCaporal

QuoteWelcome to the forum entourage...

I don't think so...I hope none of the boys are on there. I'm not 100% sure what Twitter is. I know it's a bunch of people texting each other, but it all sounds a little gay. I personally think texting is stupid and very annoying. I can't stand when you are hanging out with someone and they're texting with someone else; or when the clerk at the check out counter is texting when they should be working. I know it's a great way to communicate, but when is it going to stop. Next thing you know people will be sexting...that's right...people have sex with each other using their texting devices. I'm sure this already goes on. Then everyone will have blisters on their thumbs, and no one wants that.

Entourage...please don't let my remarks allow any disrespect...and I apologize for going on a rant about texting.

ACTUALLY people do sext... it was on the news- no lie man, they call it sexting too.  I'm on to you Evil- I know what dirty deeds you are up to- and now I know who sent me that nekked buttocks picture message!
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

tjd

It is not exactly texting.  It is posting 'status updates' through out the day to let people know what you are up to.  I started an account and am not that impressed...however I do like it for the news.  Pitchfork always tweets great music news.  

You can also follow celebrities like shaq, john mayer, lance armstrong, dave mathews, etc.  BUT there posts are a bunch of non-sense and I feel dumber for reading them.  

I looked for Jim James and had no luck.  I would actually be interested to see the band members on twitter.  

Cameron

i would sign up if they were.  jim's random thoughts in interviews usually make me laugh so i would read it.

bjdavis

i dont know much about sexting...but im on twitter...and so are jim and tom. i have no idea about the other guys...i found jim and tom through linda...(mspark is her twitter name).

it could be someone pretending to be jim...but he never posts anything...linda park used to follow him but she doesnt anymore...im not sure if its because hes a fake...or if its because he never posts anything.

they dont talk about mmj on it too much though...no one follows tom...im sure its because no one even realizes who he is...a lot of people do follow linda...

i dont follow linda anymore because shes always doing these random surveys for her blog...and im not sure what the purpose is...maybe they are fun - maybe i just dont get it.

maybe im just no fun. maybe i should start sexting.

Sparkle

QuoteI personally think texting is stupid and very annoying. I can't stand when you are hanging out with someone and they're texting with someone

Yeah, this is also one thing I can't handle - recently took a friend to see M. Ward and she spent the whole evening texting her new guy. So annoying  >:(

Also don't really get Twitter though...

TGMC421

QuoteI personally think texting is stupid and very annoying. I can't stand when you are hanging out with someone and they're texting with someone

Yeah, this is also one thing I can't handle - recently took a friend to see M. Ward and she spent the whole evening texting her new guy. So annoying  >:(

Also don't really get Twitter though...

Ah, hell no!  I'm taking a text-crazy friend to see M. Ward next week, and I wouldn't be surprised if she pulled the same shit.  

goose

I do not twitter, and I have no earthly idea what it means.  However, I check yahoo's front line stories every day at work and this was on there today.  Ashton Kutcher beat out CNN as being the first person to have 1 million twitters.  I guess that's how you would says it.  Who the f%@& knows anyway.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/ashton-kutcher-becomes-first-twitter-member-to-net-1-million-followers/21414?nc
Hooked on four like one, two, three

Penny Lane

QuoteI do not twitter, and I have no earthly idea what it means.  However, I check yahoo's front line stories every day at work and this was on there today.  Ashton Kutcher beat out CNN as being the first person to have 1 million twitters.  I guess that's how you would says it.  Who the f%@& knows anyway.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/ashton-kutcher-becomes-first-twitter-member-to-net-1-million-followers/21414?nc

goose i have no idea what twittering is, either.

is one twitter a twat?
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Sparkle

QuoteI do not twitter, and I have no earthly idea what it means.  However, I check yahoo's front line stories every day at work and this was on there today.  Ashton Kutcher beat out CNN as being the first person to have 1 million twitters.  I guess that's how you would says it.  Who the f%@& knows anyway.

goose i have no idea what twittering is, either.

is one twitter a twat?

;D ;D ;D

goldenlady

bjdavis...you can sext me anytime:)

CC

i don't know who that one is but it's not jim or mmj.
maybe it's christopher walken, he's everywhere on twitter and mad as a hatter!

el_chode

I thought walken got deleted?

Anyway, I follow a bunch of brewers on there and they release little stories and updates on what they're brewing.

Likewise, in conjunction, I have one about what breweries I'm visiting or what I'm drinking.

Combined, it can add up to free schwag

Beyond that, I think the thing is fairly stupid for it's more common applications. I would think anyone who is either (a) touring or (b) not touring would not have the time to twitter because either (a) they're on tour or (b) if I wasn't on tour, I'd be wandering around the woods sleeping in grassy meadows or some shit because I was tired of being around cities and people
I'm surrounded by assholes

BIGVICLBI

Five years ago i would have wondered why anybody would hang around an internet forum and read other peolpe's thoughts who you don't know. What a meaningless waste of time ;D

goose

Better than twittering (hope that's right.... Oh who really gives a shit anyway!)
Hooked on four like one, two, three

Bigsky

If you Twitter than you must be a Twat... ;D