What Show Did You Just See?

Started by CC, Dec 23, 2010, 08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdb810

Quote from: ralph on Mar 24, 2011, 09:03 AM
I just watched Eddie Vedder cover NIN's Hurt. I can honestly say I never thought I would see that! Great show tonight, my fave so far...

excellent!
.....Back at the Model Home

nuggets

Just saw the Rads 4 nights in a row. So bummed that Ed is leaving. They are really tearing it up right now. If you have a chance go see 'em before it's over.
http://www.theradiators.org/index3.php
The Radiators - Stealin a Feelin' - Paramount Theatre - Rutland, VT - March 16, 2011
Oh shit, run!

MarkW

Primal Scream - Screamadelica Live - at the Brixton Academy last Friday 25th.  Great gig, marred by talkers during "Damaged" and other quiet passages.  Ho hum.

Never seen so many middle aged E-casualties in one place!

Primal Scream "Movin' on Up" @ Brixton Academy 25/3/11

They seem to sort the sound from about 2.00 onwards...

The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

Ru-day

I just saw Sharon Van Etten at the Detroit Bar in Costa Mesa. Blown away from her mazing talent, and pure soul. She's amazing live!! Must see show if she comes to town.  :D

MMJ_fanatic

Friday night I saw Todd Rundgren performing his albums "Todd" and "Healing"--great great show, can't recommend it enough.  If you have a chance to see him do it!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

dragonboy

Arbouretum last week, Elbow last night - both were top shows, Elbow put on an excellent arena show!!!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

MarkW

Roger Waters doing The Wall in Barcelona on Tuesday night.  It's the most incredible thing I've ever seen on a stage;  sound and visuals were spot on.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

johnnYYac

Quote from: MarkW on Mar 31, 2011, 04:53 AM
Roger Waters doing The Wall in Barcelona on Tuesday night.  It's the most incredible thing I've ever seen on a stage;  sound and visuals were spot on.
That's quite a testimonial.  I've heard the same from many others.  He was in nearby Boston a few months back but it was midweek and EXPENSIVE.  I imagine it was a sight more intense than when I caught his Pros and Cons tour way back when.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

MarkW

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 31, 2011, 11:14 AM
That's quite a testimonial.  I've heard the same from many others.  He was in nearby Boston a few months back but it was midweek and EXPENSIVE.  I imagine it was a sight more intense than when I caught his Pros and Cons tour way back when.

The four of us who went (and we've all been to our fair share of gigs) agreed that it was impossible to rank amongst the live shows we've seen before:  it sits on its own as a sensory experience.

dragonboy

The legendary Josh T Pearson on top form last night...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

aperlst

Quote from: MarkW on Mar 31, 2011, 11:48 AM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 31, 2011, 11:14 AM

The four of us who went (and we've all been to our fair share of gigs) agreed that it was impossible to rank amongst the live shows we've seen before:  it sits on its own as a sensory experience.

Indeed The Wall stands on it's own as far as concert experience.  I saw the Roger Waters tour in L.A. and in Phoenix, and had great seats for both.  By the way, by great seats, I do NOT mean in the first 5 rows.  To really experience this one the best seats (in my opinion) were the back of the floor, 10-15 rows up on the back wall, center. 

The visuals were just amazing, and the music... well it speaks for itself, right?

-Adam

MarkW

Quote from: aperlst on Apr 03, 2011, 01:57 PM
The visuals were just amazing, and the music... well it speaks for itself, right?

-Adam

It's not my favourite Floyd album by a long chalk, but the combination of music and images was flawless.  Glad you enjoyed it too, aperlst!  :thumbsup:

Tracy 2112

Rush in Nashville last night. Pretty amazing how after 35 plus years this guys still bring it! 3 hours of music. Neil Peart is as mind blowing as ever. They played Moving Pictures in its entirety. And visually a stunning show! Rock and roll. Catch them if you can! Set list below:

Set 1:
The Spirit of Radio
Time Stand Still
Presto
Stick It Out
Workin' Them Angels
Leave That Thing Alone
Faithless
BU2B
Freewill
Marathon
Subdivisions

--Intermission--

Set 2:
Tom Sawyer
Red Barchetta
YYZ
Limelight
The Camera Eye
Witch Hunt
Vital Signs
Caravan
Drum Solo (Love 4 Sale)
Closer to the Heart (with Alex acoustic intro)
2112 Overture/Temples of Syrinx
Far Cry

Encore:

La Villa Strangiato
Working Man

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Crispy

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Apr 04, 2011, 08:51 AM
Rush in Nashville last night. Pretty amazing how after 35 plus years this guys still bring it! 3 hours of music. Neil Peart is as mind blowing as ever. They played Moving Pictures in its entirety. And visually a stunning show! Rock and roll. Catch them if you can! Set list below:

Set 1:
The Spirit of Radio
Time Stand Still
Presto
Stick It Out
Workin' Them Angels
Leave That Thing Alone
Faithless
BU2B
Freewill
Marathon
Subdivisions

--Intermission--

Set 2:
Tom Sawyer
Red Barchetta
YYZ
Limelight
The Camera Eye
Witch Hunt
Vital Signs
Caravan
Drum Solo (Love 4 Sale)
Far Cry

Encore:

La Villa Strangiato
Working Man

A-W-E-S-O-M-E. Subdivisions! 2112! LVS! Did they play the reggaed-out Working Man?  ;)
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Crispy on Apr 04, 2011, 09:05 AM
Did they play the reggaed-out Working Man?  ;)

Yes they did. And they even "one upped" finishing it off reggae-style; they started WM reggae-style! But they finished it with a Cygnus X-1 snippet.

from September last year:

Rush Time Machine Tour 2010- "Working Man" with Reggae Intro (HD) Live on 9-2-2010

LVS from August (same lights, stage, etc... as last night)

[HD] Rush - La Villa Strangiato - Allentown, PA 8/31/10

Ruckus

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Apr 04, 2011, 08:51 AM

Set 1:
The Spirit of Radio
Time Stand Still
Presto
Stick It Out
Workin' Them Angels
Leave That Thing Alone
Faithless
BU2B
Freewill
Marathon
Subdivisions

--Intermission--

Set 2:
Tom Sawyer
Red Barchetta
YYZ
Limelight
The Camera Eye
Witch Hunt
Vital Signs
Caravan
Drum Solo (Love 4 Sale)
Far Cry

Encore:

La Villa Strangiato
Working Man
Simply Phenomenal!  I see that they are playing BU2B and Caravan.  I haven't been checking setlists but I'd take anything remotely resembling this.  Leave That Thing Alone!

Was Closer to the Heart just the song or did Geddy break it down on the back end ala Different Stages?
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 04, 2011, 10:50 AM
Was Closer to the Heart just the song or did Geddy break it down on the back end ala Different Stages?

They close in reggae style. In fact, they closed every song on the list reggae style, except WM...

Seriously though, they do a different ending to CTTH but it's not Geddy slappin da bass ala DS.

Here it tis

[HD] Rush - Closer To The Heart - Allentown, PA 8/31/10

kydiddle

Went to The Strokes/LCD Soundsystem double-whammy last weekend in NYC. Stayed with the lovely hostess bluesky and had a fabulous weekend. A bunch of folks on here are friends with me on facebook and were victims of my updates, so I won't delve into it too much. I adore The Strokes and they put on a great rock show. The crowd was a little less than awesome as the bros behind me would NOT shut up and the couple two rows down, and in my line of vision, took about 7,319 pictures of themselves (with the flash on). The Elvis Costello guest spot on Taken for a Fool was a nice surprise, but I only caught the end of his last song during the opener. I didn't even realize who it was at first because I was so flustered with getting there late. I had to text Fiddle: "What's going on? Who is the opener?" For shame, kydiddle...

The LCD show blew my mindhole even though we were in the 400 level. From up above it was amazing to see the energy of the crowd. They played for 3.5 hours which is admirable and an excellent way to say goodbye. And as a side note (I'll try to get the picture up here soon) someone in the GA section started pumping their crutches in the air. Ms. Y....were you at the show by any chance???  ;D
Cow temperature.

FiddleCastro

Quote from: kydiddle on Apr 08, 2011, 12:51 PM
I had to text Fiddle: "What's going on? Who is the opener?" For shame, kydiddle...

Haha and I was no help. Devendra Banhart opened, then all I knew, a band was on stage playing Elvis Costello songs, but I could not see anything!  ;D
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

FiddleCastro

AAAND, I saw Kaki King tonight, she was incredible as always, She's really one of my favorite musicians, and tonight I caught her and her "traveling guitar freak show" Which included her playing 4 guitars at once, a Harp Guitar, and some other really, really cool guitars.   I didn't record any video from the show, as I was in the back corner and couldn't really see much... But here are some videos from the tour.

Doing The Wrong Thing
2/15 Kaki King - 7-String Nylon Guitar Banter + Doing The Wrong Thing [Acoustic] (HD)

Because It's there (Harp Guitar!)
Kaki King Live @ The Birchmere Alexandria, VA 3.29.11

Life Being What It Is (Featuring Typical Silly Kaki King banter)
5/18 Kaki King - Guitar Tech/Banjo Banter + Life Being What It Is [Acoustic] (HD)

I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh