Currently Listening To...

Started by CC, Dec 23, 2010, 08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CC

Crispy

Looks like a certain thread needs to get restarted...

Tame Impala
Remember Me (Blueboy Cover Version)
from Rough Trade Exclusive bonus disc for Innerspeaker
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

SaraBananaBear

Villagers! I've only played this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WsEMq0nlms
a few hundred times or so lately...  :) And yes he looks pretty similar to a certain someone and yes his name is Conor O'Brien...   :o

Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

woodnymph

Hehe Sara  :P :P I'll hafta give yr 'tube a listen there!

For now it's Clapton Unplugged... smooth as 1 million silken strands from a rare and exotic spider... or something else exceptionally smoooooove  :-X
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

TheBigChicken

lots and lots and some more DrDog ;D
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

kydiddle

Girls: Broken Dreams Club.

Great background music for the nonstop data entry I'm working on today.
Cow temperature.

wolof7

Quote from: kydiddle on Dec 29, 2010, 02:11 PM

Definitely good stuff there. You should check out DOM which I posted about a few days ago. They are very similar and oft-compared to Girls.

Right now I am listening to Beach House - Teen Dream and following this will be listening to Titus Andronicus - The Monitor as both are offered for free on www.spinner.com under full cd listening party
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

kydiddle

Quote from: wolof7 on Dec 29, 2010, 02:46 PM
Quote from: kydiddle on Dec 29, 2010, 02:11 PM

Definitely good stuff there. You should check out DOM which I posted about a few days ago. They are very similar and oft-compared to Girls.

Right now I am listening to Beach House - Teen Dream and following this will be listening to Titus Andronicus - The Monitor as both are offered for free on www.spinner.com under full cd listening party

Awesome. Thanks.

Spinner has a ton of great albums up. Really enjoyed Two Door Cinema Club on there, too.
Cow temperature.

Ruckus

Got my ass kicked at work today but managed to get through two full listens of Quadrophenia.  Hadn't given it a listen in a year or so.  Awesomeness 8)  Entwistle is the man!
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

FiddleCastro

Quote from: Ruckus on Dec 29, 2010, 08:12 PM
Got my ass kicked at work today but managed to get through two full listens of Quadrophenia.  Hadn't given it a listen in a year or so.  Awesomeness 8)  Entwistle is the man!
My favorite album of all time. Rock On Mr. Ruckus
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Crispy

Quote from: FiddleCastro on Dec 30, 2010, 03:40 AM
Oh man, thanks for this reminder! Gonna have to give the soundtrack a spin when I get home too. Just watched The Kids Are Alright the other day -- lots of Who time machine goodness lately.
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

Ruckus

Quote from: Crispy on Dec 30, 2010, 10:29 AM
Oh man, thanks for this reminder! Gonna have to give the soundtrack a spin when I get home too. Just watched The Kids Are Alright the other day -- lots of Who time machine goodness lately.
What can you not say about them?!  Ooh, which reminds me.  Time to go make another thread. ;D

weeniebeenie

Quote from: Ruckus on Dec 30, 2010, 10:44 AM
What can you not say about them?!  Ooh, which reminds me.  Time to go make another thread. ;D
This is a strange coincidence as Quadrophenia is on TV tonight.
I love Johns Bass in The Real Me. Insane. :o
How loud can silence get?

ralph

The Church - untitled #23

Recommended to me by my local record store guy. He described it as a mix of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, The Soft Bulletin and OK Computer. If you're a fan of any of those records then this is definitely worth checking out. It's a pretty stunning album...
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

Ruckus

Quote from: weeniebeenie on Dec 31, 2010, 01:17 AM
Quote from: Ruckus on Dec 30, 2010, 10:44 AM
This is a strange coincidence as Quadrophenia is on TV tonight.
I love Johns Bass in The Real Me. Insane. :o
So right Weenie.  I love him on that as well.  It's a classic example of Pete and John exchanging roles with Townsend being a straight rhythm guy while Entwistle noodles in the higher octaves playing lead bass.  Sweetness!

Ruckus

Quote from: ralph on Dec 31, 2010, 05:54 PM
The Church - untitled #23

Recommended to me by my local record store guy. He described it as a mix of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, The Soft Bulletin and OK Computer. If you're a fan of any of those records then this is definitely worth checking out. It's a pretty stunning album...
I will check it out Ralph.  I remember them being on the World Cafe or some other public radio programming and liking what I heard though I sorely despised their name.  They've got quite an expansive discography and I hear their live shows are great.

TheBigChicken

Dr Dog - Shame,Shame ;) goooood lissnenn :-*
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Penny Lane

THE BAND OF HEATHENS (OMFG) ....I'm late getting on this...but they're wonderful.

oh and also Waylon Jennings...been dreaming about him, too....weird
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Penny Lane

streaming the new Decemberists---i'm diggin it!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

kydiddle

Quote from: Penny Lane on Jan 03, 2011, 11:36 PM
streaming the new Decemberists---i'm diggin it!

You stole my post, Penny Lane!

Sign in under your other name...I miss calling you a newb.
Cow temperature.