Main Menu

Phish

Started by capt. scotty, Dec 24, 2010, 12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walterfredo

Quote from: Murph on Dec 30, 2013, 09:18 PM
So any Phish phans still around here?  I've never seen them before and am going tomorrow night at MSG. What can I expect?

pure awesomeness.  A long show, with three sets, two before new years and a third set which will start slightly before New Years and go for a good hour or so after, and a silly new years gag.  I'm not exactly sure what to expect tonight, for a band that has ALWAYS had a heavy mix of covers into every single show...they have gone the first three nights at MSG without playing a single cover, which is beyond odd.  Might just be the whole 30th anniversary thing...and they're just wanting to play their own tunes.  But expect some tight musicianship with some mind-blowing lights.  Have fun, Phish on NYE is always a treat. 

Murph

Quote from: walterfredo on Dec 31, 2013, 11:56 AM
Quote from: Murph on Dec 30, 2013, 09:18 PM
So any Phish phans still around here?  I've never seen them before and am going tomorrow night at MSG. What can I expect?

pure awesomeness.  A long show, with three sets, two before new years and a third set which will start slightly before New Years and go for a good hour or so after, and a silly new years gag.  I'm not exactly sure what to expect tonight, for a band that has ALWAYS had a heavy mix of covers into every single show...they have gone the first three nights at MSG without playing a single cover, which is beyond odd.  Might just be the whole 30th anniversary thing...and they're just wanting to play their own tunes.  But expect some tight musicianship with some mind-blowing lights.  Have fun, Phish on NYE is always a treat.

Thanks for the insight.  I was never opposed to Phish, but just never got around to seeing them. I'm pretty excited for this one.  The tickets I thought I had through Craigslist fell through, so Im still in search for some, but Im pretty confident Ill be there.  Wish me luck and Happy New Years

walterfredo

I know prices for tonight have dropped dramatically on stubhub, might check that out.  Be weary of buying from scketchballs on the street outside of MSG though.  Hope you can make it, you will be blown away!

walterfredo

did you make it to the show Murph?

Murph

Quote from: walterfredo on Jan 02, 2014, 01:23 PM
did you make it to the show Murph?

Yea I made it and you were right, it was pure awesomeness. We headed to a bar right around MSG pretty early and scored tickets almost immediately and didnt pay too much over face, so I already chalked it up as a success. I honestly had never even heard 75% of the songs played, but it didnt matter.  Which maybe is the beauty of a band like Phish. The lights, the energy, the atmosphere it was all fun as shit.  Plus they drove an RV into the middle of the crowd and played the second set on top of it, which was just cool. Everyone around us was dancing the whole night, and whenever the lights exploded and you could catch a glimpse of the whole garden, it seemed like the whole place was doing the same. So all that (plus all the party supplies we had) made for a very enjoyable NYE.

capt. scotty

That NYE set is pretty nice. A lot of newer songs, but plenty of classic staples and a few rare ones.

Im not into Phish as much as I was 10 years ago, but I went to the Hampton run in October and it was really good. Based on how they were in 03-04 before the hiatus, I never thought  they would be playing at a high level again (hell, or even get back together), and of course 3.0 is different than 1.0, but they just have to seemed to be getting better and better these last few years. Good for them and the phans  :bath:
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

kvgq420

They ripped it on the 29th, never miss a Sunday Phish show.

walterfredo

Glad you made it murph, we watched the webcast with several friends and had a blast.  Nothing like Phish in the garden. 

parkervb

Waiting All Night, first single from Fuego

http://phish.com/fuego/

i have to say, i kinda like it.  Not what I expected to hear.

Don't you ever turn it off

davymac

Quote from: parkervb on May 15, 2014, 09:35 AM
Waiting All Night, first single from Fuego

http://phish.com/fuego/

i have to say, i kinda like it.  Not what I expected to hear.

I dig this track too!  Been hearing it on XM for a few months now.

Soulshine

Is anyone going to Magnaball???? I will be there!  :wink:
Because we're all in this together...

joey_rogo

I went to Superball but can't make it to Magna  :undecided:

Soulshine

Quote from: joey_rogo on Aug 06, 2015, 04:15 PM
I went to Superball but can't make it to Magna  :undecided:

Rats joey...it would be great if you could make it!

sully

Last weekend for us was MMJ on Friday night in New Orleans and Phish in Tuscaloosa on Sunday.  Jim and Trey to bookend the weekend!  Both of these bands are on fire right now. 

Soulshine

Quote from: sully on Aug 07, 2015, 12:27 PM
Last weekend for us was MMJ on Friday night in New Orleans and Phish in Tuscaloosa on Sunday.  Jim and Trey to bookend the weekend!  Both of these bands are on fire right now. 

So Magna Sully? How about Dicks? Everyone loves Dicks!

parkervb

i haven't been into Phish for a long time but my buddy said they've been on an absolutely tear this tour.  the Simple tour opener has a dirty jam that I love:

https://youtu.be/shK8B1iKNfQ
Don't you ever turn it off

Soulshine

Quote from: parkervb on Aug 11, 2015, 04:07 PM
i haven't been into Phish for a long time but my buddy said they've been on an absolutely tear this tour.  the Simple tour opener has a dirty jam that I love:

https://youtu.be/shK8B1iKNfQ

Thanks man! I've been around for a long time and always stuck around. They get better every tour. Spectacular! Thanks again friend. :-)

DID YOU READ THE FIRST COMMENT?!?!?!?!?! LOVE IT

P.S. I heart Ron Swanson lol

Soulshine

ALady

And Wrigley, girl!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

walterfredo

Quote from: ALady on Feb 08, 2016, 05:44 PM
And Wrigley, girl!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wrigleyville is gonna be a zoo!

We'll catch as many of the west coast dates as possible and hopefully dicks.