Main Menu

Phish

Started by capt. scotty, Dec 24, 2010, 12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walterfredo

Wife and I just got from Saint Louis for the opening two shows of tour. I am not a hockey fan, but it was super cool being there as the Blues took the Stanley Cup.The second night of the run was the night the blues won it, and the energy inside was intense. Phish played Gloria (apparently the Blues victory tune) to open the second set, then straight into Loving Cup!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5GJDDf36lw

parkervb

Quote from: walterfredo on Jun 18, 2019, 07:33 PMWife and I just got from Saint Louis for the opening two shows of tour. I am not a hockey fan, but it was super cool being there as the Blues took the Stanley Cup.The second night of the run was the night the blues won it, and the energy inside was intense. Phish played Gloria (apparently the Blues victory tune) to open the second set, then straight into Loving Cup!

i was watching the stream and picked up on the random cheers so i checked the score and you could hear the crowd with each goal. Pretty neat and Trey is a hockey fan so that's real cool for the hometown crowd there that night.

i'm contemplating heading up to MPP Saturday but it's 4 hours and I don't have a ticket. Plenty of lawns out there but I guess I'm picky about being under the shed and those tickets are $$$
Don't you ever turn it off

RobRoy286

Lockn 2016 needs to happen again.

MMJTX

were any of yall at Roo? sounds like they crushed it
Anytime

AKS

I caught the whole Sunday double set and it was awesome. That was my first time seeing Phish so I won't be a real good judge here but I thought it great and had a blast. The second set really grabbed my attention and that's when I was like okkkk, I get it, I can get down with this. Trey being super into it, the light show, the crowd, the weather, it was a perfect evening.

parkervb

its still up on the YT:

As a self described n00b, I thought Sunday was pretty fun. Seemed like a typical festy set but had some great playing despite no lengthy yams. The Mike's Groove was a ton of fun and a Wilson->First Tube to end is the way to go!

jttouch2

I was at Roo, not a hugely knowledgeable Phish fan but I really loved both shows they did, Fluffhead through the end was pretty mind-blowing. Definitely gonna try to up my knowledge level for when I see them again so I know more of the songs than I did haha.

parkervb

Quote from: jttouch2 on Jun 19, 2019, 10:41 AMI was at Roo, not a hugely knowledgeable Phish fan but I really loved both shows they did, Fluffhead through the end was pretty mind-blowing. Definitely gonna try to up my knowledge level for when I see them again so I know more of the songs than I did haha.

relisten dot net is a great place to get acquainted. If you have a streaming service you may have access to the LivePhish releases. I know I do on Google Play.

APR

Quote from: parkervb on Jun 19, 2019, 08:25 AM
Quote from: walterfredo on Jun 18, 2019, 07:33 PMWife and I just got from Saint Louis for the opening two shows of tour. I am not a hockey fan, but it was super cool being there as the Blues took the Stanley Cup.The second night of the run was the night the blues won it, and the energy inside was intense. Phish played Gloria (apparently the Blues victory tune) to open the second set, then straight into Loving Cup!

i was watching the stream and picked up on the random cheers so i checked the score and you could hear the crowd with each goal. Pretty neat and Trey is a hockey fan so that's real cool for the hometown crowd there that night.

i'm contemplating heading up to MPP Saturday but it's 4 hours and I don't have a ticket. Plenty of lawns out there but I guess I'm picky about being under the shed and those tickets are $$$

So you're saying there's a chance.  I was curious and looked yesterday......TM had a "dynamic" ticket that was priced well below stubhub and much better seat than their inventory.

walterfredo

Quote from: parkervb on Jun 19, 2019, 08:25 AMi'm contemplating heading up to MPP Saturday but it's 4 hours and I don't have a ticket. Plenty of lawns out there but I guess I'm picky about being under the shed and those tickets are $$$

if you use Cash or Trade, pavs are popping up periodically for both MPP shows. But you would have to have a gold membership, and set an alert and be somewhat quick as they go fairly fast.

parkervb

Quote from: walterfredo on Jun 21, 2019, 11:17 AM
Quote from: parkervb on Jun 19, 2019, 08:25 AMi'm contemplating heading up to MPP Saturday but it's 4 hours and I don't have a ticket. Plenty of lawns out there but I guess I'm picky about being under the shed and those tickets are $$$

if you use Cash or Trade, pavs are popping up periodically for both MPP shows. But you would have to have a gold membership, and set an alert and be somewhat quick as they go fairly fast.

yea i was sweating CoT pretty hard earlier this week and found out quick if I wasn't Gold, I wasn't gonna score. I'm gonna couch tour this weekend and spend the days by the water.

This Blossom Birds is quickly becoming legendary, the melodic yamming near the end is so, so good. They also played About to Run from Ghosts of the Forests and I had not heard that all until this show and good gravy is Trey killing it on that track.

parkervb

this is a GREAT interview with Trey. The interviewer knows his shit

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/06/24/magazine/trey-anastasio-phish.html

APR

Quote from: parkervb on Jun 24, 2019, 12:07 PMthis is a GREAT interview with Trey. The interviewer knows his shit

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/06/24/magazine/trey-anastasio-phish.html

Really great.  Thanks for sharing. 

parkervb

so that Alpine 3 is insta-legendary.

StillWishing

Quote from: parkervb on Jul 15, 2019, 10:24 AMso that Alpine 3 is insta-legendary.

As they say, never miss a Sunday show.

For my money, the second set on Saturday was one of the best sets of music I have ever seen.

pjthom30

Caught that Ruby Waves on PhishRadio from sunday@East Troy. Amazing!

https://youtu.be/TI6xUJ4fmDk

walterfredo

We had to bail on our alpine trip last minute. :(

Very much looking forward to dicks though. 2 trips to CO in the same month, can't complain!

walterfredo

gonna try to make it to Charleston...

11/29 – Providence, RI @ Dunkin' Donuts Center
11/30 – Providence, RI @ Dunkin' Donuts Center
12/1 – Uniondale, NY @ Nassau Coliseum
12/4 – Pittsburgh, PA @ Peterson Event Center
12/6 – Charleston, SC @ North Charleston Coliseum
12/7 – Charleston, SC @ North Charleston Coliseum
12/8 – Charleston, SC @ North Charleston Coliseum

walterfredo

We had a blast in Charleston, I'm still recovering. These guys are having so much fun on stage these days, really wish we could swing MSG.

And what a great City Charleston is, great people, amazing food!

APR

I started out the new year right by watching Between Me and My Mind.  Great documentary.  Trey is flat out awesome, smart, cool, inspiring.  I'm now even more glad that I saw one of the Ghost of the Forest shows.