What Show Did You Just See?

Started by CC, Dec 23, 2010, 08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiddleCastro

Interpol and Blonde Redhead tonight, great show, not as good of a set as the last time I saw Interpol, but still an excellent show.

I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Crispy

Wilco last night at this place:

Outstanding!  :D
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

MarkW

The Sword last night at a very small venue in Manchester.  I have very little hearing left this morning.  Setlist;

Acheron/Unearthing the Orb
Tres Brujas
Arrows In The Dark
How Heavy This Axe
Barael's Blade
The Chronomancer I: Hubris
Frost Giant
The Horned Goddess
The Warp Riders
Freya
Massacre (Thin Lizzy cover)
Night City
(The Night The Sky Cried) Tears Of Fire
Winter's Wolves

Encore:
Iron Swan

Excellent set in an increasingly hot and sweaty venue.  The Lizzy cover was excellent, and the encore melted faces.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

youreveningcoat

Quote from: MarkW on May 12, 2011, 04:04 AM
The Sword last night at a very small venue in Manchester.  I have very little hearing left this morning.  Setlist;

Tres Brujas
Arrows In The Dark
How Heavy This Axe
Barael's Blade
Frost Giant
The Horned Goddess
The Warp Riders
Freya
Night City
Winter's Wolves

Encore:
Iron Swan

Excellent set in an increasingly hot and sweaty venue.  The Lizzy cover was excellent, and the encore melted faces.

No Maiden Mother and Crone? That's my favourite.
Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes

mjk73

Quote from: MarkW on May 12, 2011, 04:04 AM

Tres Brujas
Arrows In The Dark
How Heavy This Axe
Barael's Blade
Frost Giant
The Horned Goddess
The Warp Riders
Freya
Night City
Winter's Wolves

Encore:
Iron Swan

told ya. I was sweatin buckets when I saw them and my ears hurt, even with ear plugs.

MarkW

Roger Waters doing The Wall at the O2 in London on Saturday night - my second time seeing this show.  We had great seats, and the sound and visuals were once again spot on.

The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

johnnYYac

Quote from: MarkW on May 16, 2011, 05:00 AM
Roger Waters doing The Wall at the O2 in London on Saturday night - my second time seeing this show.  We had great seats, and the sound and visuals were once again spot on.

I missed this tour and really should have gone, considering Pink Floyd were the equivalent of MMJ to me back in the 80s, before the Grateful Dead entered my life. 

I stumbled upon a decent fanshot video of this show, from late 2010 in Chicago, available as download to burn (2 DVDs) or to watch online.  I'll post it later, when I can find the links.

EDIT: here it is  http://panicstream.com/video/thewall.html
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

woodnymph

The Junip show tonight was AWESOME!!  I was secretly (or maybe not so secretly...) pulling for "At the Doors," and they playedddd it!

Also wanted to hear their song "Howl," because the lyrics are just pretty bad-ass.  They played it the third song in!  And by some miracle I landed standing next to one of the only other girls dancing  8)

It felt somewhat whimsical, I've been wanting to see Jose for a long while now, and Junip brings out a bit more of his psychedelic sounding side... And my energy today has been a little over the map... it was pretty chilly down here today (I enjoyed that it wasn't super hot at work)  But the air smelled so clear and crisp that something about it pulled me way back to Woodstock last October... it just smelled like Fall and felt like it too... and to bring it full circle, that was when I was really starting to get into Junip in the first place! (Also some of my best memories of MMJ & forum friends, to boot!  8))

But they definitely were on point and grooving out in a real way.... glad to finally see them!  8)
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

sweatboard

That's beautiful.....

I'll never get over this.....

Heartbeats - Jose Gonzalez
There's Still Time.........

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: woodnymph on May 17, 2011, 01:13 AM
The Junip show tonight was AWESOME!!  I was secretly (or maybe not so secretly...) pulling for "At the Doors," and they playedddd it!

Also wanted to hear their song "Howl," because the lyrics are just pretty bad-ass.  They played it the third song in!  And by some miracle I landed standing next to one of the only other girls dancing  8)

It felt somewhat whimsical, I've been wanting to see Jose for a long while now, and Junip brings out a bit more of his psychedelic sounding side... And my energy today has been a little over the map... it was pretty chilly down here today (I enjoyed that it wasn't super hot at work)  But the air smelled so clear and crisp that something about it pulled me way back to Woodstock last October... it just smelled like Fall and felt like it too... and to bring it full circle, that was when I was really starting to get into Junip in the first place! (Also some of my best memories of MMJ & forum friends, to boot!  8))

But they definitely were on point and grooving out in a real way.... glad to finally see them!  8)

Glad to hear it was a good show! I only have Fields so I don't know the song At The Doors, and forgot they had a song called Howl. I had a wisdom tooth pulled today and have been completely out of whack all day.  ??? :-\
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

MarkW

woodnymph

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on May 17, 2011, 01:59 AM
Quote from: woodnymph on May 17, 2011, 01:13 AM

Glad to hear it was a good show! I only have Fields so I don't know the song At The Doors, and forgot they had a song called Howl. I had a wisdom tooth pulled today and have been completely out of whack all day.  ??? :-\

Oh no!  Sorry to hear about the tooth!  "You can't handle the Tooth!"  :-X  Meh, wisdom teeth are not a pleasant memory.... hope ya feel better soon!

Yeah I was losin' it at the show, sorry for the slight barrage of msgs!!  We were so close, the crowd wasn't large at all, and they sounded awe-some.  :)  Hey sweatboard I love  Heartbeats!  We weren't sure if he'd do any solo Jose tunes (which he didn't) but they rocked the place, and they encored with "Tide" and lastly "Always."

Tide lyrics are beautiful too..... his lyrics and his vocal stylings are transcendental...

Junip - Tide

All of the memories will return
In the sleep like shallow scars
Whatever remains will set you freeee
A crater left as a divide

There will soon be time to meet them all again
For once at eye level and for once as friends

There will be time
Time to return.....

And Howllll:

Junip - Howl

Now we could still talk about moral responsibility
We could still talk about our common human goals
What leads to happiness what leads to suffering
What leads to exuberance and flourishing of the soul

But it would help
To figure out
What's making us howl....
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

nuggets

05/15/2011 Flying Monkey, Plymouth, NH
Original Setlist
One: Oh Boy ; Rosalie McFall ; The Race Is On ; Jack A Roe ; Monkey And The Engineer ; Lazy River Road ; Big Iron ; Tell It To Me ; Operator ; Chimes Of Freedom ; Dupree's Diamond Blues ; Mountains Of The Moon ; Cassidy

Two: Deep Elem Blues ; On The Road Again ; Rockin' Pneumonia and Boogie Woogie Flu ; California Earthquake (Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On) ; The Last Time ; Overseas Stomp (Lindbergh Hop) ; Me And Bobby McGee ; The Thrill Is Gone ; It Makes No Difference ; Cumberland Blues > Friend Of The Devil > Cumberland Blues ; Silver Threads And Golden Needles ; Bird Song > Hey Jude

Encore: Katie Mae ; Walk In The Sunshine > Ripple
Notes:
Acoustic

Meh. Not a huge fan of DSO, but this show was local and cheap so.....

Small piece of Cal Earthquake
http://s395.photobucket.com/albums/pp40/nuggets420/?action=view&current=MOV_0050.mp4
...and a few pics

Next up....Steel Pulse. Woohoo!
Oh shit, run!

kotchishm

Fleet Foxes and the Cave Singers last Sunday....awesome show!

Bon Iver next 6/30 in Richmond, or after finding out about them, Futurebirds at the Orange Peel before that
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

walterfredo

saw Prince last night and it was amazing.  Holy freaking dance party!

mjk73

BH

Quote from: Darklands on May 19, 2011, 11:20 AM
Slobberbone. I'll let this article do the talking. I'm to busy being hungover.

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/atoz/2011/05/slobberbone_review_photos_tour.php

Tried to get out at the last minute and couldn't make it happen.   :(  Glad you had a good time!

"That pretty much sums up the night - a raucous, whiskey-fueled steam explosion among old friends." 

sounds like my kind of party

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

mjk73

Quote from: BH on May 19, 2011, 11:52 AM
Quote from: Darklands on May 19, 2011, 11:20 AM
Slobberbone. I'll let this article do the talking. I'm to busy being hungover.

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/atoz/2011/05/slobberbone_review_photos_tour.php

Tried to get out at the last minute and couldn't make it happen.   :(  Glad you had a good time!

"That pretty much sums up the night - a raucous, whiskey-fueled steam explosion among old friends." 

sounds like my kind of party
They were so on point last night. I'm a friend with the reviewer so I got to hang with her all night at the bar. It was great. For most of the openers set, there were maybe 20 people there tops. If filled in a little more but there wasn't a crush like at Angels or at Pokey.

ManNamedTruth

Saw Avett Brothers with Nicole Atkins opening last night. Even though the show sold out, I still feel like they're underrated. Avett brothers deserve the kind of success Mumford & Sons have had. Avett Brothers>Mumford & Sons IMO. Avett Brothers have been around for awhile and Mumford & Sons blow up with their debut album, just doesn't sit well with me. Anyway, the show was amazing. Great energy and amazing musicianship, what's not to like? Also, I wore my roll call shirt and a couple MMJ fans stopped to shake my hand! It's amazing to see us MMJ fans stick together like that! It really is a community.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

mjk73