What Show Did You Just See?

Started by CC, Dec 23, 2010, 08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

APR

Mudcrutch at the 9:30 Club in D.C.  I didn't know a single song, but enjoyed it more than I thought.  It was cool to see Petty in such a small place.  He looked like he was having a lot of fun and was happy to be there.   I hadn't seen him in 20 years, and that was at a huge amphitheater.

walterfredo

Paul Simon @ The Berkeley Greek.  Good times.

Cameron

Mandolin Orange on Monday was great. Their cover of "Boots of Spanish Leather" was a highlight.

beardedwonder

Quote from: walterfredo on Jun 10, 2016, 12:43 PM
Paul Simon @ The Berkeley Greek.  Good times.

wrist band my man..
"'Cause everything'd be great and everything'd be good If everybody gave like everybody could"

sillyboob

Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Shug

Sammy Hagar with Michael fuckin' Anthony, Jason Bonham and Vic Johnson as The Circle.

Montrose, Led Zeppelin, Van Hagar and Sammy solo tunes, hard fuckin' rock solid all night long like it used to be done.  Sammy puts almost all of his 60 year old peers to fuckin' shame with his high energy, no pretentious art rock bullshit, salt of the earth positivity.  That man has found the Fountain of Youth in rock 'n' roll, God bless him!

When The Levee Breaks was a major highlight, dirty, lowdown hard rock slide guitar Delta Blues.  Pretty fucking epic in this day and age.
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

WinstonLegthigh

Caught a pair of Phish shows at Wrigley. The second night was oh so pure.

LBSUNFLWR

I saw Phish for the 1st time in 1995, and for the 2nd time Sunday night at Deer Creek, 21 years later. I am really not a fan but my bf is and I agreed to go along. I was very surprised at how much I liked it!! Great show.

We saw Wussy Saturday night at Headliners. Hardly anybody there which was a disappointment being that they're from Cincinnati, an hour and a half away and it was a Saturday night.. Really fun show.

iLikeBeer

Saw Ray and the Boys last night up in Cleveland and it was an amazing show!

Bo had quite a few solos which was nice to see.  At one point the band was jamming and the lights highlighted each one of them and went dim on Ray which I thought was a pretty nice touch of Ray appreciating who he was playing with.

I'd been really looking forward to hearing Ouroboros live and it didn't disappoint!  Carl and Ray laid some some really psychedelic jams!

Cameron

I saw Gregory Alan Isakov on Saturday and it blew me away.  I hope he always tours with the symphony from now on.  Langhorne and Shakey Graves joined him for a cover of TVZ's If I Needed You in the encore.  Great night of tunes.

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: Cameron on Jul 06, 2016, 12:08 PM
I saw Gregory Alan Isakov on Saturday and it blew me away.  I hope he always tours with the symphony from now on.  Langhorne and Shakey Graves joined him for a cover of TVZ's If I Needed You in the encore.  Great night of tunes.

so cool you were there! I saw a picture of the 3 of them on stage together.

I've seen Isakov solo acoustic once and with his band once and was blown away both times. I think he's just incredible no matter who plays with!

slappymoe

chris cornell at the louisville palace last night. just fantastic. might be the best voice in all of rock 'n roll.

and i got my first-ever setlist.  23 songs on the list, plus he threw in 6 more. loved all the covers....prince, zeppelin, marley, beatles, dylan.....and billie jean :thumbsup:

highlights for me were his cover of mad season's river of deceit and seasons.

Shug

I dig Mad Season alot, too.  Its my fave album of the grunge bands, probably because its both the most 70s sounding  of them all and its got that lethargic opiated feeling.  Sorry that Layne had to die to achieve it.

What Zepp songs did he do?
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

slappymoe

dookie shoot bandit

Saw dinosaur jr. And janes addiction last night!
Great time!
Felt like 1995 :drum:

Come Closer

Quote from: slappymoe on Jul 07, 2016, 03:45 PM
loved all the covers....prince, zeppelin, marley, beatles, dylan.....and billie jean :thumbsup:

Best cover I saw him do was Man of Golden Words.

beardedwonder

Dead&Co back to back nights from the pit in Fenway. Night 1 had possibly the best set of live music I have seen in person to date (set 2). These guys are the best live act currently IMHO.
"'Cause everything'd be great and everything'd be good If everybody gave like everybody could"

Gina

Quote from: Cameron on Jul 06, 2016, 12:08 PM

And

Quote from: slappymoe on Jul 07, 2016, 03:45 PM
chris cornell at the louisville palace last night. just fantastic. might be the best voice in all of rock 'n roll.

and i got my first-ever setlist.  23 songs on the list, plus he threw in 6 more. loved all the covers....prince, zeppelin, marley, beatles, dylan.....and billie jean :thumbsup:

Caught both of these performers and completely agree.  So good!

Also hit the Howard Jones-OMD-Barenaked Ladies show, the Steve Miller show, the Bad Company-Joe Walsh show, the Steve Winwood-Steely Dan show, and the Ray LaMonJacket show.  All excellent. :-)

LBSUNFLWR

Tedeschi Trucks/Los Lobos/North Mississippi Allstars at Riverbend, Cincinnati, OH

This was the show of the summer for me!! I was hoping for 1 collaboration...I got so much more!!
Derek came out with NMAS. Susan came out with Los Lobos and did "What's Going On"
Los Lobos covered "West L.A. Fade away"
Luther came out with Tedeschi Trucks for 5-6 songs including the most beautiful "Midnight In Harlem" with Derek and Luther alternating guitar solos.
The big man from Los Lobos came out with TTB too. Plus their 12 piece band complete with a horn section and 3 back-up singers was just over-the-top amazing!!!

beardedwonder

Just got home from Pearl Jam at Fenway night 1. The last time I saw PJ was in 2008 and I've likely seen them around 8-9 times. Tonight, all I could think was "holy crap, Jim and the boys absolutely blow this band outta the water!!" 

Don't get me wrong PJ puts on a very good rock n roll show and you get your $ worth. But tonight really helped to put live MMJ into perspective for me.