What Show Did You Just See?

Started by CC, Dec 23, 2010, 08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: Murph on Sep 16, 2015, 04:09 PM
Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Sep 16, 2015, 02:32 PM
I love Unkown Legend. I do not love Caleb Followill.

Yea he kind of knocked it out of the park though.  The house band was amazing all night as well.  I will say though, Sunday night (I went Monday) Norah Jones did Unknown Legend and I definitely would rather have heard her if I had a choice between the two.  I was happy to see he was involved in it.  Most random guest of the night, Hyde from That 70's Show playing guuitar on "Throw Your Hatred Down"

I noticed that on the list. Is Hyde in a band? is he still acting?
It'd be kinda hard to see him as anything other than Hyde...

dmooney99

Last Monday, Eagles of Death Metal.  I know half the audience didn't really care for Jesika Von Rabbit but i kinda dug her. EoDM came on about 10:15 and played for about 1 and half hours. He said he was sick from the night before. Sounded fine though. Jesika joined them onstage for Cherry Cola. Almost got Bag O'Miracles (which they haven't played in like 6 years but Jesse forgot the words. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJe40bUPUqg

Born on the Bayou (intro)
Bad Dream Mama
Don't Speak (I Came to Make a Bang!)
Heart On
Complexity (Boots Electric cover)
Whorehoppin' (Shit, Goddamn)
Got a Woman
I Got a Feelin (Just Nineteen)
The Reverend
Cherry Cola
Silverlake (K.S.O.F.M.)
I Like to Move in the Night
I Want You So Hard (Boy's Bad News)

Encore:
Stone Walls and Steel Bars (Boots Electric solo)
Bag O' Miracles (Boots Electric solo, snippet)
San Berdoo Sunburn (Boots Electric solo)
Kiss the Devil (Boots Electric solo)
Brown Sugar (The Rolling Stones cover) (Boots Electric solo)
Wannabe in L.A.
I Only Want You
Speaking in Tongues (With guitar battle between Jesse Hughes and Dave Catching, and bass solo by Matt McJunkins)

Overall fun good show.  Some of the new songs didn't really care for too much.  Hopefully the album is decent.

Few days before that saw L7.  It was also good.  I only knew a handful of their stuff though.  But those girls can rock at 50 something years old.

LBSUNFLWR

Saw the Chris Robinson Brotherhood last night at the Mercury Ballroom.
This was my 5th time seeing them and I'd say it was the best of any of them.
Though Neal Casal is still a star, the keyboard player Adam MacDougall really stole the show last night. Just unlike any keyboard player I've ever seen.
He was great in The Black Crowes but really goes nuts on the CRB songs. he had 4 keyboards, all with different sounds and switches around a lot.

3 hour show. love this venue, only about 300 people there I'd say.
awesome night!!

Cane2

Langhorne Slim & The Law and The Avett Brothers at the clearwater jazz festival

beardedwonder

I think it would be cool if we had a sticky for new "tour announcements". I've been waiting a good while to see Jose Gonzalez. I very randomly went to his site today and he is touring. I had no idea. I grabbed decent tix to the show but I was way late for primo seats. Anyone else think a sticky for a little heads up on new tour announcements for bands other than MMJ would be great??
"'Cause everything'd be great and everything'd be good If everybody gave like everybody could"

Fully

Quote from: beardedwonder on Dec 07, 2015, 10:07 PM
I think it would be cool if we had a sticky for new "tour announcements". I've been waiting a good while to see Jose Gonzalez. I very randomly went to his site today and he is touring. I had no idea. I grabbed decent tix to the show but I was way late for primo seats. Anyone else think a sticky for a little heads up on new tour announcements for bands other than MMJ would be great??
You need to get the Bands in Town app and follow your favorite artists on Facebook and Twitter if you want the earliest tour info.

beardedwonder

Awesome! Thanks for the info Fully.
"'Cause everything'd be great and everything'd be good If everybody gave like everybody could"

walterfredo

wife and I just saw Dr. John and The Nitetrippers at Tipitina's in NOLA last week.  What an amazing legend! 

jcc0065

gregg allman in birmingham tonight was just awesome. weird crowd of half hippies half rednecks, but damnit hes still got it! played all the classics, but funked em up just a little but. ready for night 2 tomorrow!

Sidus

Saw Jason Isbell for the first time last weekend, awesome  show!  :thumbsup:

Derek713

Mathew Logan Vasquez (lead singer of Delta Spirit and in Middle Brother). He did a Texas residency and played every Tuesday of January in Houston. I was able to go to all of them and all were great. He has a new album coming out on 2/9. I was able to grab it on vinyl last night even though it hasn't been released yet.

beardedwonder

My first WILCO show. Great seats - directly in front of Nels Cline six rows back. Awesome!

sillyboob

Quote from: beardedwonder on Jan 31, 2016, 07:19 PM
My first WILCO show. Great seats - directly in front of Nels Cline six rows back. Awesome!

Given Nels guitar work, that's just about the best place to be seated at a Wilco show.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Gina

Saw Colin Hay last month - he was a great story teller, and very funny.  He probably told stories as much as he sang, and he hasn't lost it.  Fun time!

Saw Garth Brooks on Valentines Day.  It was a birthday gift bucket list concert for my hubby, but I really enjoyed it.  Garth took the best aspects of a lot of great concerts and put on a fantastic show.

Just saw The Clarks on Friday.  I went to college with those guys.  They are pretty much a Pittsburgh regional band that just never seemed to break out of that market.  Seeing them in Charlotte made me feel like I was back in da 'Burgh.

Seeing Sister Sparrow and The Dirty Birds in 2 weeks!  They look fun and funky.  Looking forward to this one.  :beer:

YimYodd

Dave Mason (50 years of Feelin Alright) opened for
Leon Russell last week in Reading PA!
They don't play as long but both sure as hell still can play!
Sweet encore of All Along the Watch Tower by Dave & highlights (IMO) from Leon were cover  of Hard Rain's Gonna Fall with story of playing1970 MSG Concert for Bangladesh with Dylan (Leon on bass guitar that night) & Song for You.
My heart pumps away for your loving touch, My Sweet Juls. You know I never, I Never Could Get Enough

slappymoe

saw what's left of the who last night. pete is still a force of nature, daltrey sounded better than expected.  zak starkey is fantastic, hard to believe ringo's boy is 50! in their prime, probably the best live band ever, and they're still pretty damn good. glad i caught them one last time. :beer:

wonder if i'll be alive to see jim & the boys rocking out after they hit 70........

ALady

Carly Rae Jepsen was the most fun show I've seen in a long, long time.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

LBSUNFLWR

Do yourself a favor and go see Phil Cook!!
Damn what a show! And what a nice guy. We got to speak to him for a few minutes after the show and he couldn't have been any cooler and more appreciative of all the love.
At Zanzabar the stage is like a foot off the ground and the 35-40 people that were there were just gathered around kind of jaw dropped and grinning.
They were just so much better than I imagined they would be. And I loved Southland Mission, from the very first moment I heard it, but those songs live were 100 times better.
He is a hell of a guitar player, hell of a singer and much more of a performer than he probably thinks he is. His band was fantastic as well.

The tour just started 2 nights ago in Nashville. Louisville was just the 2nd show in what looks like a long tour that goes everywhere, so GO!!! Seriously.

The opener, who was also the guitar player in Phil's band, was also excellent. Just solo, playing acoustic or banjo and singing some really good songs with a great voice. I bought his cd called Montana. He goes by The Dead Tongues but it was just one guy named Ryan. Looks like he'll be opening most of the tour.

ON The Road
Mar 17
Thu
Schubas Tavern
w/ The Dead Tongues
Chicago, IL

Mar 18
Fri
First Avenue
w/ The Pines
Minneapolis, MN

Mar 21
Mon
The Sunset
w/ The Dead Tongues
Seattle, WA

Mar 22
Tue
Doug Fir Lounge
w/ The Dead Tongues
Portland, OR

Mar 23
Wed
Humboldt Brews
w/ The Dead Tongues
Arcata, CA

Mar 24
Thu
The Chapel
w/ The Dead Tongues
San Francisco, CA

Mar 25
Fri
The Echo
w/ The Dead Tongues
Los Angeles, CA

Mar 26
Sat
Velvet Jones
w/ The Dead Tongues
Santa Barbara, CA

Mar 31
Thu
The Sidewinder
w/ The Dead Tongues
Austin, TX

Apr 1
Fri
Rudyard's Pub
Houston, TX

Apr 2
Sat
Hogs for the Cause
New Orleans, LA

Apr 3
Sun
Eddie's Attic
w/ The Dead Tongues
Decatur, GA

Apr 5
Tue
Boot & Saddle
w/ The Dead Tongues
Philadelphia, PA

Apr 6
Wed
Mercury Lounge
w/ The Dead Tongues
New York, NY

Apr 8
Fri
Rock & Roll Hotel
w/ The Dead Tongues
Washington, DC

Apr 9
Sat
Haw River Ballroom
w/ The Branchettes
Saxapahaw, NC

Apr 26
Tue
John Dee
w/ The Dead Tongues
Oslo, Norway

Apr 27
Wed
Loppen
w/ The Dead Tongues
København K, Denmark

Apr 28
Thu
Privat Club
w/ The Dead Tongues
Berlin, Germany

Apr 29
Fri
Ekko
w/ The Dead Tongues
Utrecht, Netherlands

Apr 30
Sat
Blues Night
w/ The Dead Tongues
Groningen, Netherlands

May 1
Sun
Roots and Roses Festival
Lessines, Belgium

May 3
Tue
100 Club
w/ The Dead Tongues
London, United Kingdom

May 4
Wed
Brudenell Social Club
w/ The Dead Tongues
Leeds, United Kingdom

May 5
Thu
Soup Kitchen
w/ The Dead Tongues
Manchester, United Kingdom

May 6
Fri
Whelan's
w/ The Dead Tongues
Dublin, Ireland

May 15
Sun
SECCA
Winston-Salem, NC

Aug 12
Fri
Eaux Claires Music Festival
Eau Claire, WI

Aug 13
Sat
Eaux Claires Music Festival
Eau Claire, WI

Aug 18
Thu
Green Man Festival
Brecon Beacons, United Kingdom

Aug 20
Sat
Pstereo Festival Trondheim, Norway

Derek713

Just caught Patrick Sweany at a small bar. It was a great show, and he played over two hours!

manonthemoon

Caught a bunch of great shows this month after a few months off with the newborn.
DBT 3/4-5/16 in DC were fantastic, especially night two where they seemed so stoked to be playing

Deer Tick 3/10/16 DC did the soundcheck thing with the little one, was really awesome and McCaulley want to hold her which was pretty cool.  Show was amazing as well,and a few new songs were played including Only Love which is awesome but way more subdued than your typical DT show.  The only major downside was the opener, I have finally found a band that I think is worse than Fidlar, reminded me of a sleep commercial.

Decible tour with Abbath, High on Fire, Skeletonwitch, Tribulation, Horrendous 3/17/16 Baltimore 
I know most on here aren't metal heads, but dear god if you want to see the definition of riff you have to catch a High on Fire show somewhere.  Pike is so much better now that he's sobered up and he's always been one of the best even prior.  Face melting to an extreme level.

J Roddy Walston and the Buisness 3/18/16 DC
Always loved these guys, but last night's show was the best I have ever seen by them.  Off the chart energy, he was everywhere crowd was totally into it.  Definitely excited for the new album their working on.
Alive or Just Breathing