Main Menu

WEEN

Started by walterfredo, Dec 23, 2010, 08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_wizzard

We have tickets for tomorrow night's show here in P-town. I was actually thinking of bailing on the show as of last night for other reasons. But I have had friends with serious drug problems and I don't find it entertaining to spend $50 to see someone completely cracked out attempt to play a show. 
I find this very sad, and think in the interest of making the 'right' decision, they should cancel the tour. But canceling tours pisses off fans and costs money, so I guess we will have to see what happens tonight. I am sure he has suffered from one hellofa hangover today  :-\

woodnymph

Yeah dood this is really-

A Tender Situation.....

I was lurking at work all night reading about the craziness here.... that picture.... wheeewwwww..... c'mon Gener, is this what Deaner Was Talking About?

It's so weird watching their changes through the years...  I haven't glanced yet at the Ween forum, but sounds a bit crazy....

These guys have had one of the biggest 'impacts' on me through mid-teenage-hood and beyond.... I listened to White Pepper when it first came out in 2000, not having the slightest damn idea a.) what Ween was and b.) what pot was really about.... and the two substances blended, and it may have been the beginning of what I first ever knew to be face melting. I just remember the opening notes of "Exactly Where I'm At," and I felt like I was in a spaceship getting ready to launch... (it still has this effect..)

I like:
Quote from: flyguy on Jan 25, 2011, 02:03 PM
White Pepper will change your life.

My ex and our 'group' of friends were then very much into Ween, and all their previous albums were staples anytime we hung out. I remember being pretty spaced a handful of times and needing to skip certain songs because my circuits felt like they might short hahah :-! But yeah, there ought come a time when you get a grip... at least to some degree! What's strange in its own rite is that the Ween show I saw in Charlottesville in '06 actually made me hault the psychedelic realms I'd been exploring. Not like I was non-functioning or not taking care of myself or anything, but something about that show made me steer toward 'whoa.... it's quittin' time for a hot minute...." And that was the beginning of 'slowing down' hahah  It really was quite a night...but wheeewww.......

Sad day to see Gener that way.....

I think it was Mr. Choder that mentioned Pure Guava to have some serious gems... this has been a favorite version of "Tender Situation" for some time now:

Ween - Tender Situation

From their show at The Point, in Bryn Mawr, PA 2/21/2002
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

el_chode

I'm surrounded by assholes

woodnymph

Quote from: el_chode on Jan 26, 2011, 12:38 AM
Consequence of Sound review

Sweetness

That's a bit much lighter on the ears (/eyes)

Hopefully just a hiccup indeed! Not like that's never happened before...  :-X  Gonna try to watch reviews on upcoming shows, if I remember

jones

Quote from: woodnymph on Jan 25, 2011, 10:22 PM
I just remember the opening notes of "Exactly Where I'm At," and I felt like I was in a spaceship getting ready to launch... (it still has this effect..)
:thumbsup:

walterfredo

sounds like things were back on track last night in Seattle, which is great to hear.  Looks like Canada got screwed. 

I just remember the opening notes of "Exactly Where I'm At," and I felt like I was in a spaceship getting ready to launch... (it still has this effect..)

completely agree!  And the actual launch comes right at....."I'm all staged..."  Oh, I can't wait until Friday!!!  :D

woodnymph

Quote from: walterfredo on Jan 26, 2011, 11:36 AM
sounds like things were back on track last night in Seattle, which is great to hear.  Looks like Canada got screwed. 

completely agree!  And the actual launch comes right at....."I'm all staged..."  Oh, I can't wait until Friday!!!  :D

:thumbsup:  Where you catchin them Friday??

walterfredo

Oakland Fox Theater.

woodnymph

Quote from: walterfredo on Jan 26, 2011, 12:39 PM
Oakland Fox Theater.

Oh snap.... 'scuse me I need to change ma undies......  :-X  That place looks FANTASTIC

Jesus mang, I'm sure it's going to be ultimate  :o :o

walterfredo

It's truly an amazing place.  It was closed for decades, rotting away, and was recently renovated to the tune of $75 million, and now seems to be THE place to play in the Bay.  Not a single bad spot in the place, the floor has vents pumping cool air upward every couple of feet (you can see the small circles on the floor in that pic), easy bar and bathroom access no matter where you are and the sound is amazing.  It's no Terminal 5 though  ;). 

woodnymph

Quote from: walterfredo on Jan 26, 2011, 01:17 PM
It's truly an amazing place.  It was closed for decades, rotting away, and was recently renovated to the tune of $75 million, and now seems to be THE place to play in the Bay.  Not a single bad spot in the place, the floor has vents pumping cool air upward every couple of feet (you can see the small circles on the floor in that pic), easy bar and bathroom access no matter where you are and the sound is amazing.  It's no Terminal 5 though  ;).
Hot tamales, sounds shwanky!! I've definitely heard of that place before, have a few Dead recordings (from hot '77) and I've been meanin to get on over there soon to check it out in person!! Have a blast, don't get 2 close 2 yr fantasyyyyyyyy

wolof7

Looks like they played a full set last night 1/25. On the ween forum some stated Gener was in rough shape the first 1/4 of the set but seemed to get it together the last 3/4. Here is the setlist:
Pork Roll Egg And Cheese
Exactly Where I'm At
Spinal Meningitis (Got Me Down)
Gabrielle
Transdermal Celebration
Waving My Dick In The Wind
Take Me Away
Bananas And Blow
Buckingham Green
Did You See Me?
Tick
Wayne's Pet Youngin'
Puerto Rican Power
Object
Roses Are Free
She's Your Baby
Help Me Scrape The Mucus Off My Brain
Learnin to Love
With My Own Bare Hands
Your Party
I'll Be Your Jonny On the Spot
I Can't Put My Finger On It
Let's Dance (David Bowie cover)
Pandy Fackler
Ocean Man
She Wanted To Leave
The Mollusk
Dr. Rock

Encore:

Dancing In The Show Tonight
You Fucked Up
Touch My Tooter
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

woodnymph

Pardon moi français, but.... FUCKIN AWESOME SETLIST!!!!!

Thanks for posting all that, wolof! Hopefully the plane's straightening out a bit. Man.... Wayne's Pet Youngin!!! DR. ROCK!! MAMA IF YOU PLEEEEEASEEE PASS ME TEH PORK ROLL EGG AND CHEEEESE IF YOU PLEEEASE ON A KAISER BUNNNN

Help Me Scrape the Mucusssss Off My Brainnnnn.... aagghhhhh  :D :D

fredo, you're all lined up for some serious badassery I think!!

wolof7

yeah that encore scratches right where I itch
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

el_chode

Oh man, Gabrielle is a dream of mine to see live.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh gabrielle!

That and buenos tardes amigo
I'm surrounded by assholes

walterfredo

I feel like I hear Buenos Tardes every other time I see them, for an encore. 

Myself, I had been wanting to hear a 'Fluffy', and after about 30+ shows, finally heard one in Arcata a couple years back. 

Hoping for a 'Sorry Charlie' on Friday.

woodnymph

Trolling the board at work allllll day since 10:30 this morning hahah  8)

Just went back to the archived shows I've seen, and I definitely have yet to be graced with a Fluffi Claude! Tres-Quatros Amigos have been witnessed (usually as encores indeed, even Gener solo show in '09 (that show was phenomenal....)

AAAAND they're playin the 40 Watt in Atlanta April 15!!!!!! Lovely lovely! Count me in!!!

ALady

Quote from: el_chode on Jan 26, 2011, 12:38 AM
Consequence of Sound review

"It was my first time seeing Ween live..."

::)  Massive grain of salt with that review.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

woodnymph

WALTERFREDO I HOPE YOU'RE HAVIN A FRIGGIN BLAST TONIGHT AT THE FOX THEATRE SHOW!!!!  Report back soooooon as possible please!  :D

I'm pullin' for a Back to Basom for you on this snooowwwyyyy day in Pittsburgh..... Listening to it nowwww..... "And the snow so light it's bleeeeedingggg"   

walterfredo

Amazing shit lat night! Sorry Charlie!!! And so psyched to hear demon sweat! Emerson Lake and Palmer's 'Lucky Man' was off the hook. They were tearing it up!

No back to basom though woodnymph.

1. Fiesta
2. Nan
3. Transdermal Celebration
4. Take Me Away
5. Waving My Dick In The Wind
6. Mister, Would You Please Help My Pony?
7. Learnin' To Love
8. My Own Bare Hands
9. Baby Bitch
10. Spinal Meningitis (Got Me Down)
11. Happy Colored Marbles
12. Bananas And Blow
13. Did You See Me?
14. Demon Sweat
15. Voodoo Lady
16. Chocolate Town
17. Tried And True
18. Lucky Man