What Show Did You Just See?

Started by CC, Dec 23, 2010, 08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beardedwonder

We saw Jose Gonzalez last night. He played with yMusic. Great show all around.
"'Cause everything'd be great and everything'd be good If everybody gave like everybody could"

peafunk31

Quote from: manonthemoon on Mar 19, 2016, 08:17 PM
J Roddy Walston and the Buisness 3/18/16 DC
Always loved these guys, but last night's show was the best I have ever seen by them.  Off the chart energy, he was everywhere crowd was totally into it.  Definitely excited for the new album their working on.

Did they break out any new material? Seeing them 5/6 in Philly & it'd be sweet to hear some new songs. Excited for the new album as well
Homer no function beer well without.

manonthemoon

Quote from: peafunk31 on Mar 26, 2016, 03:07 PM
Always loved these guys, but last night's show was the best I have ever seen by them.  Off the chart energy, he was everywhere crowd was totally into it.  Definitely excited for the new album their working on.

Did they break out any new material? Seeing them 5/6 in Philly & it'd be sweet to hear some new songs. Excited for the new album as well

No, I was expecting to hear something new since they are in studio recording, but after speaking to the merch guy for a while it doesn't seem like the new album will be out till late fall or next year possibly by the way he was talking.
Alive or Just Breathing

peafunk31

Quote from: manonthemoon on Mar 27, 2016, 12:39 AM
Quote from: peafunk31 on Mar 26, 2016, 03:07 PM

No, I was expecting to hear something new since they are in studio recording, but after speaking to the merch guy for a while it doesn't seem like the new album will be out till late fall or next year possibly by the way he was talking.

Meh, wishful thinking I suppose. Thanks for the intel!
Homer no function beer well without.

LBSUNFLWR

James McMurtry, solo acoustic, in a 400 person theater with incredible sound.
great show! hell of a song writer.

pattilovesmmj

:thumbsup:
LUCIUS! At the Metro in Chicago

Gina

Gina

Just saw The Moody Blues last week, followed by an amazing performance a few days later by the cast of "Once: The Musical" (even had to buy the CD).  I highly recommend seeing if if you like musicals and off Broadway stuff.

manonthemoon

Spent the weekend watching The Mountain Goats in Woodstock, New Haven, and Providence.  The shows were fantastic and they did a great job of reworking some of the songs and giving them a little stripped down adaptations and JD pulled out some nice rare songs each night.
Alive or Just Breathing

LBSUNFLWR

Saw Dave Rawlings Machine at the beautiful Brown Theater last night!
We were front row behind the pit.
AMAZING INCREDIBLE show, could not have loved it more.
They are some incredible musicians and singers. just awesome!
Played a lot of their last album and some really great covers: Queen Jane Approximately, Cortez the Killer, Going Down the Road Feeling Bad, plus more.

I HIGHLY recommend seeing them if you can. In Bloomington, IN tonight.

LBSUNFLWR

Saw Taj Mahal Trio Saturday night in a tiny theater with like 300 people there.
He is so awesome! so fun. Loved this show. so glad we went.

Gina

Hmmmm - Saw Steve Hackett on April 19 in Durham, NC.  It was the last date for the US tour.  He did 1/2 set solo work and finished up the second set with early Genesis that included Cinema Show and Musical Box.  Superb!  I got to have coffee the next morning with him and his wife and discuss the state of political affairs in NC, because my first ever Pearl Jam concert was cancelled for that evening.

Next show was The Smashing Pumpkins this past Wednesday - also a first for me.  It was subdued. I didn't realize it was largely an acoustic show, so 1/2 the set was either really lovely or a tad on the boring side when you are expecting bass heavy distortion from an electric set.  Still the second set was the band, electrified, and it was a joy that was really overshadowed by the incredibly rude talkative audience that surrounded me.  Maybe they were bored with the acoustic?  I dunno, but they were the most disrespectful crowd that I have ever seen and it sucked the energy from the band and the performance.  After viewing recordings from The Masonic in SF, it was evident that our audience blew this show. Too bad.

LBSUNFLWR

Widespread Panic is my boyfriend's favorite band and we go see them a lot.
Have been reading interviews that they're stopping touring after 2016. Not forever but will just play a few shows a year, 2-3 night runs and places like Red Rocks, etc.
Saturday afternoon we were discussing if we will ever see them again and looking at their current dates and realized the show Sunday night was not on the outskirts of Cleveland like we thought, 5-6 hours away, but it was around Dayton, OH, more like 2 1/2 hours away...so we bought tickets!! And got our 2 friends to go as well.
So we went last night to what was possibly our last show and it was crazy! cool new venue. outdoor amphitheater with a roof but totally open on the sides. Crazy night of storms and pouring rain, a tree fell over the highway and our ride there was an extra hour and 20 minutes, but still so so worth it!
Got home at 1:30 am and woke up at 6:45 for work...  :drum:

jcc0065

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on May 02, 2016, 08:31 AM
Widespread Panic is my boyfriend's favorite band and we go see them a lot.
Have been reading interviews that they're stopping touring after 2016. Not forever but will just play a few shows a year, 2-3 night runs and places like Red Rocks, etc.
Saturday afternoon we were discussing if we will ever see them again and looking at their current dates and realized the show Sunday night was not on the outskirts of Cleveland like we thought, 5-6 hours away, but it was around Dayton, OH, more like 2 1/2 hours away...so we bought tickets!! And got our 2 friends to go as well.
So we went last night to what was possibly our last show and it was crazy! cool new venue. outdoor amphitheater with a roof but totally open on the sides. Crazy night of storms and pouring rain, a tree fell over the highway and our ride there was an extra hour and 20 minutes, but still so so worth it!
Got home at 1:30 am and woke up at 6:45 for work...  :drum:

What a story, ha!!

I saw them in Birmingham on the 23rd with Tedeschi Trucks Band, and I have to say it was one of the best shows ive been to in my life. Encore lasted 49 minutes, with TTB up there the whole time, and ended with a crazy rendition of "You can Alway Get What You Want".....definitely worth going to take a listen on panicstream.com if you get a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBSUNFLWR

awesome! ^^^
will be on the lookout for recording.

I'm seeing TTB for the first time in July with North Mississippi Allstars and Los Lobos! so many opportunities for sit ins! Derek Trucks and Luther Dickinson on stage together will be about as good as it gets!!

jcc0065

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on May 02, 2016, 12:08 PM
awesome! ^^^
will be on the lookout for recording.

I'm seeing TTB for the first time in July with North Mississippi Allstars and Los Lobos! so may opportunities for sit ins! Derek Trucks and Luther Dickinson on stage together will be about as good as it gets!!

Watching Derek Trucks make magic on that guitar of his just leaves you with your jaw dropped!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derek713

Sturgill Simpson put on a great show Tuesday! He opened with four songs before playing all of Metamodern Sounds In Country Music straight through with a couple of covers mixed in, and then finished with playing all of A Sailor's Guide To Earth straight through. Ended up playing 24 songs in almost 2 hours.

Gina

Last show I saw was a fluke!  Boston cancelled all of their shows in NC so I had nothing better to do.  I decided to go see KIEFER SUTHERLAND.

I was pleasantly surprised.  He writes his own material and threw in 3 covers for the show.  It's got a country blues rock vibe.  Met him before the show too.  Very nice, very humble man.

Opening for Kiefer was Austin Plaine.  He was quite good and sounded a little like...oh, I dunno....MMJ?  So I asked at the merch table if he liked Jacket.  His response?  "I'm a HUGE Jim James fan!".  :beer:

MMJ_fanatic

EAGLES OF DEATH METAL!!!!  I was front row at Lupo's in PVD--right by Jesse.  That guy is a GREAT frontman, super laid back funny and wicked engaged with his fans! He even commented on how much he like my shirt (his face is cartoon with his goatee in the shape of the letters "EODM".   :beer:  Loved it so much I grabbed tix for the House of Blues Boston show beginning of June, CAN'T wait! :cool:
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

LBSUNFLWR

saw The Jayhawks Friday night. Got pretty close to front and it was a great show...except for the guy behind me singing every word.

I came to hear the band. not sure why people feel the need to do that???